Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:57:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin search volume on Google  (Read 935 times)
the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:57:59 AM

Checking Google Trends for search trends for the term 'Bitcoin' produced this result:

Isn't it strange that most of the general public's interest in Bitcoin seems to have waned, despite the fact that we are bombarded everyday with news about more and more companies and institutions showing interest in it?

Under construction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 11:01:23 AM

Im sure if bitcoin were to yet again rise to the sunny highs of $1000 plus then we would have a massive influx of people searching up on it. perhaps if the current uptrend continues then we will gain more traffic in a few months or even years.

Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:04:18 AM

Checking Google Trends for search trends for the term 'Bitcoin' produced this result:

Isn't it strange that most of the general public's interest in Bitcoin seems to have waned, despite the fact that we are bombarded everyday with news about more and more companies and institutions showing interest in it?

it seems that this graphs look like btc value Cheesy
when price increase people (new btc user) search more "bitcoin" term!
But in a long terms (and so with no only newbie that search) other related search will growth, as for example preev or bitcoinwisdom ...
"only one" term : bitcoin can't be give a detailed snapshot of this actually situation!

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:42:13 PM

if you wanna get really scared just run the same procedure for the chinese word for bitcoin (比特币),
the picture you are seeing describes how small the bitcoin world really is

i think all bitcoin users should google bticoin at least 3 times a day so we can have yet another great graph we can impress people with

I think most bitcoiners would have bookmarked their favorite sites and do not need to go through google search... for me I will just type the URL directly as I have already remembered them...

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:55:07 PM

Most people are clueless and the only thing they know about Bitcoin is it can go really high or crash, so they just cares about the price and search abotu it when they hear some news about it hitting a high price.
When we crush the all time high soon, probably this summer, there will be another surge of google searches about Bitcoin.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 06:05:04 PM

Lets wait for halving.
When price rises more ppl will search for it.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:28:42 PM

After have searched people know the websites where they need to be. Not all people will keep using google if they know there sources.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:35:47 PM

Could you give us the numbers instead of the graph ? It could mean anything , It doesn't mean much though since most of people won't keep searching all their lives . I personally stopped searching about Bitcoin once I found Bitcointalk .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:37:11 PM

Interesting that since late 2014 it has remained somewhat stable.  I am surprised with this because of what someone said above about being bombarded with press both good and bad.  I suppose this is a good thing in that the price will not go too crazy anytime soon and it gives more time to collect btc.

I love Bitcoin
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:41:54 PM

well technically we are not bombarded every day with it, the average person probably hasnt heard of bitcoin since 2013/14 when your graph shows the largest spike... yes if you are following bitcoin you will hear about it all the time because you are looking
spacecreditcoin

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:06:56 PM

Looking nice.

SPACE - MGgmteStWp9URshK8kNxZpPP2ASdqAXSYi
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:37:25 AM

despite the fact that we are bombarded everyday with news about more and more companies and institutions showing interest in it?

Us here are bombarded because we're looking for it. For everyone else it washes straight over them. It's a word that doesn't really mean anything to them. 
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:25:16 AM

Looking at the graph, I think this is looking promising. This is likely the search results caused by people who heard about bitcoin for the very first time. Most of us do not "search" for the term bitcoin anymore in google.

As the halving approaches, I would expect the trend to go up as more and more people will gain interest in this "new" currency!
spacecreditcoin

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:29:36 PM

BTC halving...

SPACE - MGgmteStWp9URshK8kNxZpPP2ASdqAXSYi
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 11:31:36 PM

[]https://i.imgur.com/XXkw0uD.png[/img]

People have lost interest due to the bad reputation made by many people, but we i predict that in the near future the number of searches for bitcoin will be doubled and probably before, during and after the halving.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3422

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 05:51:27 AM

I sort of believe the graph is not as accurate as we think specially after all the hype going since past several months (I expected a number, a lot higher than is showing for recent months). Another interesting thing that might be fun is the following: Search result for BTC It shows some result as early as 2004.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 12:14:09 PM

correct graph,and i feel it from begining of 2014,so many people start interest in bitcoin,so many website and company born on that year,they make a good promotions,and its make people really interesting,but now as we see,that graph  has down so low,and i wondering why this happen.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████