Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:40:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ne to Bitcoin, and Highly EXCITED!  (Read 685 times)
ML (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 08:33:05 AM

Hey guys, I'm from the SE US. I have been invetigating, and I am HIGHLY excited about BT! I want to amass enough Bitcoins before the price inevitably spikes, and can't want to participate in selling some spare goods I have here (in addition to buying from the GoX, before prices spike.) Can't wait to get the rep to get involved! I've already started telling my family about it all.

I've been lurking for 18 months, and now want to dive in headfirst, now this ASIC business is going to surely shoot the prices up. I want to amass some before that happens!
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
McGoering

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:25:37 PM

Good to meet you. One thing I am trying to do in the UK is expand the use of BTC for high end services (I offer a small charter flight service to selected Golf Courses in Scotland and Ireland).

Where in the SE US do you live? I've heard they can be close minded on things like BTC. 
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:53:30 PM

Hi and welcome! Remember that bitcoin is still a high risk investment, their price can very well drop instead of increasing.

constitution

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:02:03 PM

Just missed it, prices have shot up pretty high from 13$ a few days ago.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:04:18 PM

Welcome fellow peer! I'm excited also.  Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ML (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:42:59 PM

I live in Alabama. I'm not in the mindset to proselytize, so I don't know how accepting the locals will be. Good to meet you all, and yes, I know this is all high-risk.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:44:34 PM

I live in Alabama. I'm not in the mindset to proselytize, so I don't know how accepting the locals will be. Good to meet you all, and yes, I know this is all high-risk.

no risk no reward aye

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
ML (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 01:06:54 AM

no risk no reward aye

Aye indeed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: