Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:08:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ripple wallet?  (Read 63837 times)
Cerbera

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:23:29 AM

Today, Ripple has the 4th largest Market Cap (USD8 Billion +) and no desktop wallet that I can find. Is there a technical reason why the devs can't develop a desktop wallet?  I imagine a lot of potential investors would be put off by this...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ     No Rain No Gain  ᕗ       RainbowGold      ᕙ Follow the Rainbow      ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:08:50 PM

Is there a technical reason why the devs can't develop a desktop wallet?

No. I would be mostly non technical: regulation and the possibility that man with guns come to shut them down.
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:30:40 PM

you can keep your ripples online with some trusted sites including; bitterex.
the dev team now has a desktop wallet  as well
link to download the wallet:https://rippex.net/carteira-ripple.php#/
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:39:50 PM

What is the connection between the Ripple developers and this wallet?
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:09:02 PM

What is the connection between the Ripple developers and this wallet?

you can get alot of info on the ripple forum.they have an open source code at github and this wallet is powered by them
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:32:51 PM

Actually there are including XRP is also able to store wallets offline but in my opinion will add panic later because there are also obstacles that can happen anytime and could be self-defeating. I suggest better save in online only

allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:30:07 AM

Ended up using Gatehub because they completed the verification process faster than Bitstamp.
Gatehub took 3 days, while Bitstamp took 6, and customer service was slightly better at answering my concerns during the verification process (opened my account last month).
Cerbera

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:22:52 AM

Great, now there is some progress with a desktop wallet. Windows 64 bit and 32 bit. Probably best to see what ppl say about it in the ripple forums before using. Or just buy a Nano S.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ     No Rain No Gain  ᕗ       RainbowGold      ᕙ Follow the Rainbow      ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Terminator3018

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:05:22 AM

I use gatehub to keep my ripple. U can try
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 07:25:27 AM

I use gatehub to keep my ripple. U can try

When I first register on gatehub they gave me 20 ripples after it, not sure what it is for but glad its there adding on my account. I don't know if they are still giving such bonus upon registration but its quite interesting they are giving it away when its price is constantly rising.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

TanyaDegurechaff

Activity: 182

They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:31:02 AM

Is there an official wallet for ripple yet? I don't like to use gatehub because of privacy concerns.

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and understanding. They're just... glorious misunderstandings."
laurabachmeier18

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:02:53 AM

I haven't had problems storing Ripple on a Ledger Nano S. It was supported as of a few months ago and is a lot better than on an exchange.
TanyaDegurechaff

They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:25:56 AM

I haven't had problems storing Ripple on a Ledger Nano S. It was supported as of a few months ago and is a lot better than on an exchange.

The problem is that I don't have enough funds right now to buy a Ledger Nano S. so I would appriciate if someone can tell me a safe and trusted Desktop wallet to store ripples because I have been a victim of scam eth wallet before and I don't want it to happen in ripples.

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and understanding. They're just... glorious misunderstandings."
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 06:19:04 AM

so far i can not found any ripple wallet beside on the market and i think it will safe if we keep in the exchanges as long as we secure our account. but i am too curious about the dev, why they don't have any wallet like the other wallet and why they don't trying to create one desktop or android wallet so we can move our ripple into the wallet. but so far i am fine with this and if in future there is a wallet for ripple, i want to download it and installed it in my computer or my cellphone then i can send my ripple to that wallet.
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:10:11 AM

gatehub not working in safari? or its platformwide problem?

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
pavlem

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:21:48 AM

Dont work for me on mac safari.

Is there other options for ripple offline wallet ?
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:07:09 AM

When choosing a wallet you need to understand the differences. Cost is the main factor that the user pays attention to in the selection process. Bitcoin doesn't need to pay anything but Ripple insists on having 20 XRPs. When you decide to refill your wallet for 1000 XRP please note that 20 XRP will be used for booking the address. For this reason, people refuse to use several wallets for XRP (even if necessary). To save money  do not rush from side to side. It is better to immediately choose the best option for your wallet.
modtakels

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:11:51 AM

Try ledger nano s it supports various altcoins in the market,i wont recommend to use trezor its bulky and has more price than ledger nano s.

Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:13:00 AM

I have been using the desktop wallet now for about 6 months it functions as you would expect and allows you to hold your XRP under your own private key. Only thing to note is they impose a 20 XRP charge to create your wallet first time.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
RamesesLabs

Activity: 133

The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 11:27:03 AM

This thread kind of makes me want to sell my Ripple (XRP) right away. I currently hold Ripple (XRP) in my Bittrex account and I was looking for the Ripple wallet when I came across this thread. I have been slowly moving my money from Ripple into Stellar (XLM) simply because the information on the website is more clearly presented, a lot more information on how the company plans to move forward, and now finally the wallet. I figured having the same founder that Ripple would have a decent wallet, seeing that Stellar's wallet is fantastic. At least this thread lets me know I wasn't crazy when I couldn't find a XRP wallet for the desktop. I still don't understand all the hype around Ripple. I waited almost a year for it to get to a dollar while all these other coins went to the moon, now it's doing the same thing at $1.00 that it did at $0.20. Up 20% by coinmarketcap and Ripple, yet it always seems to be down versus the US Dollar. Ripple just seems like another bank with some shady practices looking out more for institutions than individuals. Developing a desktop wallet for individual users would seem like a top priority to me, given the popularity of Ripple among investors. I will probably hodl on Ripple until the New Year, it just seems like a coin that banks are going to use to cut your wait time for deposit holds down from 10 business days to 5 business days, while Bitcoin and every other cryptocurrency on the market is pretty much instant. That's just my take on the whole matter.

The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange by Rameses Labs, LLC
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: