Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:10:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Build your own trading bot(s) using TradingView for FREE  (Read 10581 times)
AutoView (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 10:50:20 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 09:19:35 PM by AutoView

AutoView
Free Chrome Extension
Place Live Trades Using TradingView Alerts

Have you ever wished you could build your own trade bot?
Have you ever dreamed of being able to back test and automate your own trading strategy?

Now you can, and it's both easy and FREE.

Using AutoView and TradingView together you can build, back test and automate anything from a single trade to a full blown 24/7 trading strategy.
This is so easy anyone can do it. All you have to do is create alerts on TradingView as you normally would. Only difference now is that you'll give the extension commands using the alert message box.

Here's an example:

Initial/Basic Setup Tutorial with Example Strategy and Study:

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpA1C5DJqhw

Backtest your strategy as you build and fine tune it

Here are some more strategy templates and examples:

This is P2-V2 a BTC futures strategy on the 2h candles designed for quarterly contracts.
https://www.tradingview.com/script/ec7Z0XWA-P2-V2-BTC-Strategy/
_______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________

This is another 2HR BTC futures strategy designed for quarterly contracts.
https://www.tradingview.com/script/8PHoLRSL-Squeeze-Momentum-Strategy-BTC-ready-for-automation/
_______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________

This is a cut and paste moving average cross strategy on crude oil.
https://www.tradingview.com/script/AssaJmAa-AutoView-MovingAvg-Cross-Video-Attached/

This strategy uses Heiken Ashi Candles from a higher timeframe.
https://www.tradingview.com/script/wEZWjpGY-AutoView-Automate-it-Heiken-Ashi-No-pyramiding-or-repainting/

This script contains 2 things people have been asking for, multiple time frames and of course, a trailing stop that can be both back tested and set up for alerts.
https://www.tradingview.com/script/gONtbXRo-AutoView-Trailing-Stop-Back-Testing-and-alerts-TP-and-TS/

There are constantly new strategies and indicators being added to TradingView on a daily basis. View them all here:
https://www.tradingview.com/script/

Additonal Features:

Export Back Test data...
Once the extension is installed, the TradingView strategy tester will have a new button called "export" beside the performance summary. Clicking this will copy the performance summary, overview and list of trades to your clipboard. You can then use a Google Sheet to paste into and begin tracking all trades by combining a forward test with a lengthier back test. There is a template Google Sheet that will do all the profit factor and overview calculations for you here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h1HNaIKYUM1D2TYu-op1BjGgGhjACTjL3Jz1DS9bv1E/edit
There is also a video on how to use this here :
https://youtu.be/ -EcBEXeaHl4

All trading strategies are either examples, or to share code for furthering your own personal strategy. We strongly recommend monitoring and testing any strategy before trading live.

edit / addition:
The extensions code has been reviewed by a few people, you can read one post about it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1353698.msg13830200#msg13830200

AutoView - Chrome Extension for TradingView Bots

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AutoView (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 11:05:41 PM

reserved

3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:12:24 PM

Ahh...

Cool! Good idea. Should get some more attention now. I'll post a screenshot of my latest indicator I'm working on. Need to tweak one thing out first.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:49:06 PM

Very good methode. I think anyone with medium level computer knowledge can make own bot for trading for free.  Wink
3r197

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:16:56 PM

Going to try this one out this afternoon.
Half of the orders accounted for are position closes. So in reality there are only around 750 entry orders.
Might seem high to some of you but my goal is to scalp and hopefully beat the dealer.
Based off 100K equity at 100% per trade.

http://imgur.com/uWL10xM
AutoView (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 12:59:16 AM

Very good methode. I think anyone with medium level computer knowledge can make own bot for trading for free.  Wink

Thank you Smiley We will agree with you on the medium computer knowledge level; for now. Tongue
TradingView does offer a bunch of built in and public strategies that are ready to go, just create your alerts and plug the extension in.

AutoView (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 01:01:45 AM

Going to try this one out this afternoon.
Half of the orders accounted for are position closes. So in reality there are only around 750 entry orders.
Might seem high to some of you but my goal is to scalp and hopefully beat the dealer.
Based off 100K equity at 100% per trade.

That is an interesting looking back test for sure. A nice steady incline if it all works out for you.

As for the closes on opens in the strategy tester, you can eliminate that and get accurate backtest numbers by simply adding "and long == 0" to your short close variable or "and short == 0" to your long close variable. This will prevent the strategy tester from closing at the same time it opens the opposite order avoiding the double order count.

3r197

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:27:50 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 02:11:37 AM by 3r197

Thanks! I didn't think about that. That will help me with my indicators that void with 2000 order limit on tradingview. As a scalper I run into that frequently.
I'll try it out!
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:40:46 AM

Wow... Amazing thank you very much for your informations, if i have much time i will try it.
AutoView (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 03:27:18 PM

Thanks! I didn't think about that. That will help me with my indicators that void with 2000 order limit on tradingview. As a scalper I run into that frequently.
I'll try it out!
I hope that when going back on some of the 2,000 order limit strategies end up being your hidden holy grail Smiley
Good Luck!

Wow... Amazing thank you very much for your informations, if i have much time i will try it.

You'll find the time Wink

Let us know if you have any questions.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:50:32 PM

Thanks for sharing this information with us. I have done some trades already without trading bot and hope to learn something so I can start using an bot like this.
AutoView (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:59:45 AM

Thanks for sharing this information with us. I have done some trades already without trading bot and hope to learn something so I can start using an bot like this.

We also hope you can learn something here Smiley

If you have any questions or would like to be pointed in the right direction, let us know.

Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2156
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:31:06 AM

tradingview? is it not a chart tool??   Huh  but also trading bot tool?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AutoView (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 06:03:54 AM

tradingview? is it not a chart tool??   Huh  but also trading bot tool?

It is a charting tool. But using our extension, you can use the alerts on TradingView to place your trades live.
Combine this with Tradingviews' custom scripting ability and strategy tester for back testing, and you've got yourself a bot building machine.

opmac

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:32:47 PM

Does anyone have a update for this?
Were you able to get a bot/strategy  running?

zaph3t

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 05:06:16 PM

This is Totally nice. A Firefox Extension will be also great.  Smiley

AutoView (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 06:39:35 PM

What kind of an update are you looking for?
Lots of people are successfully running strategies using this.

Consider it added to the list for updates.

opmac

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:59:35 PM

Just wanted to hear if people were having success with it. Maybe also post some results.
Would be interesting to see!

I am not super tech savvy so I will need to work on this

Thanks for the thread

AutoView (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 10:29:41 PM

Just wanted to hear if people were having success with it. Maybe also post some results.
Would be interesting to see!

I am not super tech savvy so I will need to work on this

Thanks for the thread

Right right makes sense. We'd be curious to see some specific users results as well. We know lots are using it due to statistics. But we have no idea who is really running what and how they're making out.

You don't need to be too tech savvy for this. For the most part, if you find a strategy on TradingView you'd like set up, you can always let us know and we will both create the necessary alert scripts and help you set the alerts up correctly.

Or join our slack group and there's quite a few people in there capable of helping you out.
http://slack.crypto.pink/

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 07:44:15 PM

AutoView, please provide the proper syntax for the 1broker BTCUSD market. I am trying to use:

Code:
Long 
e=1broker s=btcusd c=position b=long q=0.10 l=5 t=market tp=10 sl=5

Short
e=1broker s=btcusd c=position b=short q=0.10 l=5 t=market tp=10 sl=5

Nothing happens in the extension. I am viewing console and nothing is showing up when an alert fires.

I want the current position in the market to close, and the new position open upon each alert.

Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: