Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much is a chicken in BTC in your place?  (Read 4025 times)
HBBZ (OP)

Activity: 570
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:17:11 AM

This morning, my girl friend said to me jokingly, "the chicken they sell in that shop is really nice, and it will be less than 1 bitcoin if they accept it". She has learned to PRICE a commodity in bitcoin and that moment sent me up in the sky. I've never showed her how to use bitcoin, we just talk about bitcoin now and then.

This is amazing.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:11:12 AM

I'm certain that I would be able to purchase two chickens with one Bitcoin, if the market accepted Bitcoin.

If you're in the US, I can ship you a pack of chicks for BTC.  Just throw them some feed and give them a little shelter and you'll have tasty chickens in no time.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pinwheel

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:40:26 PM

for uncooked chicken without skin averege weight 1 kg it is 0.13 btc
for BQ chicken that would be double 0.26 btc

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:43:55 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2013, 08:21:02 PM by RodeoX

I think this is a reasonable measure of value, independent of other currencies.
I'll edit when I find out what a chicken costs here.

EDIT: I can't find anyone who will sell me a chicken for bitcoin. Weird since this is a free thinking city and lots of people have backyard chickens.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:46:11 PM

I'm certain that I would be able to purchase two chickens with one Bitcoin, if the market accepted Bitcoin.

If you're in the US, I can ship you a pack of chicks for BTC.  Just throw them some feed and give them a little shelter and you'll have tasty chickens in no time.

Amazing! Smiley haha grow your own kfc

BTC1 would get me roughly 2 small chickens, maybe 2 mediums If theyre on special offer. Probs 2 4KG chickens maybe, I dont have the exact numbers in my head.

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:04:44 PM

But who will slaughter them for me? I ain't killing animals raised by myself.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:16:11 PM

Marry her!  Cheesy

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:40:54 PM

It has been a while since I bought chicken (my wife usually does the grocery shopping), but I think you could get three chickens here for a bitcoin. It helps that bitcoins have been jumping up in price.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
HBBZ (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 01:13:06 AM

It has been a while since I bought chicken (my wife usually does the grocery shopping), but I think you could get three chickens here for a bitcoin. It helps that bitcoins have been jumping up in price.

hey, you reminded me of something. Is bitcoin pegged with USD? yes it is.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 06:16:46 AM

What? Clearly bitcoins are not pegged to anything. On the 22nd you could get two chickens per bitcoin, but on the 25th you could get three chickens per bitcoin. That is an amazing 50% gain in three days. The USD price of chickens remained unchanged over those three days.

HBBZ (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 06:43:25 AM

What? Clearly bitcoins are not pegged to anything. On the 22nd you could get two chickens per bitcoin, but on the 25th you could get three chickens per bitcoin. That is an amazing 50% gain in three days. The USD price of chickens remained unchanged over those three days.

bitcoin can be pegged to chicken too. Probably people will be talking and buying 5 chickens with 1 bitcoin next month Grin
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 08:15:20 AM

But who will slaughter them for me? I ain't killing animals raised by myself.

Using a knife blessed by a priest slice both jugular veins while looking the animal in the eye with a sense of gratitude in your heart.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 09:23:17 AM

2 chickens for 1 BTC

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 09:25:58 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 02:21:38 AM by John (johnthedong)

A lot of em here. Even more if you go buy it from the source from the farms. About 7-8 KG's of processed chickens if you go to the local hypermarket.

PS: I'm referring to 1 BTc, of course.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 01:36:06 PM

The 5.5 Kg chicken that is in the freezer here would have cost us 1 BTC !

Smiley

Interesting question, I'll follow others answer Smiley
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 05:54:27 PM

Around 0.25 BTC at 14 euros per bitcoin
Peter Lambert

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 07:16:07 PM

bitcoin can be pegged to chicken too. Probably people will be talking and buying 5 chickens with 1 bitcoin next month Grin

I don't think you understand what "pegging" means. If bitcoins were pegged to chicken, then one chicken would always be 1 bitcoin (or whatever ratio, but it would remain constant).

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 08:06:30 PM

I don't think you understand what "pegging" means. If bitcoins were pegged to chicken, then one chicken would always be 1 bitcoin (or whatever ratio, but it would remain constant).
More specifically it means that someone would make a promise of indefinate duration to deliver a chicken for 1 BTC (or whatever) upon demand.
fabrizziop

Activity: 506

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 02:18:07 AM

there's a shortage of (raw) chicken along with other basic goods in my country so probably a lot
HBBZ (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 02:42:46 AM

I do understand what pegging means. When a vendor displays a price that's pegging. He has the obligation to provide the commodity specified to customers at the price fixed at least for a period no matter profit or losses. Does pegging mean a fixed exchange rate for a period, and how long is that period? It's quite clear that USD is the primary currency that people trade with bitcoin, the question is what percentage,50%, 70% or 85%? Is this link too tight to be compared to pegging?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: