Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:44:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to help the forum?  (Read 454 times)
ezeminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:04:52 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 09:32:52 PM by ezeminer

So after looking at escrow.ms problems I landed up here in the reputation subforum. I chose to explore and see what is going on.
Looks like a hellstorm going on between highly trusted, 0 trust, obvious scammers and more. From what I understand a lot of it is over digital goods section, gun sales and scamming accusations.

TL:DR We as a community need to work together,  police ourselves and act upon a baseline for calling out scams.

Digital Goods / Scamming accusations

Create a baseline or something that we can base things off of. This needs to include input from all people. Like if methods can't be proven to a trusted person, who will not disclose the method of obtaining things to others, then they can be marked with red trust. If they are proven, then a neutral trust should be added with honest feedback.

Gun Sales

I took a look on this one, checked around the ATF for the United States. The last sale of a gun I saw was by bitmarket.io and last I recall that thread also said that they would be shipped from one contract carrier, to another. Laws also varied state by state. But for the rest of the world, check your country.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-common-or-contract-carrier
May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition, prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm and requires obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a)(5), 922(e) and (f); 27 CFR 478.30 and 478.31]

Scamming accusations

This one looks like a hot topic too.

So here's my idea,
IF the seller refuses to provide pictures, refuses escrow through a reputable member or is breaking other forum rules. Mark it, reference any communications with said user and create a scam accusation thread.

(LBC looks to be a big one)
https://localbitcoins.com/terms_of_service
Accounts
A user can only act on his own behalf. No LocalBitcoins.com account can be used to act as an intermediary or broker. A user can only use his own trading accounts to trade at LocalBitcoins.com. A user account must not contain misleading information about the user, including, but not limited to having non-personal phone number or faking the country of origin. A user is not allowed to share his or hers account access with any other person or entity without prior approval from localbitcoins.com administrator. Sharing account access with any 3rd party might result your LocalBitcoins account(s) to be terminated.

Y'all can flame away or constructively criticize, whichever you think will do better for the community.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: