Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:03:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: High Transaction Volume Price goes Down  (Read 757 times)
Enjorlas (OP)

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:19:22 AM

The transaction volumes, natural or artificial, if sustained will cause the price to go down. I recommend selling before everyone else does and buy back in after it corrects.

Note that I don't own any Bitcoin nor will I buy any so I do not have any emotional bias in this.

For future references, the price is currently $437.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Enjorlas (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:22:37 AM

If this will give my prediction any more credibility, I correctly called a double top back in mid January in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326818.0
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:30:00 AM

this does not look that possible to me. the massive transaction volume has been going on for more than 24 hours now and the price is currently at $438

besides this is not the first time such big back log has been created.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 11:19:05 AM

I also can't agree with you on this one since can't see a real logic backing this up. How exactly does transaction volume (a high one) be the cost for values to go down when as result, I think it shows somehow more demand for it, therefor it should be the other way around and it's value to go up instead.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lutzow

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:25:18 AM

I also can't agree with you on this one since can't see a real logic backing this up. How exactly does transaction volume (a high one) be the cost for values to go down when as result, I think it shows somehow more demand for it, therefor it should be the other way around and it's value to go up instead.

Yep, it depends on where the transaction volume is located. Is it on Sell Orders or the Buys? It doesn't always mean that if you see a high transaction volume, the price will go down.

coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:31:06 PM

I do not think that current high volume will affect the price because it sounds like an attack on the btc network. So it will not impact the market two sides is supply and demand. The huge number of unconfirmed tx can lower the supply and the price may go up a little
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:31:13 PM

First of all I don't think that the price will go down significantly due to a back log.Pay the right fee and you're fine.
Furthermore why should anyone here listen to somebody who has abolutely no skin in the game as you said yourself?!
Enjorlas (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:16:07 PM

First of all I don't think that the price will go down significantly due to a back log.Pay the right fee and you're fine.
Furthermore why should anyone here listen to somebody who has abolutely no skin in the game as you said yourself?!

Because I have no financial incentive for the price to go either way. Some members try to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt if they want the price to go down regardless of what they actually think. Other members who only want the price to go up will discredit bad news, or shout down people who present an uncomfortable opinion.

I am neither of these people. Just a curious bystander.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:51:22 PM

it is only a psycological movement people are panicing because someone is intentionally cloging the blockchain sending bitcoin with fairly low fee associated. Just hold for sometime price will rise certainly

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:55:40 PM

Most heavyweight traders look at (probably largely fictional) numbers going up and down on a site far away from the blockchain. I doubt they care about external strife even when they should a little bit.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:56:22 PM

i don't think the majority of the people even noticed this. as result not much will happen, if ever. the price is just bouncing up and down a few bucks. people are used to this. if you stick to 0.0001 btc as fee, then your transaction will get confirmed within 3 blocks, if not sooner. there is nothing to worry about.
U2016

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:58:41 PM

That's a small dump , I don't think price will be affected longer because of it but the btc will recover back it's glory .
Hope it reaches 450$ soon.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:06:19 PM

All the consensus and all the new technologies being announced are making the future look extremely bright so I would advice against selling any amounts of Bitcoin right now. Considering that the hype for the halving is increasingly daily... I think it's not a good idea to sell right now, but it's your Bitcoin so good luck.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:34:42 PM

All the consensus and all the new technologies being announced are making the future look extremely bright so I would advice against selling any amounts of Bitcoin right now. Considering that the hype for the halving is increasingly daily... I think it's not a good idea to sell right now, but it's your Bitcoin so good luck.

Yes I agree.
Right now the situation looks bad or serious for people who are not really familiar with Bitcoin.
Furthermore again someone is attacking the network to push for his own agenda.
I predict that if we can withstand the actual artificial created pressure, we will get rewarded for taking all that sh** at the end of the year with a price increase to around $800 or maybe more.

Segwit is coming and code for HF will be ready around july based on HK bitcoin roundtable.
The attempts to create FUD are strong the last few days.Maybe the last final push who knows.
Stay strong and HODL!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:39:29 PM

you're wrong, we are heading toward breaking the 450 barrier, it's only a matter of time

i'm convinced that we may see another 1-2 attempts to break the 500 after surpassing the 450, stay tuned

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:52:29 AM

High transaction volume won't make the price go down, only when high volume gets accumulated in few hands the price will go down.
Latwindar

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:39:06 PM

If this will give my prediction any more credibility, I correctly called a double top back in mid January in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326818.0

Can you predict again when will there be the double bottom so that we can buy at the bottom and make some money?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: