Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:39:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think merchants should use Bitcoin or crypto currency  (Read 3956 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coldice (OP)

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:08:13 PM

As you have seen that more and more users from India are now getting into crypto currency and companies like zebpay and coinsecure makes it easier to buy bitcoins.
So do you think merchants like flipkart and amazon should use bitcoin as alternate payment gateway.

Back to talk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:24:39 AM

They should, right now its not necessary for them as bitcoin user volume is very low. Also high confirmation time is one of the reason why merchants could be avoiding bitcoin.

ChiPh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:37:43 AM

As you have seen that more and more users from India are now getting into crypto currency and companies like zebpay and coinsecure makes it easier to buy bitcoins.
So do you think merchants like flipkart and amazon should use bitcoin as alternate payment gateway.
For country like India accepting and using in in day to day transactions bitcoin will be a big change. I think flipkart, snapdeal etc. will slowly introduce bitcoin as alternate payment method. Right now we can buy vouchers from them and they are on right track.
learncoin

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:07:09 AM

I guess online retailers would love to use BTC since it will cut their banking fees. Once the retailers starts using bitcoins, the awareness of cryptos will also increase throughout the country.

BUT the problem here for the retails is the uncertainty of government's position on cryptos.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 10:16:11 PM

They should, right now its not necessary for them as bitcoin user volume is very low. Also high confirmation time is one of the reason why merchants could be avoiding bitcoin.
I dont think confirmation time is any hindrance since they dont have to deliver their products instantly.Even a fastest delivery takes longer than confirmation time
coldice (OP)

Activity: 654

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:34:35 AM

I dont think confirmation time is any hindrance since they dont have to deliver their products instantly.Even a fastest delivery takes longer than confirmation time

If they think bitcoin could take long time for confirmation they could use ethereum. Cheesy

Back to talk
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:39:21 AM

I think merchants should use bitcoins, as the volume Cap of bitcoins is highest and also it is know by most people.
Other Alts first needs to be converted to bitcoins, before they can be used.
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:27:29 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 03:36:26 AM by dashingriddler

It is one of the great utilities. So yes for sure !

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:45:39 AM

I doubt they see any benefit in this, especially with wallets like Paytm and Mobikwik already there which are fast and periodically offer big discounts. In fact I have been using Paytm a lot due to the huge cashbacks.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:38:09 AM

I doubt they see any benefit in this, especially with wallets like Paytm and Mobikwik already there which are fast and periodically offer big discounts. In fact I have been using Paytm a lot due to the huge cashbacks.
That is obviously temporary. It is not the merchant who is giving you the cashback but these wallet providers themselves. Same as uber offering 7INR per km rides. It will eventually stop some day when they can no more raise money. From what I have heard, paytm has burnt 30% of their recent raise just for giving discounts and cashbacks.

Regards

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:17:09 AM

That is obviously temporary. It is not the merchant who is giving you the cashback but these wallet providers themselves. Same as uber offering 7INR per km rides. It will eventually stop some day when they can no more raise money. From what I have heard, paytm has burnt 30% of their recent raise just for giving discounts and cashbacks.

Regards

Thank you Paytm for burning money, I have saved a lot buying expensive stuff like laptop and air conditioners Grin

Still, in the future I am more likely to use Paytm than Bitcoin as payment method as a customer, and this come from someone who has been in Bitcoins for a few years now. Unless there is a benefit in using Bitcoins I don't see it catching on.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:34:04 AM

Regards

Thank you Paytm for burning money, I have saved a lot buying expensive stuff like laptop and air conditioners Grin

Still, in the future I am more likely to use Paytm than Bitcoin as payment method as a customer, and this come from someone who has been in Bitcoins for a few years now. Unless there is a benefit in using Bitcoins I don't see it catching on.
Then you will have to wait for some bitcoin company to start throwing in discounts and cashbacks left and right as they earnt or raised tons of money. May not happen in near future i believe.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

btcbunny

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:50:39 PM

i think using crypto currencies may not be as absurd or unimaginable as many might think.
I personally think that incorporating bitcoins as a method of payment on such e-commercial giants might increase awareness of general masses into the world of cryptocurrency and might even result in an increase in our online cryptocurrency world
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:39:38 PM

i think using crypto currencies may not be as absurd or unimaginable as many might think.
I personally think that incorporating bitcoins as a method of payment on such e-commercial giants might increase awareness of general masses into the world of cryptocurrency and might even result in an increase in our online cryptocurrency world

+1

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 06:17:44 PM

Here is an article penned by Elizabeth. Quite a strong read

http://blog.coinsecure.in/post/142404073145/why-accept-payment-in-bitcoin

Can also add that Bitcoin does not expose the customer to giving up his information at the Point of Sale to/ through the merchant.

jonatuzc

Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:32:05 PM

I think both can be used.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:27:58 PM

Here is an article penned by Elizabeth. Quite a strong read

http://blog.coinsecure.in/post/142404073145/why-accept-payment-in-bitcoin

Can also add that Bitcoin does not expose the customer to giving up his information at the Point of Sale to/ through the merchant.
Nice article but
"... additionally eliminating any risk of fraud."
Imo chances of fraud in bitcoin are more than any other payment system because
1.Even stolen bitcoin can be spent anywhere anonymously.
2.Chargeback work as safeguard for buyer

Also
"... Bitcoin
is a trustless system and more secure.
With credit and debit cards, one makes
a transaction and trusts that the
individual on the other end will take
out only the agreed upon value."
In offline purchase,buyer enters the amount to be paid in pos,sellers can not change it.
I however agree to below in toto
"...
Online purchase require otp sent to cardholder registered mobile number.
As Bitcoin is a global technology,
Bitcoin acceptance enables merchants
to accept payment from individuals
around the world. Paypal, debit cards
and credit cards simply do not have
the extent of a global reach that
Bitcoin has."

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:08:03 AM

I think both can be used.

Using both can be a good idea. You can enjoy benefits of both  Bitcoin and crypto currency
btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 07:27:18 PM

If course they should accept bitcoin payment also but the question is why would they do this?they are the leaders in their niche and they wont see any additional advantage of using bitcoin payment gateway.Remember most of Indians prefer COD payment option anyway.Adding one more option would increase their business.Nobody is holding their purchase from these sites because they dont have option to pay with bitcoin
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:14:52 AM

I would suggest yes if they can have an immediate sale option as price fluctuations will not be that big criteria if they are getting the rate on the spot which they required. For this we already have exchanges in India. Another thing will be the quick withdrawal process since they all merchants will require easy acces to thier money unless they want to invest and keep it for long in Bitcoin is different story.
skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:59:07 AM

Imo chances of fraud in cash are more than any other payment system because
1.Even stolen cash can be spent anywhere anonymously.
2.Chargeback, provided by bitcoin banks like coinbase, work as safeguard for buyer

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 10:40:26 PM

2.Chargeback, provided by bitcoin banks like coinbase, work as safeguard for buyer
You can always seek help from law enforcement agencies in case of stolen cash which is not the case with bitcoin currently
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 03:06:32 AM

Unocoin's attempt to get the physical stores to accept Bitcoin by launching its PoS app

News : http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/04/23/unocoin-launches-unocoin-pos-for-indian-merchants/

Promo : https://youtube.com/watch?v=uWWhbSH6nO4

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 09:54:08 PM

Unocoin's attempt to get the physical stores to accept Bitcoin by launching its PoS app

News : http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/04/23/unocoin-launches-unocoin-pos-for-indian-merchants/

Your promo is nice it not only promotes your service but also explain how easy bitcoin transaction is.Just scan a qr code and make payment.Nothing can be easier
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:45:30 AM

Your promo is nice it not only promotes your service but also explain how easy bitcoin transaction is.Just scan a qr code and make payment.Nothing can be easier

Smiley

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

globalgaurav

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:06:05 AM

oh so lovely

Why Cryptocurrency Will Take Over the World

https://youtu.be/OwG4d17zzuA?list=PLuO-dTbCjrwpfhvj1e13Ic0hPerK_RSd3

May not happen in near future i believe.

soyab0007

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 07:15:59 PM

they should provide bitcoin payment as an option to buyers..
this can be helpful for buyers to know about bitcoin
skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 10:07:50 AM

You can always seek help from law enforcement agencies in case of stolen cash which is not the case with bitcoin currently

You can because there is no such thing as a bitcoin! If your keys were hacked, that is a cyber crime in India & you can seek the police.

Personal anecdote: My credit card was stolen so I went to the UP police. No one knew what credit card was! (that was around 10 yrs ago) When I tried to explain what credit card was the policeman's reply was "wo to theek hai par rupaye pade kahan the jo chori ho gye?? Bank waley to naa aaye report likhane.." (Credit card is fine but where were your rupee notes stolen from? The bankers didin't report any theft..)   Roll Eyes Huh Shocked I expect the same even if bitcoin was legalised.

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 09:47:01 PM

You can because there is no such thing as a bitcoin! If your keys were hacked, that is a cyber crime in India & you can seek the police.

Personal anecdote: My credit card was stolen so I went to the UP police. No one knew what credit card was! (that was around 10 yrs ago) When I tried to explain what credit card was the policeman's reply was "wo to theek hai par rupaye pade kahan the jo chori ho gye?? Bank waley to naa aaye report likhane.." (Credit card is fine but where were your rupee notes stolen from? The bankers didin't report any theft..)   Roll Eyes Huh Shocked I expect the same even if bitcoin was legalised.
Lol that is really funny but it was 10 years ago.Things have changed a lot now.We have a separate cyber cell these days and I hope people in there would have some knowledge.But the question is will they be able to locate stolen theif and even if they do how would they get hold of their?
goldflake

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 07:13:48 AM

I don't think a surveillance state like India will ever let that happen.
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 07:51:30 AM

For sure it does as long as the product or service can be paid through cash without revealing the identity. For example why would the restaurant cashier bother about the identity as long as he is getting bitcoin as the payment ?
But let us say you are buying a two wheeler, the identity would definitely matter because the buying of two wheeler is regulated.

Regards

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

mynameisdon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 07:57:33 AM

yes i am with you.its not my only guessing but i am sure police are not aware from bitcoin.i am also in u.p can't expect police are about to help someone in such types of cases.and tracking someone by bitcoin transactions is too though.

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:03:31 AM

For sure it does as long as the product or service can be paid through cash without revealing the identity. For example why would the restaurant cashier bother about the identity as long as he is getting bitcoin as the payment ?
But let us say you are buying a two wheeler, the identity would definitely matter because the buying of two wheeler is regulated.

Regards
Restaurant cashier doesn't get any information about your identity when you pay in cash also.Nobody ask your name or other info when you pay at restaurant.
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:06:20 AM

Regards
Restaurant cashier doesn't get any information about your identity when you pay in cash also.Nobody ask your name or other info when you pay at restaurant.
So, your explanation is supporting my argument right? Smiley

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:18:06 AM

Regards
You can say that.My point is it doesn't matter wheather you pay with cash or bitcoin,In some transactions you have to disclose your identity while in some you dont require
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:47:16 PM

Regards
You can say that.My point is it doesn't matter wheather you pay with cash or bitcoin,In some transactions you have to disclose your identity while in some you dont require
And where ever you end up disclosing may not be because you are paying in Bitcoin. You may have to reveal irrespective of mode of payment.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:53:06 PM

And where ever you end up disclosing may not be because you are paying in Bitcoin. You may have to reveal irrespective of mode of payment.
Exactly but it is quite different when you pay online as you can stay anonymous to larger extent when you pay with bitcoin.
To sum it up bitcoin has no extra advantage using in real world.
mynameisdon

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 01:54:21 PM

what do you mean by stolen btc?
i didn't heard ever that bitcoin can be steal.i think stealing btc without someone's private key is not possible anymore. and private key are safe, if you share with someone its your great stupidity.

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 09:41:53 AM

i didn't heard ever that bitcoin can be steal.i think stealing btc without someone's private key is not possible anymore. and private key are safe, if you share with someone its your great stupidity.
Btc can not be stolen but wallets that keep bitcoins may be hacked or break into
syahril

Activity: 434

Bountie- Do You Have Game?

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:29:00 AM

i think bitcoin n cripto can to trading
not must options

mynameisdon

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:25:27 AM

Btc can not be stolen but wallets that keep bitcoins may be hacked or break into
your comment is ungrounded what is different between "stealing btc and hacking wallet"?
because you are saying " Btc can not be stolen but wallets that keep bitcoins may be hacked or break into". Grin

mynameisdon

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:38:01 AM

not must options
why,why crypto currencies are not must option? we want to listen more about it please share your thought here about crypto trading.
well...personally i love crypto trading.it don't irritate like fuvcking stock market.in stock market price take long time to profit but in crypto currencies good profit can be seen daily.

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 09:06:56 AM

not must options
why,why crypto currencies are not must option? we want to listen more about it please share your thought here about crypto trading.
well...personally i love crypto trading.it don't irritate like fuvcking stock market.in stock market price take long time to profit but in crypto currencies good profit can be seen daily.
I think you haven't heard of day trading.You can buy and sell shares in a single day to make profit with price fluctuations.
Crypto trading is also lucrative and if done properly,can give you some good profit
GamblingIsWrongWay

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:09:47 AM

sure merchands must accept bitcoin, because with accept bitcoin he can invest at bitcoin too

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 11:10:58 AM

sure merchands must accept bitcoin, because with accept bitcoin he can invest at bitcoin too
If merchants accept bitcoin it will help bitcoin users like me to pay instantly with bitcoin and also new users will start using bitcoin
syedshehzan

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 04:52:22 PM

Merchants should accept Bitcoin as it will reduce fees for both the merchant and the customer. Credit card or PayPal fees are very high.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 03:52:30 PM

Yes I feel merchants should pair up with Bitcoin payment gateways and accept Bitcoins for payments. Even better, if the merchants had a chance to sign up a deal with a couple of sellers to accept receiving Bitcoins rather than fiat for their sales or transactions. This would surely instill Bitcoin spending and purchases in India.

But, there could be a couple of reasons why this hasn't yet been implemented by large e-commerce sites like Flipkart or snapdeal is because a large percentage of the customers aren't cryptocurrency customers in India. Bitcoin rates are also subject to volatility and hence handling returns of goods and returning the Bitcoins at a lower price would not be favorable.
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 11:54:58 PM

It would indeed be great if they start accepting bitcoin and it will give bitcoin huge push in India

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███