Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EC]▲ Eclipse ▲ Ring Signatures | Anonymous | TOR | Stealth Addresses  (Read 29592 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:27:55 AM

bring it to some exchanges else will end up in the hands of 10 people who mine shart 256 and the coin will fail already?

Huh

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bank_sy

Activity: 450

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:33:49 AM

bring it to some exchanges else will end up in the hands of 10 people who mine shart 256 and the coin will fail already?

Huh

wow considering block rewards are not even that high, that is quite alot of hash power....

Network weight has gone up by almost double in the last few hours as well  Shocked Shocked
blacklizard

Activity: 139
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:42:47 AM

If one says that SDC is not anonymous then that person doesn't know how to bloody use it (right).
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 11:45:22 AM

https://ec.suprnova.cc 460 ths network hashrate 1 + phs

allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2319
Merit: 1288

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:23:23 PM

hth

logfile.txt

https://copy.com/IONneq2mTBKRUOVN

seems that one : g++: error: /usr/local/lib/libgmp.a: not found !

sudo apt-get install libgmp3-dev does not fix that

ii solved removing this line  https://github.com/EclipseCrypto/eclipse/blob/master/src/makefile.unix#L274
Lol, you really cannot just remove random lines from the code and tell people that you "solved a problem". It's like when I say, "I got it to compile. I went to https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin and cloned the source, copied all files in there, went back to the eclipse source, removed all files and pasted the files from my clipboard into that directory. Then, I was able to compile without errors."
Every line in the code has its purpose, and by deleting stuff, you just delay the problems to later.
You have to solve problems by setting up the dependencies. No way around that.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 12:30:02 PM

hth

logfile.txt

https://copy.com/IONneq2mTBKRUOVN

seems that one : g++: error: /usr/local/lib/libgmp.a: not found !

sudo apt-get install libgmp3-dev does not fix that

ii solved removing this line  https://github.com/EclipseCrypto/eclipse/blob/master/src/makefile.unix#L274
Lol, you really cannot just remove random lines from the code and tell people that you "solved a problem". It's like when I say, "I got it to compile. I went to https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin and cloned the source, copied all files in there, went back to the eclipse source, removed all files and pasted the files from my clipboard into that directory. Then, I was able to compile without errors."
Every line in the code has its purpose, and by deleting stuff, you just delay the problems to later.
You have to solve problems by setting up the dependencies. No way around that.

personally not studied the code i have no time,to me work fine I tried to help

stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:51:45 PM

Over the course of the next 3 weeks or so I'll be distributing a fairly significant bonus (equal .25% of the total supply) to all miners who use superninjapool.tk.

Bonuses will be sent out separately from mining payouts near the end of each week and will be distributed based on a workers accepted shares for EC mining.

Happy mining everyone!
Eclipse Crypto (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:16:47 PM

If one says that SDC is not anonymous then that person doesn't know how to bloody use it (right).

No SDC got bloody de-anoned 100%.

If you think you are using at anonymously, you are bloody mistaken.
Bank_sy

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:51:46 PM

No SDC got bloody de-anoned 100%.

If you think you are using at anonymously, you are bloody mistaken.

here is the link for SDC anonymity flaw

https://shnoe.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/de-anonymizing-shadowcash-and-oz-coin/
Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:00:18 PM

Why are you guys spamming the SDC thread and Slack?
Bank_sy

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:01:30 PM

I don't see any spamming in the thread... I posted the 'fix' to SDCs anonymity bug because it concerns SDC, does it not?
What I posted is very relevant to SDC. It's not like I was talking about rainbows and butterflies.
Eclipse Crypto (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:10:28 PM

I don't see any spamming in the thread... I posted the 'fix' to SDCs anonymity bug because it concerns SDC, does it not?
What I posted is very relevant to SDC. It's not like I was talking about rainbows and butterflies.

SDC looks to be converging on a reasonable fix, but not a recommended one.

Originally, they took the scalar hash then multiplied it by the private key and then used it for the scalar multiple of the group generator (two different types of "multiply" here but I didn't invent this convention). Math looks like

I = H(K_i)xG

That was the very wrong way.

Now they take an arbitrary point on the curve by hashing the time stamp, trying to map it to a point, then using that point as a generator. This takes advantage of the fact that all curve points on a prime field can be full generators. The new generator is G*

I = H(K_i)xG*

There is a relationship between G and G*, namely one is a multiple of the of the other:

G = aG*

But in this case G* is "unknown log", so G is protected by discrete log hardness.

In general, however, it is not good to try to use a generator to hash scalars to a curve. They already learned this lesson once.
Wheatclove

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:10:40 PM

You claim to post a fix, but your posts contain much more than the actual proposed fix. You're posting an advertisement for this coin that attacks SDC. Twice you've done this. It doesn't concern SDC.

The devs have implemented a fix on the testnet awhile ago and have been testing since.

I'd focus on your own coin if I were you.
Bank_sy

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:15:10 PM

You claim to post a fix, but your posts contain much more than the actual proposed fix. You're posting an advertisement for this coin that attacks SDC. Twice you've done this. It doesn't concern SDC.

The devs have implemented a fix on the testnet awhile ago and have been testing since.

My post was a very reasonable one and was not an attack on SDC in anyway.
It looks like my post was deleted, SDC thread has heavier censoring than I expected.... What are you guys so afraid of? I had interest in SDC before but it is quickly fading.
They may be testing a fix but if other ways to fix are present, they should be looking at those ways too (if they are competent devs).
This is not 'my' coin.. It is simply a coin that claims to have fixed the flaw in SDC so I have taken some interest in it.
Eclipse Crypto (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:15:18 PM

You sound to me like a scared SDC bagholder.  Did I hit the nail on the head??
Wheatclove

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:17:28 PM

I don't own any SDC. Your constructive, well-mannered criticisms are appreciated. Your other behavior is not.
Bank_sy

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:18:55 PM

He sounds exactly like that.
I posted the same concerns in XMR thread and managed to receive alot of input and we managed to have some productive discussions about it
I post in SDC and auto deleted and called spamming.
Eclipse Crypto (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:19:48 PM

He sounds exactly like that.
I posted the same concerns in XMR thread and managed to receive alot of input and we managed to have some productive discussions about it
I post in SDC and auto deleted and called spamming.

That's great to hear and we appreciate any constructive feedback, especially from those experienced in the XMR community.
Eclipse Crypto (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:46:25 PM

I don't own any SDC. Your constructive, well-mannered criticisms are appreciated. Your other behavior is not.

We can tell by your avatar that you don't own any SDC.
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:22:58 PM

Over the course of the next 3 weeks or so I'll be distributing a fairly significant bonus (equal .25% of the total supply) to all miners who use superninjapool.tk.

Bonuses will be sent out separately from mining payouts near the end of each week and will be distributed based on a workers accepted shares for EC mining.

Happy mining everyone!

Nice, this is awesome.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: