Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:02:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg May Announce Presidential Campaign Next Week!  (Read 438 times)
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 06:47:38 PM

If he does, the "Battle of the Billionaires" is on!

Quote from: Andolou Agency
Michael Bloomberg is planning a run for the U.S. presidency that would begin as early as next week.

A source with knowledge of company affairs at Bloomberg L.P., told Anadolu Agency that said senior officials at offices worldwide were clearing schedules for meetings to discuss a sudden change in the management structure at the company.

The source, who spoke to AA on condition of anonymity, was not authorized to discuss company matters on the record.

The multibillionaire owner of Bloomberg L.P. is preparing to hand over his responsibilities at the financial data and media company ahead of an announcement after Super Tuesday on March 1, a key date in the nomination process for the Republican and Democratic parties.

Bloomberg was planning to make his announcement on or after Super Tuesday, the source said.

Bloomberg, who distanced himself from his company in a similar fashion when he was elected mayor of New York City, has been rumored to be planning an independent presidential campaign for months....

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/world/bloomberg-to-announce-us-presidential-run/527403

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:01:10 PM

And this move should help.. clinton or TRUMP? (let's forget about bernie, he's done)

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 07:03:32 PM

And this move should help.. clinton or TRUMP? (let's forget about bernie, he's done)

From what I read, it's going to benefit Mr. Trump. Mr. Bloomberg is expected to take votes away from gun-control / nanny-state supporters who would otherwise vote Dem.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:12:18 PM

From what I read, it's going to benefit Mr. Trump. Mr. Bloomberg is expected to take votes away from gun-control / nanny-state supporters who would otherwise vote Dem.

This is what I was thinking. Strange move... Unless, behind the curtain, the DOJ is ready to move against clinton. Real estate Billionaire (brick and mortar, humans) vs a democrat billionaire from wall street?

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 07:18:07 PM

This is what I was thinking. Strange move... Unless, behind the curtain, the DOJ is ready to move against clinton. Real estate Billionaire (brick and mortar, humans) vs a democrat billionaire from wall street?

That's why I called it "The Battle Of The Billionaires." Taking the report at face value, Mr. Bloomberg is going to run as the antipopulist candidate - something like this year's answer to John B. Anderson.

If Mr. Bloomberg follows through, it'll introduce a different dynamic. To the extent that Mr. Trump's popularity is based upon him being a highly successful billionaire, Mr. Bloomberg is going to have a stick to beat Mr. Trump with. The way the campaign is going so far, I don't see that stick beating away Mr. Trump's support - but it will mean that he'd have to tone down the "I'm a YUGE Success" angle and go even more populist.

It would be ironic to see Mr. Trump - subtly - assailing Mr. Bloomberg as a malefactor of great wealth...

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:24:14 PM

For my part, I consider Bloomberg and Clinton to be pretty much indistinguishable.  I specifically voted against Clinton back in 2008 (the last time I voted nationally with a non-joke vote) and I have seen nothing which would make me detest her less since.  I can think of nothing at all to like about Bloomberg and he seems to be at least as much of a totalitarian NWO type as Clinton.  If anything that is his claim to fame.  (BTW, for most of my life I was kind of a 'default Democrat' voter on issues/people I'd not studied, and on many of those I had.)

Ultimately, given the assault of public education and mass media, a totalitarian NWO advocate of a 'one-world' political/social/religious system type of person will command a majority of popular support.  Hopefully not yet in 2016, but I would not rule it out.  At the end of the day, people are going to have to see what that means with their own eyes in order to properly evaluate the down-sides.  When it becomes possible to break out of it (if ever) those who survive will try very hard to make sure it never happens again.  At this time I believe that the only hope for 'change' will be at such a juncture.  That is to say, we ARE going to see a global order and the main thing worth considering is how to deal with it when it occurs.  Taking actions which guide how it occurs and what it looks like (in order to later attack it) is also worthwhile.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:33:30 PM

For my part, I consider Bloomberg and Clinton to be pretty much indistinguishable.  I specifically voted against Clinton back in 2008 (the last time I voted nationally with a non-joke vote) and I have seen nothing which would make me detest her less since.  I can think of nothing at all to like about Bloomberg and he seems to be at least as much of a totalitarian NWO type as Clinton.  If anything that is his claim to fame.  (BTW, for most of my life I was kind of a 'default Democrat' voter on issues/people I'd not studied, and on many of those I had.)

Ultimately, given the assault of public education and mass media, a totalitarian NWO advocate of a 'one-world' political/social/religious system type of person will command a majority of popular support.  Hopefully not yet in 2016, but I would not rule it out.  At the end of the day, people are going to have to see what that means with their own eyes in order to properly evaluate the down-sides.  When it becomes possible to break out of it (if ever) those who survive will try very hard to make sure it never happens again.  At this time I believe that the only hope for 'change' will be at such a juncture.  That is to say, we ARE going to see a global order and the main thing worth considering is how to deal with it when it occurs.  Taking actions which guide how it occurs and what it looks like (in order to later attack it) is also worthwhile.

They are purposely dumbing down the children.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201407/anti-intellectualism-and-the-dumbing-down-america

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:40:57 PM

what the fuck...seriously?

Why at the last minute though? that makes no sense, and it takes preparation for a campaign trail to warm up to peoples eyes and message and really sit down to talk with people at these events.

This makes me want to vote for hilary more, just because she has some sense of experience in the house.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:20:19 AM

If he does, the "Battle of the Billionaires" is on!

Quote from: Andolou Agency
Michael Bloomberg is planning a run for the U.S. presidency that would begin as early as next week.

A source with knowledge of company affairs at Bloomberg L.P., told Anadolu Agency that said senior officials at offices worldwide were clearing schedules for meetings to discuss a sudden change in the management structure at the company.

The source, who spoke to AA on condition of anonymity, was not authorized to discuss company matters on the record.

The multibillionaire owner of Bloomberg L.P. is preparing to hand over his responsibilities at the financial data and media company ahead of an announcement after Super Tuesday on March 1, a key date in the nomination process for the Republican and Democratic parties.

Bloomberg was planning to make his announcement on or after Super Tuesday, the source said.

Bloomberg, who distanced himself from his company in a similar fashion when he was elected mayor of New York City, has been rumored to be planning an independent presidential campaign for months....

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/world/bloomberg-to-announce-us-presidential-run/527403

Romney is next.  The establishment will pull these 'candidates' out of the hat just to slow down Trump.

If Trump sweeps tomorrow, the vote dilution process will begin. i. e. new candidates will be announced.

At this point they don't even care if Hilary wins.  The objective is to stop Trump.

It is pretty amazing to witness such thing: ex mexican presidents, sitting american president, leaders of the dnc, leaders of the gop, el chapo, anonymous, lots and lots of world leaders, the freaking pope... In unisson against TRUMP....

Cheesy

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:35:25 AM

Romney is next.  The establishment will pull these 'candidates' out of the hat just to slow down Trump.

If Trump sweeps tomorrow, the vote dilution process will begin. i. e. new candidates will be announced.

At this point they don't even care if Hilary wins.  The objective is to stop Trump.

It is pretty amazing to witness such thing: ex mexican presidents, sitting american president, leaders of the dnc, leaders of the gop, el chapo, anonymous, lots and lots of world leaders, the freaking pope... In unisson against TRUMP....

That is the one thing which makes me start to consider looking at Trump seriously.  Actually, I agree with some of the few things I've heard him say (and dis-agree strongly with others) but at this point I don't give any weight whatsoever to what any candidate says.

Back in the Romney v. Obama days, I figured that there was some small chance that Romney would go 'against his people' and be, on balance, OK.  Similarly, there was a small chance that being his last term, Obama would turn over a new leaf and start to be a little bit for the country.  I didn't give high odds for either of these things (and did a joke vote due to this.)  We know how Obama acted which is even more corporate globalist and anti-people than ever so I wish we'd had Romney.  But he was only there because as a rich white Mormon cult-member he was pretty much un-electable making it near certain that Obama would stay on to continue doing his sponsor's bidding.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:42:42 AM

Bloomberg has actually run large organizations successfully which is more than one can say for most of the clowns already in the race.

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 12:14:38 PM

Bloomberg has actually run large organizations successfully which is more than one can say for most of the clowns already in the race.

And as I intimated above, he's also accumulated more wealth than Mr. Trump without any of those (shall we say) business controversies.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: