Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:04:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent Bitcoin With Electrum Not Sure Which Address  (Read 818 times)
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:29:39 AM

I recently upgraded from electrum 1.9.8 to 2.6.  When in electrum 1.9.8, i had tried to sent bitcoin but got error because i had to upgrade to new version of electrum to send bitcoin.  So i downloaded electrum 2.6.  I then sent bitcoin to a site.  My issue though is im not 100 percent sure if i sent the bitcoin to that correct address.  Before when i was using electrum 1.9.8, i was given the address to send it to but it doesn't go through b/c i needed to upgrade electrum.

I then had to send the bitcoin to a new bitcoin address after upgrading to electrum 2.6.  I then sent the bitcoin to that new btc address but now it shows unconfirmed.  Normally when i send btc to this site, btc shows up very fast.  I see it unconfirmed in my electrum 2.6.  Is there a way to know which btc address i sent my bitcoin to?  I see transaction id, inputs and outputs.

I do see the correct bitcoin address on the first line of outputs though which showed the exact amt of btc i sent to that address.  So that means i sent it to the right one correct?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 05:38:44 AM

I recently upgraded from electrum 1.9.8 to 2.6.  When in electrum 1.9.8, i had tried to sent bitcoin but got error because i had to upgrade to new version of electrum to send bitcoin.  So i downloaded electrum 2.6.  I then sent bitcoin to a site.  My issue though is im not 100 percent sure if i sent the bitcoin to that correct address.  Before when i was using electrum 1.9.8, i was given the address to send it to but it doesn't go through b/c i needed to upgrade electrum.

I then had to send the bitcoin to a new bitcoin address after upgrading to electrum 2.6.  I then sent the bitcoin to that new btc address but now it shows unconfirmed.  Normally when i send btc to this site, btc shows up very fast.  I see it unconfirmed in my electrum 2.6.  Is there a way to know which btc address i sent my bitcoin to?  I see transaction id, inputs and outputs.

I do see the correct bitcoin address on the first line of outputs though which showed the exact amt of btc i sent to that address.  So that means i sent it to the right one correct?

Just right click on the transaction in the "History" tab and select "View on block explorer", a window will open in your browser showing you the complete details of the Tx, from -> to, Fee etc. low fee could be the reason why the Tx still shows as unconfirmed.

Or do the same and this time select "Details" and it will show the Inputs and outputs, Inputs are the addresses from which the coins were sent from and outputs, where they went.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 09:42:21 AM

If you want, post the TX ID here so we can have a look at it. Maybe its just related to the fee. In your other thread you asked what a good fee was. That is currently a difficult question to answer, as it constantly changes. Sites like these[1] try to help.

[1] https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:51:26 AM

I do see the correct bitcoin address on the first line of outputs though which showed the exact amt of btc i sent to that address.  So that means i sent it to the right one correct?

Yes. Adjust the fees in the electrum preferences window so that transactions confirm faster in future.

You are a very high maintenance electrum user Smiley Do you have to create so many threads? Try figuring things out on your own for a change. Read the docs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: