Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:11:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm trying to create a 100% Bitcoin powered music career. Any tips?  (Read 1068 times)
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 07:24:59 PM

Well I think the best option that would have the highest chance is using YouTube. Do vlogs (daily/weekly) and show how talented you are and surely the user base keeps on growing as long as what you provide is quality. Then after some times start putting 10 or 20 seconds of each of your original tracks and at the same time put some links to either your website or 3rd party website in which they get to pay you BTCitcoin in exchange for the Album itself. It will take some time to get there, but surely will be worth every hard work.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:31:24 PM

1) Begging for Bitcoin on this forum is considered rude.
2) Make Bitcoin part of your marketing strategy. Better yet, make it about having an edgy, innovative way to take payments for edgy, innovative music. Whatever phrasing works for best effect.
3) Have a Youtube channel. Accept Bitcoin tips. (Changetip is useful here because people can tip you the price of a cookie or a beer, but be sure to withdraw or use your earnings on a regular basis.)
4) Have a blog/website where listeners can find out more about you, download your music and maybe find out where you're going to be performing in the near future. There's some Wordpress plugins that enable a blogstore that accepts Bitcoin and altcoins.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:35:51 PM

I am an artist myself actually and plan to release my work once the crypto industry matures some more as well. My advice is just to focus on being a good artist. As an MC, you have to develop your self. Become a person that people want to listen to, you need to have a message, beyond the message you need to have heart and passion. Find what inspires you, discover your artistic process. Do not understatement the effort required to be a great MC. You have to devote yourself to it, for life, you have to live Hiphop, be Hiphop. Practice just like learning an instrument, you have to practice for many years to be good and gain skill while at the same time having the heart, message and inspiration.

Develop yourself as an artist first instead of trying to live off your art straight away, that can have the tendency to corrupt the art, in other words, find other sources of income, while still allowing yourself the time to develop yourself.

Study music, learn what real music is, the history of music, many genres. Be real, express yourself.

I have sent you a PM anyway, I can reveal more about myself in private that way. It was nice sharing this message with everyone though. Smiley
MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:53:05 PM

I think that it is too early for anyone to start a Bitcoin powered anything. Bitcoin is just not used enough.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
khalized

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:55:44 PM

what type of music you play?
maybe send a demo or a cover of something.... it could be more easier share a tips!
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:57:46 PM

If you have a promising career in music, then you should take Bitcoin, and visa, master and American Express, also euro, usd and yen. No need limited yourself to one. Best wishes to u, music is a hard career.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:20:52 PM

What's the point of restricting yourself to Bitcoin? You'd be denying yourself well over 99% of potential buyers.

Video games, shows, films, ads. They all need music and they're likely to pay a shit ton more than the dirty public too. Don't discount those avenues.
arcticlava

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:30:15 AM

Market yourself to the Vimeo crowd. High end Video production - needs good soundscapes.
Also find a sub reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/wiki/musicsubreddits
And take other currencies. Even other alt coins maybe
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:31:32 PM

The only thing you should take care of is to make great music. Success will come if you have talent. Now, I would suggest to forget the whole idea of selling songs. Everybody in the cryptocurrency world is good with computers. We all know how to download music (and movies) for free, and we do. You only need a very basic website, you may not even need one. Being all social networks may be enough. Upload videos of all your performances on Youtube, and add at the end that you'll do concert for BTC.
Many musicians don’t make it because they underestimate and ignore these requirements. They fall victim to only caring about the music — a musicians’ lack of business savvy ends up being their downfall. At the end of the day, even the most talented and virtuosic musician will never be able to make money in a poorly managed music career.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:56:39 AM

The only thing you should take care of is to make great music. Success will come if you have talent. Now, I would suggest to forget the whole idea of selling songs. Everybody in the cryptocurrency world is good with computers. We all know how to download music (and movies) for free, and we do. You only need a very basic website, you may not even need one. Being all social networks may be enough. Upload videos of all your performances on Youtube, and add at the end that you'll do concert for BTC.
Many musicians don’t make it because they underestimate and ignore these requirements. They fall victim to only caring about the music — a musicians’ lack of business savvy ends up being their downfall. At the end of the day, even the most talented and virtuosic musician will never be able to make money in a poorly managed music career.

That's true.. there are musicians who are over payed in each concert because they do it as business,
but there are still musicians who just want to express themselves without earning big amount, just an appreciation is enough, or a donation, in real life, there are good musicians who are doing their videos just to appreciate their music and they fund it  from their own pocket and keep it or if someone wants a copy of it they give it either free or its up to you if you would treat them, and I think the very good example of musicians who really have great talents are those who are busking and just accepting whatever we could...

Nowadays, putting music in the internet would not really profit a musician, piracy kills their business..
bitcerto (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:25:55 AM

Every reply on this post has been incredibly helpful. You're right, I shouldn't restrict myself to bitcoin and I am getting ahead of myself. Since I posted this, I've refocused on the music itself and that's where I'll stay for a while.

Also, I didn't intend to beg for bitcoin with this post. My apologies for any offense. I'll be more careful.

My new goal: To represent bitcoin throughout my music career.

Time to change my forum signature!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: