Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:49:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH desktop wallet  (Read 1289 times)
slebo (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:16:04 PM

Hi guys,

Im currently out of luck trying to find a desktopwallet for my eth. Currently i have tried with Etherwall and homebrew, but without i couldnt get it to work, once the blockchain was synchronized i tried to send some Eth, but they never arrived. Which is why im asking you to post wich wallet you would recommend, and why :-)

Best Regards
//Slebo
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:21:37 PM

The mist one works perfectly for me: https://github.com/ethereum/mist/releases/

Not your keys, not your coins!
bobbba

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:11:36 PM

i second that. I just downloaded the Mist wallet today and it is working with just one complication on the install. You may have to sync your desktop time for it to successfully find and load the peers.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:22:06 PM

i second that. I just downloaded the Mist wallet today and it is working with just one complication on the install. You may have to sync your desktop time for it to successfully find and load the peers.
I think you need more one week until sync. And that is my problem too. My wallet of ETH is still synchroning it is make me bored
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 06:31:35 PM

I think you need more one week until sync. And that is my problem too. My wallet of ETH is still synchroning it is make me bored

Mine took 3 hours.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:43:40 PM

Mine took 3 hours.

The next step would be for ETH to create a lite wallet like Electrum for btc that doesn't have to sync for a million hours before you can use it.
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:55:26 PM

Try this http://www.jaxx.io/
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:05:56 AM

Here's another way:

Run the following from your geth folder:  geth --fast

This will update your local blockchain quickly (5 - 10 hours).

Once updated, run Mist.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:23:06 AM

I have tried jaxx on my desktop windows and that was very fast but there was not privkey for wallet Ethereum. Where is it? I am still confuse. And on website of jaxx.io is not explaining. Can you give us more informations? Thank you very much.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:31:40 PM

I need to give Mist a try, too much of my Eth is starting to pile on the exchange. What is the current space requirements for the blockchain download?
arcticlava

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:14:54 PM

Somebody start a website called Ethchain.info

please
CCV.IO

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:20:30 PM

Hi guys,

Im currently out of luck trying to find a desktopwallet for my eth. Currently i have tried with Etherwall and homebrew, but without i couldnt get it to work, once the blockchain was synchronized i tried to send some Eth, but they never arrived. Which is why im asking you to post wich wallet you would recommend, and why :-)

Best Regards
//Slebo

http://jaxx.io is pretty safe & simple to use  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: