Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:45:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is there any simple bitcoin API need no server plugins?  (Read 604 times)
donaldbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

TomyGame.com => Win Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 02:19:38 PM

Hello

is there any simple API can be used without installing plugins on my server?

i see blocktrail and blockchain v2 are asking for some plugins/ addons to be installed on site server before using their api.

is there any other simple api networks need no server requirements?

Thanks for your time!
Regards

▓▓▓ ➤ Top Paying Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓▓▓▓ Best Bitcoin Scripts for Website Owners ▓▓▓
Goins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:48:38 AM

A long time ago, before I used Blockchain API, I used Coinbase. When using their API you can decide whether to receive Bitcoins or get paid in your currency. But they ask for too much information, I prefer being anonymous. Hence I switched to Blockchain but ever since they invented v2 where you have to apply and they require you to install shit on your server. I'm not aware of another free API but even if there is one it probably won't be as trustworthy as Blockchain is. That's why I'm currently developing my own API and I suggest you to do so too. It will also require me to have an application running on a VPS or dedicated server but at least I can trust it.
I could give you access to my API as soon as I'm done, you could then use it like the Blockchain API without any server requirements. I'm not sure though when I'm done with it and also it requires you to trust me because theoretically I can steal all your bitcoins.
TheGrimm

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:31:27 AM

I think https://gourl.io/ might be the easiest API to work with (I never used them so like any bitcoin site, please check reviews), but I am wondering why you do not want to use plugins?

Most wallets have more steps now to protect developers (from Man in the middle attacks, etcc.)which is why it looks insane how much work is needed for a bitcoin payment API

AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 02:48:05 AM

One of the most effective ways to prevent MITM is DNSSEC but outside the government, almost no one uses it.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
donaldbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

TomyGame.com => Win Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 10:02:53 AM

thanks everyone for your support.

i'm going to use blocktrail because i already lost ~1 btc from blocchain new wallet (beta wallet) because of their technical problem (now they're reviewing it).
i was fan of blockchain but after they did upgrades and forced to use their upgrades many problems happened at my side so i'm not going to use blockchain any more.

i will go with your suggestions and install blocktrail plugins on my server.

Thanks for your replies.

▓▓▓ ➤ Top Paying Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓▓▓▓ Best Bitcoin Scripts for Website Owners ▓▓▓
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:29:57 PM

Hello

i see blocktrail and blockchain v2 are asking for some plugins/ addons to be installed on site server before using their api.

Thanks for your time!
Regards

You can use them without plugins with PHP.

Use CURL or file_get_contents.

Once again though, I need to pimp blockcypher, much faster than blockchain
Goins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:50:37 PM

Hello

Thanks for your time!
Regards

You can use them without plugins with PHP.

Use CURL or file_get_contents.

Once again though, I need to pimp blockcypher, much faster than blockchain
You can still use v1 but it's not documented anymore on their site and it's also not supported anymore. Who knows, maybe one day they just power it off and if you're currently running a project it can take you a while to implement a new system which means you risk a longer downtime. Their v2 API requires you to install their stuff if I'm not mistaken.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: