Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So Cryptsy's CEO predicted this would happen.  (Read 1508 times)
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:47:51 PM

Cmon...
A lot of people was predicting this since Cryptsy open it's doors.
Now, I wonder where Big Vern is spending our coins...
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:19:33 PM

According to a Florida divorce court, anyhow. What I'd like to know is how he thought Cryptsy members wouldn't be ticked... http://www.coindesk.com/court-cryptsy-ceo-predicted-exchange-failure/

Yikes - Cryptsy funds diverted to purchase 1.4million property in Florida.  So what happens next?  Is there a class action lawsuit with Cryptsy members?

He also claimed that it would dissolve due to "economic conditions" - I am not understanding what he is talking about, isn't this just poor bookkeeping?
This was to happen. Weeks before disclosing that the digital currency exchange Cryptsy was insolvent, CEO Paul Vernon told a Florida divorce court in a financial affidavit that he expected the operator of the exchange to fail.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:34:26 PM

I have given up hope on any return of significant value from what was left in my Cryptsy account, but it would be nice to see a few former Cryptsy executives and employees wearing bright orange jumpsuits for the next 20-30 years.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:12:08 PM

I have given up hope on any return of significant value from what was left in my Cryptsy account, but it would be nice to see a few former Cryptsy executives and employees wearing bright orange jumpsuits for the next 20-30 years.

Will the jumpsuits be the same shade of bright orange that Sonny Vleisides of BFL won't be wearing or is there a for-real bright orange that I'm not versed in?
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:16:03 PM

According to a Florida divorce court, anyhow. What I'd like to know is how he thought Cryptsy members wouldn't be ticked... http://www.coindesk.com/court-cryptsy-ceo-predicted-exchange-failure/

Yikes - Cryptsy funds diverted to purchase 1.4million property in Florida.  So what happens next?  Is there a class action lawsuit with Cryptsy members?

He also claimed that it would dissolve due to "economic conditions" - I am not understanding what he is talking about, isn't this just poor bookkeeping?

What happens next is the lawsuit against Cryptsy has been updated to include the estranged wife of Paul Vernon. IMO this is good for Cryptsy customers, really bad for the wife.

Its stated in the divorce filings that the majority of marital assets were held in crypto currencies, which are essentially out of control of the divorce court because Vernon has fled to China. But because the wife was also a beneficiary of the 1.4 million dollar home purchased with customer funds, they believe she's liable. It means the lawsuit might be able to recoup some additional money, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It sure seems to me that Paul Vernon had been planning this for some time. Scumbag.

He'll only get what is coming to him, may take awhile but he'll be ruined.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:44:44 PM

Wow that is an incredible outcome what I read all here. His personal life isn't that great anymore after he got greedy and can't control his expenses.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:25:58 PM

What a selfish move by nettles and vernon. They used cryptsy's customers funds for their personal expenses. Vernon knew it was going to fail at some point but again didn't do anything to improve the situation. And now, after being too late to act upon the failure, they don't seem to give back people money  (wow, there's no words that describes them). KARMA will happen.

Speaking of KARMA, I want my karmacoins back! not to mention my thousands of sexcoins they stole (worth a couple bucks  Grin)
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:18:23 PM

Yes they have some bitcoins of mine too.  More than a couple of bucks.  I doubt I will ever see it again.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:48:52 PM

Will the jumpsuits be the same shade of bright orange that Sonny Vleisides of BFL won't be wearing or is there a for-real bright orange that I'm not versed in?

Don't be such a pessimist, a guy needs to have some kind of hope there is still a smidgen of justice left in the world.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:15:42 PM

What a selfish move by nettles and vernon. They used cryptsy's customers funds for their personal expenses. Vernon knew it was going to fail at some point but again didn't do anything to improve the situation. And now, after being too late to act upon the failure, they don't seem to give back people money  (wow, there's no words that describes them). KARMA will happen.

Speaking of KARMA, I want my karmacoins back! not to mention my thousands of sexcoins they stole (worth a couple bucks  Grin)

"I need to recuse myself from being present in this case because I, too, lost SexCoins on Cryptsy. I was one of the top ten holders of the coin but never spent any because I was unsure who exactly would accept them except for a Secret Service Agent, but I think we all know what happened with him."
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:08:56 AM

He'll only get what is coming to him, may take awhile but he'll be ruined.

I hope so, but unfortunately as long as he stays in China I'm not sure anything will happen to him. BTW I'm dropping a link to the Cryptsy Scam thread because a lot of this is being discussed there:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.0

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: