Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:19:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I Want Lightening Network  (Read 1270 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:48:32 PM

everyone has a reason want Lightening Network,including me.but Bitcoin is not belonging to one person or one group has a reason.

The Bitcoin Project does belong to one group: the dev team running the project. What I want, or you, or anybody else, is not going to change their minds.

only because the majority are fine with the current dev line up, especially merchants and chinese miners, but it may change in the future

You're right. But that was kind of what I meant by saying "the dev team running the project".

Forget the future, what about the past? That team changes every day, because anyone can submit a pull request to the code repo, and you can see that by looking at the statistics on Github; the same people working on Bitcoin 4 years ago aren't all working on it now. Some have gone, and other new faces have joined in. I wouldn't expect that to be any different in the future either.

i don't know right now, but there are miners and merchants among the core dev?

what if in the future the whole core dev is full of miners and merchants and they will work for their interest pretty much, it would be easy for them to dictate the progression of bitcoin in a chosen direction
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 06:00:43 PM

I like Lightning Network because I can host a LN node and earn bits from people using it if they use my node.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
18xk5oT2rLrAc24SL96XT14BX

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:45:27 PM

I hate advertisements.

Well I should qualify that - the way this web site does advertisements is fine, and if I see one here for something I am interested in I am very likely to click the link.

I hate advertisements that use JavaScript hovers and multimedia that auto-plays.

I don't use an advertisement blocker because I believe web sites need some way to monetize.

I do use Privacy Badger extension to FireFox because those advertisements do not have a right to track me, and that blocks quite a few, but not all.

Anyway I would gladly pay something like 25 cents an hour in micropayments to my favorite new sources etc. to read their content advertisement free. I believe Lightning Network will make that possible without bloating the blockchain with constant micropayments.

Your thoughts?
All amounts of btc exchange should be allow to go through via the blokchain, that's a must for the very existence of bitcoin.
staff_1307

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:16:03 PM

I also hate advertising, and even if we use your idea, even so I do not view advertising, and yet, I use advertisement blocker.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: