Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:28:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you hold 1 BTC you are a pioneer  (Read 9109 times)
CrazyCraig

Activity: 501
Merit: 340

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:11:58 PM

In 2012, I held nearly 40 BTC. In 2014 it was roughly 20 or so. Today I hold less than 5. Its not because I gambled them or such, but i cashed out. I almost cried when i sold 20 btc at 200 a pop when less than 6 months later it climbed above 1k.
And not so long after that it was under 200 dollars again. If you would have bought it back, you'd be laughing again now.

Although I like the statement that we're all pioneers, you can only know that for sure when much more people use it. With blockchain being full without space for more transactions that won't happen though, the netwerk simply can't handle it.

What do you mean by this? that the block chain size is growing substantially and it will eventually become to large? I can see this happening, as time goes on, the blockchain grows exponentially. Its already around ~80Gb. Factor increased transactions, increased usage, its not unfeasible to see this number grow into the terabytes in a few years.

Minors would have to refactor their equipment, services would have to be reduced as the increased demands of storage costs etc.
jamesl22

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:15:10 PM

holding 1 bitcoin may make you a pioneer in the future if more people start using btc and the price become very expensive because of the limited number of available coins. but without more users, being a pioneer would be useless

You will be called as a pioneer only if the price of bitcoin reaches to millions, and I don't think that is possible soon, if you want to be pioneer at this stage then you should hold at least 100 bitcoins.
CrazyCraig

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:18:24 PM

holding 1 bitcoin may make you a pioneer in the future if more people start using btc and the price become very expensive because of the limited number of available coins. but without more users, being a pioneer would be useless

You will be called as a pioneer only if the price of bitcoin reaches to millions, and I don't think that is possible soon, if you want to be pioneer at this stage then you should hold at least 100 bitcoins.

I would actually differ just slightly on this statement. i would think that a pioneer would hold substantially more. Maybe in the 1-10k range.

Why?

In the early days of bitcoin it was exceptionally easy to mine. It wasn't uncommon for individuals to have several hundred back in the day.
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:39:50 PM

1 btc is really too small amount to hold, if you want to be a pioneer then I think you should hold higher amount of coins, but as we are into bitcoin at this stage, we can be a pioneer in future.
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:33:34 PM

When 1BTC is around $750 i think it's right, you are a pioneer but people always want more, so better to make achivements for people who working with bitcoin Grin

Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:53:04 PM

When 1BTC is around $750 i think it's right, you are a pioneer but people always want more, so better to make achivements for people who working with bitcoin Grin

I a few years, if you hold one bitcoin, you are a rich guy. The price will be high and you can use micro bitcoin to buy things.
darslander

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:55:39 PM

better hold and it will grow till 50 000 bucks  Cheesy
Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:58:21 PM

Holding now around this time is now the best thing that you can do and that is because you have to know that the value of Bitcoin will be more worth so that is nice.
But of course it is hard to know what is going to truly happen in the future.
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:00:40 PM

Holding now around this time is now the best thing that you can do and that is because you have to know that the value of Bitcoin will be more worth so that is nice.

Yes. I personally am a long term trader. I just hold and sell during halving, but I have a separate long term wallet for 2020 and the years after.

I wonder what things will be like for bitcoin in 2025. I also wonder how many times bitcoin will have "died" by then.  Cheesy

CrazyCraig

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:22:40 PM

I.think that the biggest problem with Bitcoin is that its' amount is limited. That would probably be also the biggest obstacle for more massive use.

It could either way. But that's why it goes to decimal points.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:15:44 PM

Yeah we don't know what will be the exact price in future but at a moment holding seems to be an good option as price has started to go down so better to hold till the halving.
CrazyCraig

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:29:28 PM

Yeah we don't know what will be the exact price in future but at a moment holding seems to be an good option as price has started to go down so better to hold till the halving.

Its speculation though. No body knows for sure what would happen to the price.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:38:03 PM

We need to act and react smart when it comes to making profits from bitcoin, I believe in making quick profits so buying and selling is a continuous process for me.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 08:46:45 AM

We need to act and react smart when it comes to making profits from bitcoin, I believe in making quick profits so buying and selling is a continuous process for me.
It is simple to say if you have a good amount of capital because you can take advantage even with a little fluctuation of the price. But having 1 BTC will give you a good amount of money if the price only after 20 years will go skyrocket consistently every year.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 09:54:09 AM

Well its nice to hold more than 1 btc now. I think all who holds bitcoin should be called pioneer not just the ones holding more than 1 BTC. I think everyone is a pioneer because they hold bitcoin even if the future is unpredictable.
CrazyCraig

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:59:46 PM

I buy and sell continuously as well. One has to realize that the only real profit is a profit is realized. I don't mean to sound negative, but those who are holding for $xxxx have the possibility of losing $xxx. The only real profit margin is the one between your selling price.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:02:50 PM

This is not true. We don't need more users, we need more wealth to come in. I don't care if this means more users or just a handful of whales diversifying their portfolios. If whales start moving their portfolios into Bitcoin, we will have 10,000+ per coin overnight and the userbase will not be increased that much, just the price.
OrangeII

Activity: 2114
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:14:23 PM

Well its nice to hold more than 1 btc now. I think all who holds bitcoin should be called pioneer not just the ones holding more than 1 BTC. I think everyone is a pioneer because they hold bitcoin even if the future is unpredictable.
you're right, maybe this time good enough to hold one bitcoin, even if you are a pioneer, but it was just a designation, you can make a profit any time with 1 BTC, even with hold

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 01:58:38 PM

you're right, maybe this time good enough to hold one bitcoin, even if you are a pioneer, but it was just a designation, you can make a profit any time with 1 BTC, even with hold

I will try my best to get up to 10 bitcoins in the next 5 years, so that no more than 2 million people will have more bitcoin.
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:07:42 PM

1 btc is not a big amount to hold now, so I think we should make more efforts to collect maximum coins now and in future we can surely become an pioneer.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀