Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain bitcoin? ?  (Read 2100 times)
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 09:10:26 PM

I have a problem in explaining bitcoin to people in Hindi.I dont know the Hindi equivalent of many words like cryptocurruncy,peer to peer etc I was wondering is there a easy way to explain Bitcoin to someone layman who doesn't understand English?
ChiPh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:29:04 AM

I have a problem in explaining bitcoin to people in Hindi.I dont know the Hindi equivalent of many words like cryptocurruncy,peer to peer etc I was wondering is there a easy way to explain Bitcoin to someone layman who doesn't understand English?
It is really difficult to understand bitcoin unless some concepts are clear to you. There is lot of information on the internet, however for layman it is still difficult to grasp. One of my friend is working on the site which will give information on cryptocurrency as well as other concepts like mining, gambling etc in a layman language. I will share a link when he completes it.
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 09:59:07 PM

It is really difficult to understand bitcoin unless some concepts are clear to you. There is lot of information on the internet, however for layman it is still difficult to grasp. One of my friend is working on the site which will give information on cryptocurrency as well as other concepts like mining, gambling etc in a layman language. I will share a link when he completes it.
Would it be in Hindi? there are many resources including videos that explain Bitcoin to newbies but unfortunately all of them are in English.I am specifically looking for some Hindi resources
ChiPh

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:50:05 AM

Would it be in Hindi? there are many resources including videos that explain Bitcoin to newbies but unfortunately all of them are in English.I am specifically looking for some Hindi resources
Yes, it will be in Hindi as well as English... he is trying to make it as simple as possible. Hope he completes it soon.
learncoin

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:58:41 PM

Hello, I don't think there are any Hindi words for cryptocurrency and such, since these terms are fairly new in English language too... Maybe we will have to use a combination of Hindi words for now

This is my rough attempt Tongue
crypto-computer dwara banai gai koolekhan mudra
peer to peer-kisee anya vyakti se aur ek vyakti tak
Mining-computer se khanij/khanan/khanna
gambling-internet pe jua ka khel
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 08:14:39 PM

Hello, I don't think there are any Hindi words for cryptocurrency and such, since these terms are fairly new in English language too... Maybe we will have to use a combination of Hindi words for now

This is my rough attempt Tongue
crypto-computer dwara banai gai koolekhan mudra
peer to peer-kisee anya vyakti se aur ek vyakti tak
Mining-computer se khanij/khanan/khanna
gambling-internet pe jua ka khel

Thanks for your efforts.Smiley
Vika NSFW

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 08:18:59 PM

I dont know the Hindi equivalent of many words like cryptocurruncy,peer to peer etc

Hi!
Here is the right place to build a
Bitcoin English - Hindi and Hindi-English Dictionary.

Just put Words in English and Hindi translation text will be build later with the help of community.

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:17:30 AM

Sometimes, it is better to retain the original English technical words, rather than inventing something in Hindi as its translation. 
No point in reinventing the wheel.  Smiley
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 08:45:24 PM

An invention of digital currency is really a milestone in cryptography.

Bitcoin (Altcoin) are anonymous, digital and open source payment system can be used to trade world wide.
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 03:12:11 PM

Sometimes, it is better to retain the original English technical words, rather than inventing something in Hindi as its translation. 

Yes but you cant mention some english words to villagers and expect them to understand it.You need to coin new words
learncoin

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:26:30 PM

Yes but you cant mention some english words to villagers and expect them to understand it.You need to coin new words

I think Indian villagers are long long away from understanding bitcoins and cryptos in general. I mean if you want to explain them what bitcoin is, you will have to start from internet itself. Then again, youths today who are hooked to social media and knows what basic internet is, have a better chance to learn more about bitcoins. I believe we are fairly young country, and as more Indians go deep inside internet, the understanding of cryptos will become popular...
Smack That Ace
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1094

Assalamu Alekum

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:29:39 PM

All the words have terms in hindi. Just spend some time googling or hire a translator to translate one of the popular bitcoin intro videos.

Crypto currency could be hidden gold.
Blockchain could be simply the ledger, or Munshi the person responsible for keeping data.
Peer to peer is the easiest one. Remind them of the barter days and they would understand.

good-luck and if you find any good material it would be great if you share it with the rest of us.

Regards

Duke

Smack That Ace
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1094

Assalamu Alekum

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:31:06 PM

I think Indian villagers are long long away from understanding bitcoins and cryptos in general. I mean if you want to explain them what bitcoin is, you will have to start from internet itself. Then again, youths today who are hooked to social media and knows what basic internet is, have a better chance to learn more about bitcoins. I believe we are fairly young country, and as more Indians go deep inside internet, the understanding of cryptos will become popular...

Well said.

You can simply leave the complicated part out and tell them its simply a way to send money by email or make up something innovative to teach them how beneficial this can be for them.

Regards

Duke

Digitalbitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 09:50:32 AM

Bitcoin is tech concept and everything relate to it is can only be understand by computer literate person so there will be total lost of time to literate farmers about Bitcoin.

Even many educated people still not understand what is bitcoin exctelly.
Digitalbitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 09:53:51 AM

Well its all depend upon skill how you introduce "Bitcoins" to new peoples. As normally english is global conversable language.

So making awareness about new concept to new people is quite challenging thing for local enthusiast/entrepreneur.
Digitalbitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 09:59:23 AM

Well its all depend upon skill how you introduce "Bitcoins" to new peoples. As normally english is global conversable language.

So making awareness about new concept to new people is quite challenging thing for local enthusiast/entrepreneur.

Three things are very important.
1) Trust
2) Faith &
3) Belief

Before giving any information person must have to trust all things that he want to tell to new person who is totally unknown about it.

If you have trust in anything that you want to introduce then only you can give faith to person who is in front of you.

If person faith in what you are telling him then only he can believe in things that are totally new for him.
Vika NSFW

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 11:59:45 AM

If person faith in what you are telling him then only he can believe in things that are totally new for him.

False believing can produce troubles.

If the text about Bitcoins is combined with Pictures related to topic, it enter better in the head of people as the nude text.

A NSFW example about explain Bitcoin,
in the Deanonymizing and Privacy protecting troubles and false advertising consequences
 in online digital services purchase.

NSFW!!

http://s017.radikal.ru/i400/1603/0d/fe3f0cfbb570.jpg

http://s017.radikal.ru/i424/1603/f3/d6e3f64cc000.jpg

http://s002.radikal.ru/i198/1603/4b/75ba46556b5b.jpg

http://s017.radikal.ru/i429/1603/04/057e57d7bd94.jpg

http://s014.radikal.ru/i326/1603/f6/1cc3a301a76a.jpg

http://s019.radikal.ru/i643/1603/e8/f039f0346b81.jpg

http://s020.radikal.ru/i708/1603/33/05365d74a38e.jpg

learncoin

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:27:38 AM

The problem with  Indians is that, since most of us have been cheated so many times, we have developed a deep sense of disbelief  for anything new... When it comes to money related affairs, we tend to stick to our tested ways...
More so in recent times, when ponzis like Saradha and Rose Valley are running havoc,, Indians want to remain cautioned....
Vika NSFW

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 05:48:35 AM

Indians want to remain cautioned....

There is no contrary, to be informed in a right mode and not to use.
Is better, than false advertising of Bitcoin and use in relation of fake promises.

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:59:31 AM

well i can make a guide in hindi because i have too seen many peoples dont know english well.so that guide will help then to come up with bitcoin and even with others altcoin too
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: