Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:50:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed transactions  (Read 2182 times)
markj113 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:53:39 PM

Wondering what's going on with all the unconfirmed transactions :

over 27,000 and counting up rapidly -

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Someone attacking the network?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TigerMart

Activity: 268
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:04:37 PM

Watch out Beginners & Help section. So many newbies are crying with unconfirmed Tx for over 14 hours.
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 06:06:10 PM

Blocks are full and the fees have gone up.
Transactions with lower fees are queuing up.
Make sure to use high enough fee, if you care to have your tx confirmed quickly.
This can help: http://bitcoinfees.21.co/

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:06:31 PM

Seems so, heard someone is also attacking the Bitcoin nodes, might be related. Although the discussion about the attck on nodes was mostly FUD about Classic and the core debate anyway
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:09:17 PM

It's been like this for weeks now, today there's double the usual unconfirmed transactions, it may be someone creating transactions just to flood the network, although it is not incredible if it's just the normal bitcoin usage.

piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 06:17:04 PM

It looks like a normal bitcoin usage. Seems like bitcoin has just been growing that fast recently.

The memory pool on my node has a minimum fee of 20 spb (to let a new tx in) and very often I have seen it at over 3MB levels.

The average fee in the last 24 blocks was almost 60 spb.
It all looks pretty healthy - the fees are just naturally going up.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:03:50 PM

The memory pool on my node has a minimum fee of 20 spb (to let a new tx in) and very often I have seen it at over 3MB levels.

Exactly, operating at the 20 satoshi level and the transaction rate seems healthy.
abugseuf

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:52:23 PM

Blocks are full and the fees have gone up.
Transactions with lower fees are queuing up.
Make sure to use high enough fee, if you care to have your tx confirmed quickly.
This can help: http://bitcoinfees.21.co/

Thank you really appreciated!
QuestionMark888

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:55:04 AM

My Transaction stuck since over 10 hours - and i never had this before, last transaction i did tree days before and everything was normal. I use Bitcoin since over 3 years and i never had a transaction like that. What happend? The Adress i sent to i sent many times before, the transaction fee is same, the software i use for sending is the same (electrum), i have no idea what's going on?
QuestionMark888

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:52:37 AM

My Transaction stuck since over 10 hours - and i never had this before, last transaction i did tree days before and everything was normal. I use Bitcoin since over 3 years and i never had a transaction like that. What happend? The Adress i sent to i sent many times before, the transaction fee is same, the software i use for sending is the same (electrum), i have no idea what's going on?

13 Hours and still everthing the same. I am done with BTC after this and nearly 4 years of using BTC. This can't be the future, next time i use a homing pigeon if i need to transfer money fast around the globe. Absolutly dissapointed from Bitcoin. It will never will be used by the masses if things like that can happen. Huh
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:57:56 AM

It's probably because someone is attacking the network again... Just be patient, I guess.
QuestionMark888

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:30:00 AM

I'm patient....  Angry Angry Angry  Undecided Cry

14 Hours...nothing happend. Since Yesterday the same message on Blockchain:

Estimated Confirmation Time    Very Soon (High Priority)

.... Angry.....
A73841

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:57:58 AM

If the fee was not high enough it can take a long time or it will return to your wallet in 1-4 days i guess
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:07:34 AM

If the fee was not high enough it can take a long time or it will return to your wallet in 1-4 days i guess

Depends on the wallet... If i'm not mistaking, bitcoin-qt will rebroadcast untill you start it with -zapwallet . Many other wallets will only broadcast once, and in this case, the funds will return to you in a couple of days (it's random)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
QuestionMark888

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:13:54 AM

I did it with electrum.

still same message on blockchain.
lrdeoliveira

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:56:12 AM

I'm patient....  Angry Angry Angry  Undecided Cry

14 Hours...nothing happend. Since Yesterday the same message on Blockchain:

Estimated Confirmation Time    Very Soon (High Priority)

.... Angry.....

high priority and all this time to get confirmed is a lot of time,is't this strange?  i have also some transaction not yet confirmed from yesterday morning, but it's because they have low fees.
QuestionMark888

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:25:57 AM

Yes it is strange. Now it`s 16 Hours. Still nothing changed. My fees are maybe also a little bit low after all what i read here now. But, anyway, i just sent three days before nearly the same amount with exactly the same fees and there was no problems. If bitcoin now demands high fees to make a simple transaction i see no point anymore to use it. Any bank transfer is FASTER and CHEAPER. I'm not a crypto nerd, i just a normal user. If i need now a master degree in computer science to make a transaction (i`m so rid off all this BS what i googled today for making stucking transactions work - but nothing of this tips worked for me!!) than I'm absolutly done with this crap now. The big difference is, if it would be a bank transfer i could make somebody responsible for this, and yes oh yeah, i would take already my phone and would unload all my frustration to the bank employee until i would know where my money is gone! I cannot believe my over 400 Dollars are now in the crypto heaven, somewhere lost in the WWW! I NEED this money now and not in 4 Days! Of Course it's fine if i get it back in 4 Days, but i don`t now what the BTC exchange rate may be than, cause it's always volatil. And if the network have too much of this problems now like i read everywhere in the internet now, maybe the exchange rate goes to zero cause everybody is done with this playmoney bullsh.it here! Omg i `m so pissed of!  Angry
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:28:53 AM

Yes it is strange. Now it`s 16 Hours. Still nothing changed. My fees are maybe also a little bit low after all what i read here now. But, anyway, i just sent three days before nearly the same amount with exactly the same fees and there was no problems. If bitcoin now demands high fees to make a simple transaction i see no point anymore to use it. Any bank transfer is FASTER and CHEAPER. I'm not a crypto nerd, i just a normal user. If i need now a master degree in computer science to make a transaction (i`m so rid off all this BS what i googled today for making stucking transactions work - but nothing of this tips worked for me!!) than I'm absolutly done with this crap now. The big difference is, if it would be a bank transfer i could make somebody responsible for this, and yes oh yeah, i would take already my phone and would unload all my frustration to the bank employee until i would know where my money is gone! I cannot believe my over 400 Dollars are now in the crypto heaven, somewhere lost in the WWW! I NEED this money now and not in 4 Days! Of Course it's fine if i get it back in 4 Days, but i don`t now what the BTC exchange rate may be than, cause it's always volatil. And if the network have too much of this problems now like i read everywhere in the internet now, maybe the exchange rate goes to zero cause everybody is done with this playmoney bullsh.it here! Omg i `m so pissed of!  Angry
Just double-spend it. Bad luck if you used one of the "online wallets" though
QuestionMark888

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:39:03 AM

I'm not exactly know how to do this. With electrum i cannot do it, than i tried coinB.in. Problem there was, i have to give in a transaction No., so i not really understand this. Why not making a new Transaction no.? I tried with the old one but anyway, nothing cause forward. To complicated this stuff for an average user.
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 08:41:32 AM

Seems so, heard someone is also attacking the Bitcoin nodes, might be related. Although the discussion about the attck on nodes was mostly FUD about Classic and the core debate anyway

I'm running Core and Classic on two different IP's and I can confirm I was DDoS'ed on my Classic node.  I have since moved both to Cloudflare protected servers just in case Classic attempts to retaliate against my Core node or Core continues to DDoS my Classic node.

Of course I don't know who's doing it, I'm only using "Core" & "Classic" as generalities.

All I care about is DDoS'ing sucks and it's childish.  I don't care about beliefs when my servers are being attacked by anyone.  I try to stay neutral by running both.  I firmly believe that competition is healthy for Bitcoin as a whole.

Just double-spend it. Bad luck if you used one of the "online wallets" though

I switch off between BreadWallet and Blockchain for my iPad when I'm on the go.  I've never had problems with either.  It's probably because I never send less that ~1 BTC or more per transaction from a single output with high fees ~55-70 sats per byte.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: