Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:32:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DASH scam exposed at the Satoshi Roundtable retreat!  (Read 7841 times)
TechorMarketing (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:52:12 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 12:45:54 AM by TechorMarketing

DASH appears to be in big trouble and has close to zero support from the technically competent participants of the Satoshi Roundtable retreat. Education is the best way to prevent more people from being hurt by DASH.

Evan the charlatan exposed:
https://youtu.be/PKd7F-10lxM?t=1522
https://youtu.be/PKd7F-10lxM?t=6519

Fluffypony speaks the truth.  Evan is welcome to be interviewed by Bitcoin Uncensored to address these concerns and answer some technical questions. Bitcoin Uncensored asked fluffypony difficult question about Monero on both this and on a previous episode of their show. fluffypony did not run from the truth. He answered some difficult questions:
https://soundcloud.com/bitcoinuncensored/e20-christmas-poo-122215#t=59:46

Something tells me that Evan will not be interested in being interviewed by someone who will ask difficult questions. Lets see if Evan proves me wrong and makes his community proud.

Evan do you have the courage to be interviewed this weekend? The answer to this question will have a large impact on the credibility (or lack thereof) of the DASH project.

Micheal Terpin is the PR guy that DASH hired.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/company-memo-we-just-fired-michael-terpin.7940/

Feel free to share your opinion about the legitimacy of DASH privacy claims and its future by voting here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1369389.msg13944409#msg13944409
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:29:49 AM

I'd prefer a slightly more mature angle, but fluffypony did bring up some important points: this is not a game of just money - if Dash succeeds it could genuinely cost people their lives.  

To you and me, it's a game we play with our bank accounts.  To the dissident in Saudi Arabia or North Korea it is their lives (and their family's lives).  There is no room for error and that is why Monero and Aeon are dead serious with respects to technology.  No fruity PoS, staking, master-node, compensation scheme fluff.   I feel for the people who are stuck in Dash; I would not want to be them, which is why I have done constant due diligence since 2013 with regards to crypto.  Dash supporters are on a sinking ship with a limited number of life boats, which scale downward in luxury.  

The only question is, who will defect first?

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
TechorMarketing (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:45:48 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2016, 10:05:14 AM by TechorMarketing

Our friends are now saying DASH is going to kill people?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1379833.0

Apparently has issues with DASH marketing.....make what you will of what he said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKd7F-10lxM&feature=youtu.be&t=1522

EDIT: oh, apparently the arrogant guy slurring on the video is fluffy.

fluffypony was not spreading FUD. He speaks the truth.  Evan is welcome to be interviewed by Bitcoin Uncensored to address these concerns and answer some technical questions. Bitcoin Uncensored asked fluffypony difficult question about Monero on both this and on a previous episode of their show. fluffypony did not run from the truth. He answered some difficult questions:
https://soundcloud.com/bitcoinuncensored/e20-christmas-poo-122215#t=59:46

Something tells me that Evan will not be interested in being interviewed by someone who will ask difficult questions. Lets see if Evan proves me wrong and makes his community proud.

Evan do you have the courage to be interviewed this weekend?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 10:04:12 AM

Our friends are now saying DASH is going to kill people?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1379833.0

Apparently has issues with DASH marketing.....make what you will of what he said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKd7F-10lxM&feature=youtu.be&t=1522

EDIT: oh, apparently the arrogant guy slurring on the video is fluffy.

fluffypony was not spreading FUD. He speaks the truth.  Evan is welcome to be interviewed by Bitcoin Uncensored to address these concerns and answer some technical questions.

Evan do you have the courage to be interviewed this weekend?

Ceti's always been contextually challenged. In the context of someone believing Dash's claims of anonymity, using it, and then having their ID revealed to an authoritarian government, yes they very well could be killed. Ceti's a moron if he thinks Ric said that using Dash in and of itself will kill you--though my guess is he is trying to spin it however he can, even if it makes himself look like a fool.

americanpegasus

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:33:39 AM

You know, since this topic already exists I'll just post it here:  When a major bug was found in the SDC implementation, the Monero community opened their arms and doors to any from the Shadowcash camp that chose to come join us.  Math is not an opinion, and we are not here to compete for ego size.  Our ultimate goal is to unite the efforts of everyone under a solitary banner.

No former Dash supporters will be mocked or ridiculed when the time comes for them to switch over.  This is not some one-chance choice.  They got involved with Dash because they thought it was private digital cash.  Some may have been mislead, but there is a lot of talent in the Dash universe.  The Cryptonote universe, especially the Monero community welcomes these individuals whole-heartedly. 

We are an honest and fair currency that aims to achieve what once was though to be impossible: truly private decentralized digital money.  I know the topic title here might ruffle some feathers, and I apologize on behalf of some of our eager colleagues.  But I think if you will stop thinking of us as competition, the choice will become quite clear:  There will come a time when every single Dash supporter has to defect to Monero, and those who do so soonest stand to benefit the most.  Fortunately the price has been held down significantly in the past 6 months... so consider this an early Christmas gift:  Monero now is under $1 USD and we welcome all talents and new members into the community. 

If you were a former Dash supporter, you are that no longer.  You are one of us, entrenched in the Monero camp and smiling at the grand future that awaits.  You'll look back on this moment in the 2020's and thank yourself. 

Welcome to our family.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:41:33 AM

BitShares

Wouldn't be bitcointalk if someone didn't show up to pump their favorite off topic coin.
americanpegasus

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:47:02 AM

BitShares

Wouldn't be bitcointalk if someone didn't show up to pump their favorite off topic coin.

Smooth, you are a dirty and known troll.  Everyone knows that only Monero and AmericanPegasusCoin have truly solved the problem of privacy and fungilbility.  Out of all the cryptos, it is just these two currencies that you can own without anyone knowing, and can transact with complete confidentiality. 

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:48:27 AM

AmericanPegasusCoin

When is the ICO?!

monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:01:03 AM

So I would sincerely hope that the Monero and BitShares communities would not gloat about being the peer reviewed best non-vaporware privacy solution, because, I hate to break this to you, but this is serious, because people are indeed putting their lives on the line, so please don't give people false confidence in mixers because you could get people ended.

In bitshares the sender is revealed to the recipient. So if your private keys get seized, they can see everyone who sent you money.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 11:09:24 AM

Sorry fellas, but no matter how many threads you guys start, no matter how many videos you produce, no matter how many insults and conjecture you spin, Dash is not going away.

Has anyone de-anonymized an eight-round Darksend transaction yet? That's what I thought.

People who trust Dash will be just fine.

Buffoons with delusions of grandeur just make for a sideshow on Dash's way to becoming a major global medium of exchange.

Thanks for the laughs, though! Now I've got to get back to bringing people into Dash...(outside the forums, of course).

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:12:15 AM

So I would sincerely hope that the Monero and BitShares communities would not gloat about being the peer reviewed best non-vaporware privacy solution, because, I hate to break this to you, but this is serious, because people are indeed putting their lives on the line, so please don't give people false confidence in mixers because you could get people ended.

In bitshares the sender is revealed to the recipient. So if your private keys get seized, they can see everyone who sent you money.

It is revealed in public on the blockchain. There is no mixing in Bitshares, only stealth addresses, which is equivalent to Bitcoin without address reuse.

CT is being added so amounts will be hidden but nothing at all is done to obfuscate transaction metadata.

Pay no attention to the off topic pumper. In addition to being rude, he's also ignorant.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:24:03 AM

It is revealed in public on the blockchain.
It "was" until recently

http://bitsharesblog.com/stealth-transfers-feature-added-to-bitshares/

"Stealth transactions are now possible using the BitShares blockchain. The OpenLedger wallet now allows transferring of users assets without the transaction sender, receiver and amount being known to others. "

I learn new things everyday too my friend.

I don't see any mixing there: https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/wiki/StealthTransfers

It looks like a way to create a new temporary stealth address or something. Worthless. You're paying Larimer per transaction for that?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:31:53 AM

You're paying Larimer per transaction for that?

No, you are paying the network fee pool (which funds development), and the miners, and the guy (who, you guessed it, prefers to remain anonymous) who paid $45k to develop this feature when you pay for your anonymous transaction.

What a deal.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 11:47:20 AM

Sorry fellas, but no matter how many threads you guys start, no matter how many videos you produce, no matter how many insults and conjecture you spin, Dash is not going away.

Has anyone de-anonymized an eight-round Darksend transaction yet? That's what I thought.

People who trust Dash will be just fine.

Buffoons with delusions of grandeur just make for a sideshow on Dash's way to becoming a major global medium of exchange.

Thanks for the laughs, though! Now I've got to get back to bringing people into Dash...(outside the forums, of course).

Outside this forum is about the only place you can con anyone into believing dash has good anonymity features, x11 isn't flawed, and "decentralized" governance can be achieved with a coin that's ownership is centralized through the process (intentional or not) of a hefty instamine layered with a hefty reduction in coins. I have yet to meet people this stupid outside of the dash ann, but I'm sure they are out there--so happy hunting.

Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:13:28 PM

I don't agree with the n-th iteration of useless trolling and antagonism in the thread title but whoever doesn't see the writing is on the wall for dash and its inevitable collapse probably deserves to go down with the ship.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
TechorMarketing (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:17:39 PM

I don't agree with the n-th iteration of useless trolling and antagonism in the thread title but whoever doesn't see the writing is on the wall for dash and its inevitable collapse probably deserves to go down with the ship.

Some people have already seen the truth and escaped the sinking ship. With the exception of those knowingly propagating the scam I don't think anyone "deserves to go down with the ship".  I want to rescue (through education) as many people as I can.

Unfortunately DASH has been successful in separating many of their users from the truth by training them to isolate themselves in the DASH forums and ignore the feedback of better educated outsiders.
TechorMarketing (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:26:01 PM

I just noticed another DASH shout-out later in the video:

https://youtu.be/PKd7F-10lxM?t=6517

listen for scammer comment
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:43:33 PM

I fail to see the purpose of opening these threads. I already posted the interview in both of Monero's regular threads. Frankly, I am a bit annoyed you opened one.

It would be good if you just close this thread, it doesn't really have a purpose.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 12:56:00 PM

I was struck by how grossly overweight the participants in that interview were.  Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:41:40 PM

I was struck by how grossly overweight the participants in that interview were.  Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins.

Who cares what bodyshape and weight someone has? Are you as sincer concerned about vitaliks health because he is rather slim? No offense that is how you sound.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: