Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:11:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Bitcoin and how might it be regulated?  (Read 3088 times)
atun jong

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

atun jong

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:12:07 PM

the Indonesian  govemment has not set been able to arrange Bitcoin
because it stiil hit the system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Umenk

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:28:45 AM

I agree with you ... the government also can not
operate bitcoin yet
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:25:54 AM

I agree with you ... the government also can not
operate bitcoin yet

Here in our country, my colleague interviewed the lawyer at the BSP (Central Bank) and they said that the government sees bitcoin not as money, but as property and isn't subject to legal tender. The government does not see it as a threat as of now and that explains the lack of government intervention with it. But they must also consider that its values is significantly high, people use it as a means of trading. They also didn't mention about the websites that lets you convert bitcoin to fiat and that is why I'm having doubts to its regulation in the future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:11:17 PM

Technically, Bitcoin can not be regulated but what any government can do is to make laws and guidelines on its use, on matters of buying and selling, tax matters and anything else they might require for people doing business with Bitcoin under their own jurisdiction. And for me, that can be any government's right to do so. They are in the authority so we might as well expect that they will really exercise that authority no matter where that can be derived from.

We can only hope that they would consider the many benefits that can come from the use of Bitcoin and the blockchain technology behind it. While many governments can be short-sighted, once they will realize the reasons why Japan opted to be leader in recognizing Bitcoin, then am sure they will think twice before thrashing Bitcoin.

The battle for regulation of Bitcoin will always be an ongoing issue for a long, long time. We should expect for that.
ezzy.co

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:10:04 PM

Personally, I don't think it is possible to regulate bitcoin system, since it is absoluty decentralized. However, it is possible some countries may try to limit acces to the system.
ezzy.co

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:25:18 PM

By the way, in Sweden it's prohibited to use crypto-currency to buy scrap-metal. More over, in 2013 Bitcoin was ''prohibited'' in Thailand, but later companies which worked with Bitcoin could work and even get a lisence, in spite of prohibition. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: