Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:00:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.25 Bitcoins To Sell  (Read 1112 times)
Intermediary (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:19:41 AM

Hello,

I have 0.25 BTC for Paypal.  Accepting current rate.  

You must be able to send as gift or covering the Paypal fee.  Trusted account holders only please.

Also accepting US bank deposit or UK bank deposit.

Thanks in advance.
Jstalk

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 09:32:42 AM

Use escrow or try localbitcoins or paxful...
Beware of scammers and ignore all the PMs from people who want to trade.

Intermediary (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:43:23 AM

Thanks!  I did try localbitcoins but one person I contacted gave his location as London but actually lived in the North of England.  Another with "good feedback" gave Whatsapp contact details only.  After a few exchanges where I was happy to meet him face to face for the exchange, he asked if we could continue it "tomorrow" which was two days ago.  Never heard from him again.  I guess silence is better than to be scammed. 

Having lost some bitcoins with the likes of MTGox and having a scary experience with Igot, I'm wary of sending my btc from the security of my machine.  Maybe I'll try a small transaction with localbitcoins.

Use escrow or try localbitcoins or paxful...
Beware of scammers and ignore all the PMs from people who want to trade.
zvlxxshd

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:39:42 AM

Let me know if you still need it, maybe I can help you to solve it. Smiley
bapparabi

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:13:42 AM

Do this still available ..if you provide at lower then the current price then we can buy it
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:36:16 PM

Find good escrow (Oganasty is good one).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=18321

Write down conditions and how much money you are expecting to get from this trade.
Do business only here without PMs. So later you can get some positive trust, which is good for further trades.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:20:15 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 03:50:17 PM by mixan

Can buy this 0.25 from you but not at current rate. If you can give me below preev then we can talk.
Pm me if you are interested to make something happen.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
CashCoins

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:24:47 PM

Hello

I am interested in buy your 0.25 by Paypal at Preev -5%

I know i am a newbie and it's hard for me to build a good reputation, but i am an honest guy.

I ask you to use escrow.

If interested, pm me

PS
I would buy it even via bank transfer if you can feel more safe
abhishek.g

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:25:45 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 10:33:29 PM by abhishek.g

How about virwox , have you tried it ? Any escrow Can't help in paypal to fiat/cryptocurrency transactions . So please try to understand, untill and unless a trusted guy comes back, please do not make any transaction.
Intermediary (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:07:56 PM

Thanks for your tips guys.  Just waiting to hear back from the member I did the exchange with.  It's been a few hours passed now ...
Intermediary (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:42:59 AM

Just to update members that I've been scammed by a hero member on here, esotericizm.

I went first, out of respect to his status as a hero member and even upped the amount of bitcoin to trade (0.40BTC for $200) .  But he said he wanted to wait for 3 confirmations, which took longer than the standard 30 minutes because I'd applied the minimum fee.  Then he said he had to go out and be gone for 3 hours.  On his return, he'd send the Paypal payment he said.  I returned and he was still shown as away.

I wanted to give him a chance to explain to me what was happening as I saw he had been active here in recent minutes (although his status is showing as offline here too)

Surprise, surprise, he has blocked my private messages. 

Lesson, don't even trust hero members, especially when they contact you by PM and suggest you take it to skype (because as a newbie, I had limits on my ability to send private messages.

https://blockchain.info/address/1KVShC3a84BjDGqPW8Ecne1QJ7qRgmfLPG

mixan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:30:25 AM

Jeez. That happens a lot here.
You could of dealt with me as I have done multiple paypal trades months ago and not a cashback conducted to any of them.
Check their feedback carefully before doing that again. And make sure that they are not owners of a bought account on here, that can pose as a hero> member. You can tell if their password has recently been changed.
I was look all morning for that amount of bitcoins, but needed it right away so could not wait that long for you to come back to respond. So I purchased them from a retailer even though they charged a service fee on top of the purchase price.

Intermediary (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:44:16 PM

I'm learning what to look for in a person's profile now when trading.  I'm not the only person that got scammed by that user yesterday.  There were at least 3 of us.

I still have bitcoins to sell.
sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:56:12 PM

I'm learning what to look for in a person's profile now when trading.  I'm not the only person that got scammed by that user yesterday.  There were at least 3 of us.

Do not go for user's ranking here or their a/c status.
Accounts can easily be bought & sold here.

Check for their past trading history.

Intermediary (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:34:45 PM

One learns all the time!

Do not go for user's ranking here or their a/c status.
Accounts can easily be bought & sold here.

Check for their past trading history.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:03:46 PM

Just to update members that I've been scammed by a hero member on here, esotericizm.

I went first, out of respect to his status as a hero member and even upped the amount of bitcoin to trade (0.40BTC for $200) .  But he said he wanted to wait for 3 confirmations, which took longer than the standard 30 minutes because I'd applied the minimum fee.  Then he said he had to go out and be gone for 3 hours.  On his return, he'd send the Paypal payment he said.  I returned and he was still shown as away.

I wanted to give him a chance to explain to me what was happening as I saw he had been active here in recent minutes (although his status is showing as offline here too)

Surprise, surprise, he has blocked my private messages.  

Lesson, don't even trust hero members, especially when they contact you by PM and suggest you take it to skype (because as a newbie, I had limits on my ability to send private messages.

https://blockchain.info/address/1KVShC3a84BjDGqPW8Ecne1QJ7qRgmfLPG

If you have a evidence for this story, you can call a Mexxer and Shorena to color his trust in red due to scamming.
But only if you have strong evidence , and this probably won't return your money back.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=181801
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=341982

Create scam accusation in that topic against esotericism.
And you will help to stop him in scamming somebody else.
nickaizoku

Activity: 308

❃ CyberNick ❃

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:10:44 PM

i suggest you make thread on scam accusation about the hero member that scam you,
well you need include proof for this, so far you just show btc address, i think that not enough for you to proof it..
maybe txid, and message screenshot would be better.

TomGC

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:01:23 PM

Do you still need it. I have some paypal
mixan
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:18:58 PM

Do you still need it. I have some paypal
He say he has lost the bitcoins he have available for an exchange. I will have sour to trae with anyone so soon either for that large amount.

Intermediary, I hope you can get your lost bitcoins back in some way.

Intermediary (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:21:56 PM

He's been investigated and I provided proof of our communications which he denied took place.  His account has now been marked.  He won't be ripping any one else off in a hurry.  Not with his "hero member" account which actually stands for nothing in trust terms.

i suggest you make thread on scam accusation about the hero member that scam you,
well you need include proof for this, so far you just show btc address, i think that not enough for you to proof it..
maybe txid, and message screenshot would be better.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: