Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:49:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LocalBitcoins Questions  (Read 437 times)
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:43:27 AM

I'm from the USA but out of the usa at the moment.  I"m from New York City.  I have read about localbitcoins and wanted to know do most people here have good things to say overall about localbitcoins?  Are there anyone here from New York City that buys or sells bitcoins with others and do so regularly on a consistent basis and can tell me how that usually works out?  Reason i ask this is b/c if im back in new york city, i wouldnt mind selling bitcoins to someone else on localbitcoins.

what is the usual meeting place in nyc?  I assume a starbucks?  The other thing is what is the most common form of payment then?  If its cash, do you then check every bill with a counterfeit pen at starbucks?  Then again other people will see you with this money etc in starbucks.  The other thing i read about was the seller would meet you in the bank then give you the cash then you deposit the cash into an atm or teller?  I assume this is probably the best idea since the cash you receive you deposit it immediately so if theres any counterfeit, then it would known right on the spot?  The other thing is i know people don't like to deposit cash in the bank.  So would a counterfeit pen be enough?  I read there are some very good counterfeits that even a pen might not pick up right?  But if the cash is deposited in the bank by you once you receive it from the buyer, then once deposited and no issue, that means your cash is 100 percent good right at the bank?  I use bank of america.  I rarely deposit cash and haven't done this in a long time so just wondering.  Also does anyone know any reputable bitcoin buyers in nyc?

The other thing is whats usually the minimum amount of money for meeting up for localbitcoins?  Also who usually pays the vig in these situations?  The thing is if you have say $5000 worth of bitcoins... would you usually get more or less cash or around the same?  Because i read lot of ppl sell bitcoin on localbitcoin because they actually get some vig on it... thus get higher rate than say coinbase etc.  Thanks.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:15:45 AM

Have you ever traded on LBC before ? You do know right,there are other way's to sell bitcoins instead of meeting up in personal ? Like IMPS or National Bank transfer ? No questions about meeting at star bucks should arise if you can wllingly sell your coins with someone who is doing fiat payments via paypal or online bank transfers .Though your bank might question you about the taxes if they suspect such huge amounts .In that case,personal meet ups are fine .
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:59:35 PM

Yeh I did buy some bitcoins through local bitcoins some Bitcoins.
I am not from the Usa but from The Netherlands, we did meet up irl tho.
In a Internet cafe where I could just transfer the money right in to his bankaccount.
And the guy could see I did it for real to, and that way I could also see he transferred the bitcoins to my address.

It was a good transaction, but I like your Idea of going to a bank to it is safe there.
But I don't know if it is a good idea to sell bitcoins in a bank Cheesy
Especially in America you would have to check before they arrest you Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: