Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: idea--- A decentralised trust system  (Read 1243 times)
Your Point Is Invalid (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 11:59:12 PM

How about a decentralised trust system, the current system is clearly broken
Decentralised trust systems such as the one found over on thebot.net and hackforums.net to some extent run much better than what we currently have, although people only leave positive or negative feedback for trades which i think is good, i dont need to leave a positive or negative rating because you are my cousin

I think that if everyone's trust ratings count then there wouldnt be pressure on people in DT1

just my 2 cents

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:01:50 AM

Decentralised trust systems such as the one found over on thebot.net and hackforums.net to some extent run much better than what we currently have, although people only leave positive or negative feedback for trades which i think is good, i dont need to leave a positive or negative rating because you are my cousin

I think that if everyone's trust ratings count then there wouldnt be pressure on people in DT1

just my 2 cents

this posts just shows what i thought the whole time: you dont know how the system works.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:04:55 AM

Add this to the trashbin already. theymos probably has some idea for a more complicated and a bit more decentralized trust system, but I have one word to reply with here to make you whole proposal sound ridicuolous 'alts'

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:07:45 AM

just my 2 cents

this posts just shows what i thought the whole time: you dont know how the system works.
If 20-100 people decide how the bulk of the forum views a person's profile then the system is centralised, do you disagree? You have to be an idiot to disagree

Add this to the trashbin already. theymos probably has some idea for a more complicated and a bit more decentralized trust system, but I have one word to reply with here to make you whole proposal sound ridicuolous 'alts'

No he doesnt, he plans to go into the new forum using a similar system as we are using now, there would be a system to identify alts in the new forum

Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:14:43 AM

If 20-100 people decide how the bulk of the forum views a person's profile then the system is centralised, do you disagree? You have to be an idiot to disagree
Your arguments are plain stupid, one can't just say 'This and this, if you disagree you're stupid'. Constructive criticism is one thing but what you're doing is called trolling

No he doesnt, he plans to go into the new forum using a similar system as we are using now, there would be a system to identify alts in the new forum
You don't know , there hasn't been an official announcement or even any rumors about it. Again, I can easily make 50 alts or buy them, discredit someone and sell them and move on with my life. Know VPN much?

You're making bogus up at this point. Although I agree DT might be giving power in the hands of a few individuals henceforth making it centralized and ab-usable, its tolerable at this point

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:19:01 AM

Your arguments are plain stupid, one can't just say 'This and this, if you disagree you're stupid'. Constructive criticism is one thing but what you're doing is called trolling

You don't know , there hasn't been an official announcement or even any rumors about it. Again, I can easily make 50 alts or buy them, discredit someone and sell them and move on with my life. Know VPN much?

You're making bogus up at this point. Although I agree DT might be giving power in the hands of a few individuals henceforth making it centralized and ab-usable, its tolerable at this point

If 100 out of half a million people decide on a person's general rating then this system is centralised, do you disagree?

also im not making anything up, read this document that theymos wrote- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bHlm4NQkSzaBTT5tLIqQBmV92wSsbdOX5r-dRR9Dgg0/edit

ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:20:58 AM

The other thing to remember is that you aren't forced to follow the default trust system. You're able to make up your own trust list, picking and choosing users who you believe are reputable, and who leave reputable ratings. Or if you're generally happy with the default trust system except for a few select users, you can just exclude them from your trust list.

I think that would be a very bad idea, as mentioned before due to alts. Plus, even if there was a hard limit of one account per user, why would you trust a rating from a brand new, unknown user as much as you would from a reputable user with tens of thousands of dollars traded on this site?

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:24:03 AM

If 100 out of half a million people decide on a person's general rating then this system is centralised, do you disagree?
I agree, just don't see the point of even starting a discussion. You can choose your own trust list. theymos isn't here to save them from their laziness
also im not making anything up, read this document that theymos wrote- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bHlm4NQkSzaBTT5tLIqQBmV92wSsbdOX5r-dRR9Dgg0/edit
Educate me where exactly has he pointed out anything about alts
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:27:44 AM

Again, you just showed you dont understand how the trust system works. I see you are still having mexxer on it and in addition you accept lutpin if your depth is at least 2. oh and see, i am on DT2 with your current settings as you still have mexxer in. funny...

so you dont think we are untrustworthy? nvm, ill stop to write more posts in here. doesnt make any sense...

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:49:56 AM

Just in case OP's still confused about how the trust system works here(thats just the Part 1)

Its pretty confusing when you say you do know how to exclude me from your trust list, keep offending me with one liners and backlash against me being added to DT while yourself having me manually added to your trust list.
vodaljepa

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:02:05 AM

Is there anyway to check if you're on the trust list?

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:17:19 AM

The current trust system is totally fine. There may be a high amount of pressure on people in DT1, but if there is an undeserved trust, other members can go to the DT1 member and ask them to review the trust rep.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 01:46:01 AM

Is there anyway to check if you're on the trust list?
You can go to this page, click Ctrl+F, type in your username, and see if it shows up anywhere other than in Depth 0. If it doesn't show up anywhere else, then you aren't in any of the default trust levels in your trust depths.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:01:45 AM

There is no pressure ,they don't care.

yo
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 10:25:32 AM

How about a decentralised trust system -snip- such as the one found over on thebot.net and hackforums.net
-snip-

How do these systems work in comparisson to here?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 10:41:25 AM

The entire forum would be controlled by those with the most accounts, not the most trustworthy.

Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:50:03 AM

Only joint score should be removed from the current system.

yo

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:21:00 PM

How about a decentralised trust system -snip- such as the one found over on thebot.net and hackforums.net
-snip-

Everyone's feedback counts, the system on thebot.net works perfectly but the one on hackforums has some hiccups

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:42:11 PM

-snip-

Everyone's feedback counts, the system on thebot.net works perfectly but the one on hackforums has some hiccups

Is it moderated? What prevents people from creating 1000 shills to change their appearance?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
onlinepro

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:45:35 PM

I don't know what system would be better but I agree with that the current system is not working well and it should be changed.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: