Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:31:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google don't care about Bitcoin ?  (Read 1936 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:48:52 PM

I really didn't see much comments from Google (bad or good) for Bitcoin or even crypto currency in general , could someone explain the reason ?
Only thing I saw was Mike hearn (He was developer on Google) but I don't care much about what that guy thinks honestly.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 05:23:00 PM

They didn't speak loud about bitcoin, because if they did it automatically bitcoin will be noticed by people around the world and bitcoin popularity will increased dramatically , and Google not ready for it.
But you know by allowing thousands bitcoin apps at Google play store it's good enough and I think that was how they comment about bitcoin. Not like Apple that not allowing a single apps to their market.
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:01:24 PM

With Google, you and your information are the product, so no, i don't see Google ever hopping on the Bitcoin (or any decentralized cryptocurrency), Though I do see them becoming interested in centralized blockchain technologies.

It's quite interesting that the largest technology company in the world is relatively silent on Bitcoin... A company that many believe was created with the help of the government and its alphabet soup agencies.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:05:31 PM

Even though Google has not made overt statements in support or against Bitcoin/bitcoin,
the Google Dev channel on Youtube did release this video last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN7cmfoH06w

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:06:48 PM

Well I think Google is interested in the technology but they will not say anything about this, Google has a lot of secret agencies that are busy with as a example cars etc.
I think they are thinking about the bitcoin for sure but they won't tell it, the are waiting on the right moment to get out of the closet, maybe there are even working on a own currency you never knows what Google will be bringing.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:09:49 PM

I really didn't see much comments from Google (bad or good) for Bitcoin or even crypto currency in general , could someone explain the reason ?
Only thing I saw was Mike hearn (He was developer on Google) but I don't care much about what that guy thinks honestly.

Google has been suspiciously silent about BTCeanie BTCabies,* too.
*BTC = Digital Gold
BTCeanies = Furry Gold
Bungeebones

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:11:43 PM

I got into a debate with a Google rep about privacy. They basically want control of everything and Bitcoin is the opposite of that. Surprisingly, the rep didn't know that much about Bitcoin and as I explained it to him we gradually got to comparing it with Google Pay. He gave the scenario of me sending money to someone across the table and asked what made Bitcoin different. It essentially came down to Google knowing that I sent the person money. I believe Google's intrusive business model needs to know when we send money so they can put different ads on our screens after we buy. Right now, they don't know if we bought or not and keep posting ads for things already purchased. I'm sure they consider it an inefficiency they are fixing rather than an  intrusion into our privacy but that's Google.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:12:36 PM

They may be trying to create their own blockchain like many other are doing.  Or they could just be waiting until further development.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:14:02 PM

Of course they care about bitcoin, they are a tech giant, they care about any promising technology.

Mike Hearn once said the internal bitcoin mailing list he started had more than 100 people and was very active.

Anyway here's some stuff about Google and bitcoin:

Google asks users how they'd like to see Bitcoin integrated http://www.dailydot.com/business/google-bitcoin-reddit-emails/

#bitcoin 101 or "The revolution of crypto currency" - All in under 4 mins: https://goo.gl/2zTgri @googledevs  https://twitter.com/googledevs/status/699668975307878400

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 06:30:18 PM

actually it's not about caring but it's rather more of what their going to do with google pay if ever they switch attention to BTCitcoin instead. IIRC last week, one of their developers talked about BTCitcoin on their YouTube channel but that's it. At first I thought there will be a huge impact but nothing happened. Google likes to take control and spy stuff (one way or another) and with BTCitcoin, their hands would be tight up so can't see them giving more attention than they do at the moment.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:36:07 PM

that famous gandhi quote may be well suited here, sooner or later everyone will recognize the importance of bitcoin, if the it will get bgi enough....
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 06:40:16 PM

I think they can a huge impact on price if they comment about it. Perhaps they are just waiting for the right moment to comment and make a good profit of the situation... buying some in the shadows.

BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:26:07 PM

Google already has their stage to act. They won't be interested in bitcoin until they see it is worth it. It is more or less like PayPal attitude towards bitcoin.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:36:49 PM

I suppose at this stage they have no real reason to get in on the action, i would say they are bound to gave people who have looked at the technology and i am sure that if it goes main stream they will jump on board pretty quick.
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:38:16 PM

I'm sure they know all there is to know about bitcoin. They just aren't making any waves about it.

Aurorae

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:42:06 PM

I'm sure Google cares about Bitcoin. It's just a matter of time only really. You can only imagine how much attention Bitcoin will receive once Google mentions it.
hero1111

Activity: 1582
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:44:08 PM

i dont think google dont care about bitcion because google is so smart and i m sure they know  alot of thinks about bitcoin .
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:45:35 PM

They just wanna make more money with the traffic being generated from the faucets and others projects related to bitcoin,support they dont do or work with bitcoin but making a great income,thats an amazing business model.
bluestar55

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:57:13 PM

My idea is google care about bitcoin .
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:30:44 PM

I think Google's position towards Bitcoin and crypto currencies in general is quite neutral. That may be a reason why they barely talk about this subject. It could be that they need time to investigate the possibilities of what these digital currencies can do for the world.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: