Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:45:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why $17? Because this is happening...  (Read 9086 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 12:55:29 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2013, 01:07:58 AM by Rassah

The way you people see conspiracy in everything is amazing.  You should really look at group psychology instead of looking for a scapegoat when the price swings up or down.

Were none of you around the last time this happened ($30 bubble)? This is no different.

Woah... uh... don't lump us all into one group please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThaSpacePope

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 12:55:51 AM

I sold at $19. Double the price before the halving, precisely what they should have sold for for the last month. So all that hoarding of coins before the halving has paid off.

Whatever the cause of the rise, i'm happy!
  Fake.

huh?
Rob E

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 01:08:14 AM

Yeh great .

Yes, Rob E, facts ARE great.
Faux pas  number of pump and dumps and bubbles can and are brought back to fraud.  Fact . And goodnight.

OK, what is your evidence that this was a fraudulent bubble or a pump-and-dump, and not just herd mentality driven by greed and panic?
Gut feeling.  Sharp rise and drop someone someone saying it  is crying for a correction,  someone else saying it is due to bitcoin expansion .

manipulations of markets somehow. Pump and dumps always are frauds, is this a pump and dump, do the statistics show that. is  it a bubble, does it show that. C'mon  pump and dumps are frauds bubbbles are ultimately instigated by fraudsters, who made the most money. look at that. ( your question i'll have to refer back to with true data. but am i talking shit?)
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 01:27:17 AM

OK, what is your evidence that this was a fraudulent bubble or a pump-and-dump, and not just herd mentality driven by greed and panic?
Gut feeling. 

So, nothing then.

BTW, your ignore button went from light tan to deep brown in a span of 30 minutes  Tongue
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 01:47:56 AM

Gut feeling.  Sharp rise and drop someone someone saying it  is crying for a correction,  someone else saying it is due to bitcoin expansion .

manipulations of markets somehow. Pump and dumps always are frauds, is this a pump and dump, do the statistics show that. is  it a bubble, does it show that. C'mon  pump and dumps are frauds bubbbles are ultimately instigated by fraudsters, who made the most money. look at that. ( your question i'll have to refer back to with true data. but am i talking shit?)

Normally when people say statistics show that "fill-in-the-blank" they often have statistics to support their claims unless they are just pulling facts out of a region that depending on how polite you like your English may be referred to as either the rectum or the fundament.

If you have some masterful statistical analysis showing this was a fraudulent pump and dump, or even a group think driven bubble then I'm sure the more mathematically inclined here would like to see it and read it. Break out your copy of SPSS, Stata, Sage, or whatever your statistical software of choice is and do your best Nate Silver impression.

I'll keep watching while you get worked up over a wee bit of market volatility.

constitution

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:36:08 AM

Hopefully it drops down so we can buy some more !!
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:03:27 AM

I sold at $19. Double the price before the halving, precisely what they should have sold for for the last month. So all that hoarding of coins before the halving has paid off.

Fake.

Fake??? I did the same thing, so am I fake too? The only difference is I bought in at $8, so I probably did a little better. Wink
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:29:54 AM

Yeh great .

Faux pas  number of pump and dumps and bubbles can and are brought back to fraud.  Fact . And goodnight.

If you're gonna talk shit, the least you could do is learn the English language, and punctuation!
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:46:07 AM

Yeh great .

No need for manipulation. Bubbles are an emergent phenomenon of group dynamics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flocking_(behavior)). It's a result of various agents making distinct decisions at the same time.

Bubbles usually burst when a few bigger individuals decide to cash out and smaller investors mirror that behavior. Then the market crashes back to the equilibrium which is determined by the ratio between weak and strong hands. A good investor has some understanding on where that equilibrium lies and what price level can be expected to reflect the true strength/trust in the business.

However, manipulators CAN take advantage of group dynamics. And that may be considered cheating or fraud. But that is poor judgement on the side of the exploited. If you invest safely and prudent you cannot be exploited easily. Also, manipulation has an associated cost.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Rob E

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:08:55 AM

Gut feeling. 

So, nothing then.

BTW, your ignore button went from light tan to deep brown in a span of 30 minutes  Tongue
"What? Market had swallowed >150k coins dump in a day and we are still at 17? How?"

I'd like to know. .  I can tell by that question that that guy knows what he's talking about and something isn't right. And would indicate that the market is being manipulated somehow.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 01:46:54 PM

Gut feeling.

So, nothing then.

BTW, your ignore button went from light tan to deep brown in a span of 30 minutes  Tongue
"What? Market had swallowed >150k coins dump in a day and we are still at 17? How?"

I'd like to know. .  I can tell by that question that that guy knows what he's talking about and something isn't right. And would indicate that the market is being manipulated somehow.

The coins making up that 150k were likely sold and bought many times over, just being circulated in an out, so still no.

But if you still think it's being manipulated, then I guess do something about it.
Rob E

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:56:55 PM

i already have.
constitution

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

Fake.

Fake??? I did the same thing, so am I fake too? The only difference is I bought in at $8, so I probably did a little better. Wink

Lol, fake?
dan9575

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 05:14:42 PM

I think it's because a lot of people are buying up bitcoins before ACIS comes out.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 05:17:36 PM

I think it's because a lot of people are buying up bitcoins before ACIS comes out capital controls and devaluation make the dollar worthless.
Fixed
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:30:36 PM

Nice story, but this is not a Chinese solar company.  It is a California based retailer.  They don't manufacture, just resell and do system designs.

That company is lame!  I used their website form twice to get information because I WILL buy from companies that take bitcoin, but they ignored both requests.  They don't get MY business now.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████