Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:26:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITINSTANT.COM is good support  (Read 794 times)
new2btc899 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 08:04:19 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 02:46:01 AM by new2btc899

I really hope I am wrong but I placed an order friday and still have no coins. Was told by customer support on these forums that my order was processing but still no coins today. No email response live chat or phone response. I really just wish I had never used this service it sux losing out on hard earned money. I will take all these posts down if my order can be resolved but after 5days I have assumed the worst Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Driice

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 08:07:13 PM

Could have something to due with their reserves running out
new2btc899 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 08:11:57 PM

I sure hope so! Have always heard great things about bit instant from friends. Even if I have to wait I just wish they would lmk whats going on. I have order number and recipt and moneygram cinfired the payment went through and so has zipzap. So bitinstant has my money but I still have an empty wallet. I will keep everyone posted as to what happens. Thank you for your support.
bigdork

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 08:13:00 PM

Bitinstant/ Mt. Gox seem unprofessional, it's really bad for bitcoin. Same goes for dwolla. I wouldn't trust my money with any of them.

constitution

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 08:18:49 PM

BitInstant is looking very fishy right now, i would suggest using virwox
bigdork

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 08:44:06 PM

I would second the suggestion to use Virwox. Their fees are steep but if you're outside of US and can't use coinbase, it's probably your easiest/ quickest option.
bigdork

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 08:53:45 PM

Bitinstant/ Mt. Gox seem unprofessional, it's really bad for bitcoin. Same goes for dwolla. I wouldn't trust my money with any of them.

Thats the funny thing, they're not (well BitInstant isn't, MtGox can be at times). Its only in the last few days people have been having problems, and mainly (all?) newbies at that. Its most likely just a temporary issue.

Keep in contact with them, they're a registered legal company, take them to small claims court if they scam you.

I'd normally say the exact opposite to that.

Here's the thing: BitInstant and Mt. Gox are not just unprofessional. They're amateurish, bush league. I'll throw Dwolla in there as well. THe real problem with Dwolla is that they don't want to be known for bitcoin. They think they can sort of be a bitcoin without the bitcoin.

With Mt. Gox, you can't have these kinds of reputational issues, ever. Plus all of the ID requirements, what a joke. Virwox destroys Mt. Gox in terms of convenience.

Bitinstant is pretty much a joke, in my opinion. No one wants to have to physically deposit cash at CVS. 4% fee on top. And Dwolla purposefully makes it difficult for bitcoiners.

Coinbase is on a totally other level in terms of professionalism. I think an internationally capable coinbase would send the price of bitcoin soaring.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 08:58:17 PM

I really hope I am wrong but I placed an order friday and still have no coins. Was told by customer support on these forums that my order was processing but still no coins today. No email response live chat or phone response. I really just wish I had never used this service it sux losing out on hard earned money. I will take all these posts down if my order can be resolved but after 5days I have assumed the worst Angry

No one is robbing you, it simply got pushed back and Im sorry for that.

We will process the order and pay for the fees.

Since the status is updated, I kindly ask that you update the forum thread.

You wrote:

name: Jeffery William
order # 9913553f-0255-4cda-adf2-ef28979fc8d0

amount $150 money gram friday still have recipt

That Order does not show up in my system, do you have a ZipZap Account # from your confirmation slip?

Thats the funny thing, they're not (well BitInstant isn't, MtGox can be at times). Its only in the last few days people have been having problems, and mainly (all?) newbies at that. Its most likely just a temporary issue.

Keep in contact with them, they're a registered legal company, take them to small claims court if they scam you.

I'd normally say the exact opposite to that.

Bitinstant is pretty much a joke, in my opinion. No one wants to have to physically deposit cash at CVS. 4% fee on top. And Dwolla purposefully makes it difficult for bitcoiners.

Coinbase is on a totally other level in terms of professionalism. I think an internationally capable coinbase would send the price of bitcoin soaring.

No offense, but your opinions make no sense lol.

Dwolla/MtGox/BitInstant are growing fast and have growing pains. We just brought on another support team member to help us out.

To this date, we have never robbed anyone or scammed anyone.

Saying things like 'unprofessional and fishy' makes no sense and just makes your comments mundane.

Cheers.

So go start your own company and do a better job!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 09:02:43 PM

Oh really? So all the people who did exactly what "no one wants" had guns to their heads?

Plenty of people absolutely want a cash deposit option and CVS has -a lot- of locations.

You're trollin...poorly.
constitution

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 09:05:05 PM

Oh really? So all the people who did exactly what "no one wants" had guns to their heads?

Plenty of people absolutely want a cash deposit option and CVS has -a lot- of locations.

You're trollin...poorly.

+1
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 09:31:29 PM

zipzap acount number# 572816320

Receive code.. 9611

hopefully everything gets fixed and I do apologize if I overreacted

Just sent you another PM.

Don't apologize, this was 100% our fault not yours. $150 is alot of money and I would have done the same thing in your shoes

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
new2btc899 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:40:49 AM

Bitinstant took care of everythi g and I ended up making money from friday Wink thank you guys I would definitely do business again for sure NOT a scam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: