Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:51:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Litecoin in 20 years  (Read 4897 times)
BitAurum

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:13:22 PM

I think bitcoin will survive in long run but not sure about litecoin whether it will exist after 20 years or not as the user base of litecoin is very small in compare to bitcoin.

Actually, there are many litecoin holders, its just that they are not supporters. They bought into ltc, and are holding but supporting the more popular coins they hold.
I used to hold litecoin and be a supporter but was forced to stop holding it due to lack of development.

That's you, but there are still a lot of holders, mostly Chinese I think.
It's possible they know something we don't.
How do you know that most of the current litecoin holders are Chinese?

Maybe they are holding for the long-term.
haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:29:50 PM

I think bitcoin will survive in long run but not sure about litecoin whether it will exist after 20 years or not as the user base of litecoin is very small in compare to bitcoin.

Actually, there are many litecoin holders, its just that they are not supporters. They bought into ltc, and are holding but supporting the more popular coins they hold.
I used to hold litecoin and be a supporter but was forced to stop holding it due to lack of development.

If majority of the litecoin holders are chinese then they are planning something big.
Well who knows what they are up to.
BitAurum

Activity: 318

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:40:35 PM

If majority of the litecoin holders are chinese then they are planning something big.
Is there any evidence to prove that the Chinese are holding most of the litecoins in existence?
bankingbtc

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 06:49:28 PM

Bitcoin will become the "gold" of the internet while Litecoin will become the "silver." With Bitcoin trading above $3000.

Sad part, there will be a lot of unclaimed Bitcoin by that time.

Just my thoughts.

Well of course that bitcoin and lite coin will be very popular in future, but i don't think that stores will accept litecoin, they will bitcoin only so it will be more popular, and price yes, might be around 3000$
MaxTax

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:06:06 PM

Bitcoin will become the "gold" of the internet while Litecoin will become the "silver." With Bitcoin trading above $3000.

Just my thoughts.

Well of course that bitcoin and lite coin will be very popular in future, but i don't think that stores will accept litecoin, they will bitcoin only so it will be more popular, and price yes, might be around 3000$

I don't see any future for litecoin. The coin is just a clone with nothing new when you look to it's features.
Bitcoin however could be the real deal, since it's has many supports; both merchants as users.
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:02:52 AM

Just my thoughts.

well i don't really think that litecoin will be alive after 20 years, since bitcoin will be more and more popular each year, because of News, of China and  of course people because they buy/sell bitcoin so more and more people will be interested in bitcoin
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:09:49 AM

i like this comparison and bitcoin is indeed as gold among all the cryptocurrencies.
also litecoin has been keeping up so far with the market cap for a very long time. but sadly i don't see any interesting thing about litecoin, and it seems to me like it is abandoned somehow.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
ezview

Activity: 242

Country music is where my heart is.

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:57:43 AM

Just my thoughts.

well i don't really think that litecoin will be alive after 20 years, since bitcoin will be more and more popular each year, because of News, of China and  of course people because they buy/sell bitcoin so more and more people will be interested in bitcoin

That's right. the more people hear about bitcoin the less they will hear about litecoin.
I think its time to start unloading the ltc bags.

---Hip-Hop and Rock is where my guns at---
kartel616

Activity: 160

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:00:53 AM

Just my thoughts.

In future, Litecoin will be replaced Bitcoin bro, thats my prediction

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:18:45 AM

Just my thoughts.

Replaced is most likely out of reach, but it will very likely grow a lot in the future when it is being used together with bitcoin for different types of transactions.

If the dev teams manage to figure out a way to make the chains work together (sort of sidechain), there is the added benefit of speed and scalability, together with a highly secure and decentralized network.

In 20 years (very long time..), I see bitcoin around 10-20k each and litecoin easiliy around 200-500 each.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:07:42 AM

Just my thoughts.

Replaced is most likely out of reach, but it will very likely grow a lot in the future when it is being used together with bitcoin for different types of transactions.

If the dev teams manage to figure out a way to make the chains work together (sort of sidechain), there is the added benefit of speed and scalability, together with a highly secure and decentralized network.

In 20 years (very long time..), I see bitcoin around 10-20k each and litecoin easiliy around 200-500 each.
I don't see the reason for Litecoin to exist in the next couple of year. Its only innovation is that it has more coins than Bitcoin. If it stays like that, Litecoin will be soon replaced by more innovative coins that we have plenty around.

this space is intentionally left blank
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:00:37 AM

Just my thoughts.

I don't see the reason for Litecoin to exist in the next couple of year. Its only innovation is that it has more coins than Bitcoin. If it stays like that, Litecoin will be soon replaced by more innovative coins that we have plenty around.

Litecoin is considered to be "Silver" and Bitcoin "Gold" by some people. And it makes sense as Litecoin functions as backup coin for Bitcoin. Beside that, if BTC-E delist Litecoin for whatever reason (I don't think it will happen) then 50%-75% of its value will vanish. It depends too much on just a single exchange.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:49:38 AM

Litecoin is considered to be "Silver" and Bitcoin "Gold" by some people. And it makes sense as Litecoin functions as backup coin for Bitcoin. Beside that, if BTC-E delist Litecoin for whatever reason (I don't think it will happen) then 50%-75% of its value will vanish. It depends too much on just a single exchange.
Being dependent on one exchange is one of the worst things you can get. What happens if that exchange goes out of business for whatever reason?
I know that historically Litecoin is the second most important coin. My point however is that the network effect in case of Litecoin is much weaker than in case of Bitcoin, and the only 'innovation' is biggernumber of coins than Bitcoin. That is, in my opinion, too little to guarantee surviving the next 20 years.

this space is intentionally left blank
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:03:22 AM

Just my thoughts.

litecoin is not considered silver anymore probably ethereum it's taking its place now,litecoin will end up in the same way as doge, forgotten slowly
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:21:37 AM

I think that half of the currently circulating litecoins are in the hands of Chinese investors and pools.

Do you remember the pump before the litecoin block halving?

That was probably the last big pump for litecoin before it slowly start to lose popularity and value.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 06:18:47 PM

Just my thoughts.

i think that litecoin will be really popular, but not as popular as bitcoin, bitcoin will be main alternative currency now and i don't think that stores will accept litecoin, they will accept bitcoin only and price of bitcoin will be pretty high too

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 08:30:06 PM

Just my thoughts.

i think that litecoin will be really popular, but not as popular as bitcoin, bitcoin will be main alternative currency now and i don't think that stores will accept litecoin, they will accept bitcoin only and price of bitcoin will be pretty high too

Litecoin was very popular back in 2013 because it was getting pumped quite frequently. Nowadays Litecoin is only one of the many altcoins that we have. Nothing special about it and it will never get it popularity back.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:44:42 AM

Just my thoughts.

Litecoin was very popular back in 2013 because it was getting pumped quite frequently. Nowadays Litecoin is only one of the many altcoins that we have. Nothing special about it and it will never get it popularity back.

if you are looking for pumps only, litecoin is being pumped from time to time but since it is older the space between the pumps are bigger (longer accumulation phase).
i think the only reason why litecoin has stayed alive is because it was the second crypto (major one) that is created after bitcoin and is very similar.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:54:39 PM

People investing in bitcoin and this is probably very good investment, but many don't consider to invest in LTC which is mistake if you asking me. LTC will surprise us all, call it what you like (final pump,pump before death..) But this is certainly we will see much higher price of LTC then today!
20 years is very long time period, don't bother with it. We only can talk about months and one or two years.
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:45:00 PM

Just my thoughts.

oh yes, bitcoin will be gold of all cryptos because it will be even more popular than now, also litecoins will be more popular too but not so popular as bitcoin, stores accepts bitcoin now only not litecoin, same will be in future too
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: