Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:35:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How police think about Bitcoin enthusiasts ?  (Read 3733 times)
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:44:27 PM

The only thing that make us bitcoin enthusiasts bad is by those criminals using bitcoin in deep web for illegal transactions like selling drugs, selling illegal fire arms and other stuff but they other police did not know that majority of the bitcoin enthusiast use it for good things like making it a part time job to earn some money from trading and investment sites.

How do you know "majority of the bitcoin enthusiast use it for good things". There is pretty much no market in the world that exclusively caters to Bitcoin users other than the dark web and Silk Road type sites. If I were going to take a wild guess (which is what you did) I would guess that a few people are using it for legitimate purposes like investments and the bulk are using it for illegal purposes.

True, not all users of the bitcoin use it for things that are bad (Mafia, Illegal Commercial, illegal, and dangerous). I also think that those who say that Bitcoin users always doing dangerous deals, it is the people who have eaten or Violent movies too often or perhaps he feared innovations!
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:53:42 PM

When it comes to a crime, what would the police think about a guy trading with bitcoins frequently in large volumes ?(hundreds of BTCs)

I've heard they can't stand bitcoin dealers out and they become a suspect immediately with no questions asked in case there's a crime where the bitcoin enthusiast is involved. Is that true ?

I think that think two things. Most of polices think like think their chief. That the guy is making something illegal and must be punished. Then there are few who think with their head and will think that the guy is doing a business which can be even illegal for the moment but that in the future can be a normal one like the trade with the other money.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:57:15 PM

The only thing that make us bitcoin enthusiasts bad is by those criminals using bitcoin in deep web for illegal transactions like selling drugs, selling illegal fire arms and other stuff but they other police did not know that majority of the bitcoin enthusiast use it for good things like making it a part time job to earn some money from trading and investment sites.

How do you know "majority of the bitcoin enthusiast use it for good things". There is pretty much no market in the world that exclusively caters to Bitcoin users other than the dark web and Silk Road type sites. If I were going to take a wild guess (which is what you did) I would guess that a few people are using it for legitimate purposes like investments and the bulk are using it for illegal purposes.

True, not all users of the bitcoin use it for things that are bad (Mafia, Illegal Commercial, illegal, and dangerous). I also think that those who say that Bitcoin users always doing dangerous deals, it is the people who have eaten or Violent movies too often or perhaps he feared innovations!

Yes, I'm absolutely positive Bitcoin is used for investment purposes (because I'm doing that and so are many people on this forum).

The problem is that we investors and speculators don't keep the economy rolling along. Day to day use makes an active healthy economy. The only places I can think of that promote active healthy use of Bitcoin is dark markets. You can't do your weekly grocery shopping with Bitcoin but way back in the 70s when I was a stoner I know I needed a bag of weed every week and Bitcoin works well for that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: