Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First expierience with PaySafeCard -> Bitcoin  (Read 933 times)
skimtura43 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 11:59:28 AM

Hey everyone

I'm new to the forum and I'd like to introduce myself by telling the story from me trying to purchase bitcoins via PSC: Recently I tried buying bitcoins via PSC (CHF)...I got a couple of offers but everytime I sent the code, I never heard anything again yet the card is still valued with CHF 150.00.

Has anyone ever tried to buy bitcoins via PSC? I am still sitting on my card with the feeling of having wasted money because no one wants to cut a deal  Cry And those trading-sites are extremly expensive in my opinion.

Kind regards
motorex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oliviancool

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 12:10:32 PM

I did! PM me for details.
skydust

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 01:33:51 PM

paraipan should be the right guy for this.
skimtura43 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:02:19 PM

Damn I'm stupid, I got scammed from a user called "SleeplessInSeattle"

So pay attention with this user!!
dacoin

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:19:25 PM

How did you get scammed?
Would be interested in knowing so that we dont make the same mistake- these con artists are really tricky and are always coming up with new ways to screw people over...
On a different note- the actual topic of the thread - i have never had a problem using the paysafecard, granted i have never tried using it in this forum (i am new), but on amazon, itunes, steam, etc it works flawlessly!
skimtura43 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 01:19:40 PM

How I got scammed? That is why I say I am stupid, really stupid!! He wasn't even tricky.

1. He was a new user, registered for about a day
2. He asked me for the code to send along with my bitcoin-address
3. I asked him if I could give him just two of my three codes first to see if he is a scammer (why didn't I send just one? or a cheaper one? ^^)
4. He told me he would use a bitcoin-anonymiser and it would take a little longer

and yeah, never received the coins - why the hell did I trust him? That was plain stupid, and I always thougt "no way I am gonna get scammed" haha yeah  Grin Learning something for the next time

Oh and he said he would give me 9 BTC for about $160.00 and that wasn't suspicious 'cause it costs right about that amount on MT.GOX

edit: Question: How would you trade with PSC? Make an escrow or what? That is what confused me and why I trusted him I guess...
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:09:55 PM

How I got scammed? That is why I say I am stupid, really stupid!! He wasn't even tricky.

1. He was a new user, registered for about a day
2. He asked me for the code to send along with my bitcoin-address
3. I asked him if I could give him just two of my three codes first to see if he is a scammer (why didn't I send just one? or a cheaper one? ^^)
4. He told me he would use a bitcoin-anonymiser and it would take a little longer

and yeah, never received the coins - why the hell did I trust him? That was plain stupid, and I always thougt "no way I am gonna get scammed" haha yeah  Grin Learning something for the next time

Oh and he said he would give me 9 BTC for about $160.00 and that wasn't suspicious 'cause it costs right about that amount on MT.GOX

edit: Question: How would you trade with PSC? Make an escrow or what? That is what confused me and why I trusted him I guess...
Use escrow. Better still, trade with someone trusted.
skimtura43 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:28:47 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2013, 03:06:36 PM by skimtura43

Use escrow. Better still, trade with someone trusted.

Do you mean something like BTCrow?

Thanks, I'll take a note of this  Smiley
dacoin

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:00:27 PM

oh man... sorry about that... not a nice experience.. and definitely not a cheap one!
I ask myself why there isnt a way to just buy BTC using the paysafecard directly, instead of having to go through users... isnt there a store or something?
kuenx

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:05:55 AM

Aparently, matonis has asked Paysafecard and got an answer here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61517.0

Seems like they "would not be able to control" what the money is being used for. But I don't get it. Since when is this their business? If I bought soap with PSC and sold it for something else, what's the difference?
instaBoost

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:57:57 AM

Aparently, matonis has asked Paysafecard and got an answer here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61517.0

Seems like they "would not be able to control" what the money is being used for. But I don't get it. Since when is this their business? If I bought soap with PSC and sold it for something else, what's the difference?

Same reason Paypal rejects anything related to bitcoins. "They lose control"

Donations: 12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
XRP: rDRho51t4StfNqEWrYKBAteJKyDeo5crZz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: