Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 12:05:58 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on 2 pools with 1 card  (Read 922 times)
tito13kfm
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 42



View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:57:15 PM
 #1

After a recent string of bad luck at btcguild with a 3 million share block, and not wanting to switch and have the same bad luck back at slush's I decided to just try setting up 2 miners on all my cards.

To my surprise it worked fine.  I am getting the same total MHash/sec, but split roughly 50/50 between the 2 pools.  Now if 1 hits an extremely long block I won't have to worry about another 5 hours of "wasted" effort.

I'm surprised this isn't listed in a wiki somewhere, but it seems to make perfect sense.  Is there any downside I should be aware of?

Edit: I'm not really offline at Slush's like my sig says.  The sig generator seems to be acting funny.

1480809958
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480809958

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480809958
Reply with quote  #2

1480809958
Report to moderator
1480809958
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480809958

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480809958
Reply with quote  #2

1480809958
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1414



View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:02:05 AM
 #2

Doesn't always work 50/50. Sometimes one of the miners starts using like 95% of the GPU and the other one remains at 5%. Sure in case one of the pools or miners goes down, you get full capacity, but depending on the pools you might get weird returns in short terms? Also it's less efficient (you are paying an insurance fee at the client's location).
MCWey8
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 53

[ Poor Miner ]


View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:06:59 AM
 #3

I run multiple instances of CPU miner for the same reason ..

I have only noticed 1 conversation prior about this topic .. weird it isnt discussed while setting up rigs


must be nice to have all those MH/s and now more steady earnings Tongue
grue
Global Moderator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1932



View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:25:35 AM
 #4

use flexible mining proxy (search for it!)

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
tito13kfm
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 42



View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:36:15 AM
 #5

use flexible mining proxy (search for it!)

Hmm... interesting.  I may have to dig out my LAMP server and give it a whirl.  I could at least point my least powerful rig at it for 24 hours to see what comes of it. 

My current way seems to be working just fine though.  I know as soon as I get it all setup, point my miners at it, and click go, something catastrophic will go wrong.

PcChip
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 294



View Profile
June 09, 2011, 01:01:33 AM
 #6

I just made a post a few hours ago about this topic, which received no replies.

I had strange issues where my clients were reporting higher mh/s than the combined pool stats pages showed.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=13747.0

All rates with Phoenix 1.50 / PhatK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5850 - 400 MH/s  |  5850 - 355 MH/s | 5830 - 310 MH/s  |  GTX570 - 115 MH/s | 5770 - 210 MH/s | 5770 - 200 MH/s
tito13kfm
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 42



View Profile
June 09, 2011, 01:05:30 AM
 #7

I just made a post a few hours ago about this topic, which received no replies.

I had strange issues where my clients were reporting higher mh/s than the combined pool stats pages showed.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=13747.0

Not running in to that issue at all.  Could just be an anomaly.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!