Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:55:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Scammer List  (Read 1024 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:58:52 AM

I've being thinking about creating a website listing bitcoin scammers for the purposes of being indexed on search engines, so when someone (eg employer, parent) searches for "Bob Scamy" they'll see the listing somewhere on the search results. This would mean the site will need backlinks at the very least so it ranks high.

Currently, Google does not crawl the topics of bitcointalk very well (because there are so many of them).

Would any bitcoin website operator be interested in linking to a site if it existed?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:02:47 AM

Problem is knowing the real names of the scammers. Employers won't be searching for their forum names, after all. I know some scammers have been outed publicly though.
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:07:08 AM

I've being thinking about creating a website listing bitcoin scammers for the purposes of being indexed on search engines, so when someone (eg employer, parent) searches for "Bob Scamy" they'll see the listing somewhere on the search results. This would mean the site will need backlinks at the very least so it ranks high.

Currently, Google does not crawl the topics of bitcointalk very well (because there are so many of them).

Would any bitcoin website operator be interested in linking to a site if it existed?

The other problem is you will get into legal trouble if you constantly claim person x y or z is a scammer. It will happen eventually.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:20:32 AM

The other problem is you will get into legal trouble if you constantly claim person x y or z is a scammer. It will happen eventually.

The poster of the scam accusation would take legal liability if their claims are false. The site would host user submitted content.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:01:32 PM

The poster of the scam accusation would take legal liability if their claims are false. The site would host user submitted content.

All postings of scam accusations will be made by Trendon Shavers. Problem solved.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 10:13:48 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 10:36:42 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

All postings of scam accusations will be made by Trendon Shavers. Problem solved.

My name is Trendon Shavers. I scammed a whole mess of bitcoins and, rightfully so, received the "Scammer Tag". The following is a list of people in the same boat as I.

I just Googled: "SCAMMER * Member" bitcoin

8 results (0.31 seconds)

But when I clicked the following:

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 8 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

I get this:

About 2,100,000 results (0.16 seconds)

Looks like it's going to be one long-ass page.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: