Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:44:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of cryptocurrency  (Read 3166 times)
Pkzone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 09:13:26 AM

My question is why do people want to stay anonymous?Many people like bitcoin or other crypto because they give them anonymity during transaction but if one is not involved in any illegal,anti-social activity,why would one want to stay anonymous?
PLEASE PLEASE, I beg you to stop calling Bitcoin a anonymous currency, it's a PSEUDONYMOUS currency AND anonymous and PSEUDONYMOUS has ITS own DIFFERENCES
No, wait btvGainer, why am I anonymous? I'm also a Indian...
I'm anonymous because of social threats, if I go against a specific authority, I may be humiliated, and what not?
If you read news, then you must know of death threats, rape threats, home rampage...
Then, will I want that?
No, I believe everyone has a freedom of speech and one must not be threated based on what he has said, if he has said something that is backed by facts, then he must not be threated.
Do you get it? Do you?
Yes I do.If there is someone who doesn't get the point, it is you.I also support the freedom of speech and is against maltreating anyone for his views,ideas,beliefs,speech and actions but we dont need to be anonymous to exercise our right to speech,we need not be hide for expressing our thouthts etc
I need to be pseudonymous at least.
Because if I am not anonymous, someone can trace my usage back to me and may mistreat me for my doings, which is not what freedom of speech is meant to endorse.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mynameisdon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:45:58 AM

I do think it would happen but the only difference will be Countries would keep an  eye on the address owner like coinbase does  Roll Eyes
Any of the government provided facility does not gives you anonymity and it will never. And countries like USA and China will never give anonymity to their citizen. The same implies to India also, Gov will make several laws before allowing a user to use a gov run crypto currency.
Indian government will definitely make laws and there will be argument about it. Bitcoin system is working pretty well now and anonymity is one of the reason for its success. Many websites now accept donations in the form of bitcoins. If anonymity is lost, bitcoin users wont be happy.
PLEASE PLEASE, I beg you to stop calling Bitcoin a anonymous currency, it's a PSEUDONYMOUS currency AND anonymous and PSEUDONYMOUS has ITS own DIFFERENCES
I will spam this every time anyone says Bitcoin is anonymous.
what will you spam that bitcoin is anonymous or not?
i think if you are mastermind in bitcoin network you will say;No,bitcoin is not anonymous.

Pkzone

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 03:40:35 PM

I do think it would happen but the only difference will be Countries would keep an  eye on the address owner like coinbase does  Roll Eyes
Any of the government provided facility does not gives you anonymity and it will never. And countries like USA and China will never give anonymity to their citizen. The same implies to India also, Gov will make several laws before allowing a user to use a gov run crypto currency.
Indian government will definitely make laws and there will be argument about it. Bitcoin system is working pretty well now and anonymity is one of the reason for its success. Many websites now accept donations in the form of bitcoins. If anonymity is lost, bitcoin users wont be happy.
I will spam this every time anyone says Bitcoin is anonymous.
what will you spam that bitcoin is anonymous or not?
i think if you are mastermind in bitcoin network you will say;No,bitcoin is not anonymous.
I'll spam this:

And really, Bitcoin is NOT anonymous, it's pseudonymous.

skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 09:40:30 PM

maybe,but i don't think so.because crypto currencies is already defined as universal currency. so what do you means by different crypto currencies for different country?
we use bitcoin and many other currencies for no getting exchange problem while Sending to others countries.

Exactly.

It is impossible, given current science, to develop a pow blockchain that can be contained in a country.
You can do it with a special form of PoS but it will have a dishonest origin of money problem like all POS chains. Eg: PayTM type currency can be done.

Given our current knowledge it is impossible to tie a cryptocurrency to a dynamic geography.
Proof-of-location is a theoretical concept and measuring distance from the 14 nearest pulsars is not feasible at the moment.
Every other point-of-reference in the universe we know of is dynamic.

Theoretically, you cant even define a country's boundary because geography is changing all the time.
There is a reason why land is measured by patwaris w.r.t nearby geographical landmaps and not GPS coordinates!
Think about it - if we simply define everyone's land precisely as per coordinates, a technology that every smartphone has, there will be no land disputes right?
Awesome. Why don't we do it then?
Because land changes and thus we measure it relatively and not absolutely.

Also, any logic that justifies national cryptocurrencies would also justify state cryptocurrencies or even a village/town specific cryptocurrency. (dillicoin, rampurcoin, etc.)

The only counter argument that would not, is that the jurisdiction and people would want a common national cryptocurrency to allow for trading valuations.
But this stands against the very principal of design of cryptocurrencies wherein an individual could posses multiple national cryptocurrencies and be trading in them in this globalized world, being restricted only by exchange of physical goods (whereas digital goods incur no such restriction and thus renders the digital trader indistinguishable from the native of land).
This is correct, however in part wrong,
You are forgetting that a cryptocurrency is a protocol and it works on a network of computers.
You can tie a walled-garden infrastructure like DPRK's own intranet which is national to a intranet-specific cryptocurrency.
If then, a intranet's cryptocurrency can be distinguished by any other cryptocurrency and it may work within a country's borders.
Mining protocols can be blocked by the state government so the government can only mine it as minting is done by traditional fiat.
THAT'S WHY I SAY, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING.

If you isolate a network (intranet) it is by definition irrelevant for use over the internet.
How do you ensure that a node operator is only connecting to the intranet network? (Thinking more about it it, a node runner will want to secretly open his node to big foreign miners for a cut.)

If you are restricting mining to government only, why mine at all & why not simply form a federation? Do you understand why a blockchain without PoW is not possible?
I hope you did your research before posting.

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
mynameisdon

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:39:19 AM

yes users will not happy due to anonymity of bitcoin .but in case of if government make crypto currency for India they will must require pan card,aadhar card,bank details like bank to creating a bitcoin walllet.because Indian government has been tired of storing black money by indian big leaders.

mynameisdon

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:49:59 AM

Many cryptocurrencies are currently being developed like bitcoin, dogecoin, dashcoin , litecoin etc. Just like now we have different paper currencies for different countries. It is possible that in the future each country will decide or develop its own cryptocurrency?.  What do you think about this? Please share your views.

I think the idea behind these crypto currencies is the decentralization and anonymity of the individual right. Said this.. due to the technology like blockchain countries might come up with something of this sort but along with them other ones community made will always strive .
It is most likely to happen because different countries will have different opinions, laws and government norms. Even though the of bitcoin invention is by Satoshi Nakamoto, I guess western countries will be ahead in this buisness.
if government support crypto currency in india they will must create their own crypto currency because bitcoin owner is still anonymous. so government will never allow their citizens to use product of anonymous person. Grin

globalgaurav

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 05:50:18 AM

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous, it's pseudonymous.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 09:33:53 AM

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous, it's pseudonymous.
How is it pseudonymous?can you please elaborate.Bitcoin doesn't use any identity can you tell who sent you coins by just knowing it tx id?
skang

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 04:30:51 AM

..can you tell who sent you coins by just knowing it tx id?

You can if you are monitoring the mempool & the network and other similar forensics.

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
Pkzone

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 09:46:26 AM

maybe,but i don't think so.because crypto currencies is already defined as universal currency. so what do you means by different crypto currencies for different country?
we use bitcoin and many other currencies for no getting exchange problem while Sending to others countries.

Exactly.

It is impossible, given current science, to develop a pow blockchain that can be contained in a country.
You can do it with a special form of PoS but it will have a dishonest origin of money problem like all POS chains. Eg: PayTM type currency can be done.

Given our current knowledge it is impossible to tie a cryptocurrency to a dynamic geography.
Proof-of-location is a theoretical concept and measuring distance from the 14 nearest pulsars is not feasible at the moment.

Theoretically, you cant even define a country's boundary because geography is changing all the time.
There is a reason why land is measured by patwaris w.r.t nearby geographical landmaps and not GPS coordinates!
Think about it - if we simply define everyone's land precisely as per coordinates, a technology that every smartphone has, there will be no land disputes right?

Also, any logic that justifies national cryptocurrencies would also justify state cryptocurrencies or even a village/town specific cryptocurrency. (dillicoin, rampurcoin, etc.)

The only counter argument that would not, is that the jurisdiction and people would want a common national cryptocurrency to allow for trading valuations.
But this stands against the very principal of design of cryptocurrencies wherein an individual could posses multiple national cryptocurrencies and be trading in them in this globalized world, being restricted only by exchange of physical goods (whereas digital goods incur no such restriction and thus renders the digital trader indistinguishable from the native of land).
You are forgetting that a cryptocurrency is a protocol and it works on a network of computers.
You can tie a walled-garden infrastructure like DPRK's own intranet which is national to a intranet-specific cryptocurrency.
If then, a intranet's cryptocurrency can be distinguished by any other cryptocurrency and it may work within a country's borders.
Mining protocols can be blocked by the state government so the government can only mine it as minting is done by traditional fiat.

If you isolate a network (intranet) it is by definition irrelevant for use over the internet.
How do you ensure that a node operator is only connecting to the intranet network? (Thinking more about it it, a node runner will want to secretly open his node to big foreign miners for a cut.)

If you are restricting mining to government only, why mine at all & why not simply form a federation? Do you understand why a blockchain without PoW is not possible?
You can either 1) Use POS 2) Stop making a cryptocurrency.

Node operator is only connecting to the intranet network? Yes, it's possible to break free of that network, but different transactions from different addresses relayed by a single node would easily expose it.

I'd update this later, I'm too tired.

skang

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:20:19 AM

Exactly.

You can either 1) Use POS 2) Stop making a cryptocurrency.

Node operator is only connecting to the intranet network? Yes, it's possible to break free of that network, but different transactions from different addresses relayed by a single node would easily expose it.

I'd update this later, I'm too tired.

A single miner is indistinguishable from a mining farm operating through a single node.
POS has origin of money problem & nothing-at-stake problem. Of course it will work like I mentioned "simply form a federation". It will be like our current system with only advantage being cost of paper saved.

Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:27:19 AM

Many cryptocurrencies are currently being developed like bitcoin, dogecoin, dashcoin , litecoin etc. Just like now we have different paper currencies for different countries. It is possible that in the future each country will decide or develop its own cryptocurrency?.  What do you think about this? Please share your views.

It is possible, but people will still lose trust in a government based cryptocurrency. Because it is likely that the government will retain a tight hold on their cryptocurrency, however decentralized they may claim it to be.

Altcoins might not last long because most of them are pump and dumps. Bitcoin I believe will be used as currency in the future.
btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 09:31:23 AM

It is possible, but people will still lose trust in a government based cryptocurrency. Because it is likely that the government will retain a tight hold on their cryptocurrency, however decentralized they may claim it to be.

Altcoins might not last long because most of them are pump and dumps. Bitcoin I believe will be used as currency in the future.
People trust in government controlled fiat also why wouldn't they trust government owned cryptocurruncy?Just because something is controlled or owned by government,doesn't mean it becomes bad
mynameisdon

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:02:29 PM

exactly bitcoin is already first crypto currency.so now its price is highest. its also now professional crypto currency.
now bitcoin price will never reduce or none currency can touch bitcoins price in future till something happened wrong with bitcoin network.

mynameisdon

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:13:50 PM

well i'm against for different crypto currencies for different country.but i seen this this thing i became confused.
you just type bitdollar on Google or read this article
http://www.newsbtc.com/2014/12/14/can-bitdollar-link-bitcoin-u-s-government/

you will find that America will make their own crypto currency.
now whats is your opinion on it? Huh

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 10:15:15 PM

well i'm against for different crypto currencies for different country.but i seen this this thing i became confused.
you just type bitdollar on Google or read this article
http://www.newsbtc.com/2014/12/14/can-bitdollar-link-bitcoin-u-s-government/

you will find that America will make their own crypto currency.
now whats is your opinion on it? Huh
I think it will going to help bitcoin because crypto currencies will get global recognition and will clear all the doubts that some people may have regarding blockchain
skang

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 04:27:15 AM

Guys we can dream and I am not saying it is never possible, but national cryptocurrencies are impossible given the current state of human knowledge.

@btvgainer
People don't trust government fiat lol. They use it out of fear cause you would be punished by force if you issue your own.
Also, yes if anything is government owned in India, it is, or will become, corrupt because the judiciary to enforce it is corrupt.

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 10:00:39 AM

@btvgainer
People don't trust government fiat lol. They use it out of fear cause you would be punished by force if you issue your own.
Also, yes if anything is government owned in India, it is, or will become, corrupt because the judiciary to enforce it is corrupt.
How many people want to issues their own currency? and why would someone want own currency in the first place?It is trust that keeps any currency alive.People do trust in INR thats why they accept it
skang

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 03:55:22 AM

@btvgainer
How many people want to issues their own currency? and why would someone want own currency in the first place?It is trust that keeps any currency alive.People do trust in INR thats why they accept it

Go read history. Every single Indian kingdom issued their own coin. We stopped doing it since we stop changing regimes. (Really though, we did not stop doing it even after independence from british rule; we just don't change the face on the note but governments totally change the monetary policy behind it. We have been lucky, unlike the US, Japan etc. to have very intelligent economists, hence you don't feel the effects. )

As to why one would want their own currency. Well there could be multiple reasons. Satoshi's reason is the first para of the whitepaper. You should read it. Also, read bitcoin's first block. You will find a news headline there. Go read that news and then go read about bailouts in other countries.

I use INR because nobody else accepts anything else because it is illegal to do so.

All of this is soon going to be obsolete brother.
There was a time when people asked, why would anyone need their own newspaper?
Now, everyone has a blog.
Well, you may say you don't, but your facebook profile is a blog.
Soon, everyone will have their own currency.

dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:02:04 AM

@btvgainer

Go read history. Every single Indian kingdom issued their own coin. We stopped doing it since we stop changing regimes. (Really though, we did not stop doing it even after independence from british rule; we just don't change the face on the note but governments totally change the monetary policy behind it. We have been lucky, unlike the US, Japan etc. to have very intelligent economists, hence you don't feel the effects. )

As to why one would want their own currency. Well there could be multiple reasons. Satoshi's reason is the first para of the whitepaper. You should read it. Also, read bitcoin's first block. You will find a news headline there. Go read that news and then go read about bailouts in other countries.

I use INR because nobody else accepts anything else because it is illegal to do so.

All of this is soon going to be obsolete brother.
There was a time when people asked, why would anyone need their own newspaper?
Now, everyone has a blog.
Well, you may say you don't, but your facebook profile is a blog.
Soon, everyone will have their own currency.

+1

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████