Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:53:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **WARNING** Do NOT buy Gift Cards from "MrBossMan"  (Read 2295 times)
zybik (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:11:36 PM

I am looking to try and protect my fellow forum members about a potential scammer "MrBossMan" lurking and posting on the forums here. He is selling Gift Cards for 50% of the value of the cards. Most of the Bitcointalk members can pick a scam out when they see it but some of the newer members here don't know what to believe or trust. This is for the people that don't know what to look out for even if its obvious. I just want to point out some key points on how to tell if you are dealing with a scammer or not and I am going to use MrBossMan as an example here.

Only vouches on his thread are from new forum members (If you look at other legit seller's threads you rarely see only new members leaving vouches on the thread)

I'd like to start off with any person trying to sell something and they lock their thread so no one can post 99% of the time their intention is to scam you.

New member buying $1000 in Giftcards without escrow, if he had been scammed before he would have used escrow.

Oh look another new member successfully buying $1000 in Walmart Gift cards without escrow and by his post history you can tell the account was created by him.

Here we have another new forum account created by him, buying $5000 in Giftcards without escrow or any concerns of being scammed.

Here is the actual thread as he continues to create fake accounts and vouch his scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1375943.0

I'd like to see the staff remove the thread locking option for accounts below full member status, as 90% of the time scammers use it to their advantage. I've been scammed twice this year so far for just under $600, and thats by me not following my own rules with using escrow for every transaction even if the person you are dealing with appears to be trusted. Sorry if I offended anyone by my thread I just wanted to create some awareness, if anyone else has any ideas how to tackle this problem please voice your opinion.

With that being said, how well would a 3rd party verification service for bitcointalk members work? You upload a picture of you holding up your ID, proof of address and contact information, social networks (facebook,twitter,instagram). Once verified you receive an a forum signature that shows your level of verification, and a link to your verification profile. If this would help the community I'd be interested in a JV for this, and i'll invest whatever is needed to get it completed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 09:15:01 PM

Trust: -32: -5 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

There might be a reason for his trust status. Even if you count out those that are not on DT2, he is deep in red.

With that being said, how well would a 3rd party verification service for bitcointalk members work?
Oehm, nope?!

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
zybik (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:24:48 PM

Trust: -32: -5 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

There might be a reason for his trust status. Even if you count out those that are not on DT2, he is deep in red.

In reference to the feedback, I originally started working on this thread before we was red tagged.

With that being said, how well would a 3rd party verification service for bitcointalk members work?
Oehm, nope?!

Please explain?!
solidshotnosh

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:26:35 PM

I'd like to see the staff remove the thread locking option for accounts below full member status, as 90% of the time scammers use it to their advantage. I've been scammed twice this year so far for just under $600, and thats by me not following my own rules with using escrow for every transaction even if the person you are dealing with appears to be trusted. Sorry if I offended anyone by my thread I just wanted to create some awareness, if anyone else has any ideas how to tackle this problem please voice your opinion.

With that being said, how well would a 3rd party verification service for bitcointalk members work? You upload a picture of you holding up your ID, proof of address and contact information, social networks (facebook,twitter,instagram). Once verified you receive an a forum signature that shows your level of verification, and a link to your verification profile. If this would help the community I'd be interested in a JV for this, and i'll invest whatever is needed to get it completed.

I think that would be a great idea, I think that might have been talked about before here but got pushed aside a few months ago.
pamamolf

Activity: 119

My passion in life is to help people.

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:30:42 PM

I think that would be a great idea, I think that might have been talked about before here but got pushed aside a few months ago.

I'd second that ... I haven't heard of that idea proposed yet, but shiiiit anything is better than the way things are going now.
MiLkz

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:37:11 PM

If someone locks or self moderates their thread we need to continue neg repping the shit out of them until the mods prevent it from happening.  

Only scammers use those features.  I don't think any member should have that ability inside the MARKETPLACE.  I do not care about any other forum, but most forums do not let their users do it at all.  

If you need to close your thread, edit the title and body to state it is now closed. (if and when changes are made)
kirch

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:39:48 PM

I have asked him to send a proof that any one who 'posted' vouches on  his "locked thread" has really sent him btc..(like a block chain transaction link)
He has not sent me any and instead he came up with excuse that he can't post pics on the site and next time he said he was legit as he was giving a free gift card in another thread ..LOL
thedanioner

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:41:44 PM

Thans for info  Smiley
zybik (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:47:27 PM

I have asked him to send a proof that any one who 'posted' vouches on  his "locked thread" has really sent him btc..(like a block chain transaction link)
He has not sent me any and instead he came up with excuse that he can't post pics on the site and next time he said he was legit as he was giving a free gift card in another thread ..LOL

He doesn't sound like a very good scammer if you ask me  Grin Grin Grin

Thans for info  Smiley

Glad I was able to help!
Sex/Money/Drugs

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:53:00 PM

I bought two times from mrbossman and he sent me the egifts both time. I messaged him about your thread because I refuse to do business with a scammer. He told me that you never done business with ever. If you can show me proof that he scammed you I will never do business with him again. Post up a picture like you did on this thread of him scamming you and I'll refuse business with him.
MiLkz

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:00:03 PM

I bought two times from mrbossman and he sent me the egifts both time. I messaged him about your thread because I refuse to do business with a scammer. He told me that you never done business with ever. If you can show me proof that he scammed you I will never do business with him again. Post up a picture like you did on this thread of him scamming you and I'll refuse business with him.

how about you show us proof that you did business with him..
MrBossMan

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:05:49 PM

OP is alt of chronicsky and many others which I could state. He is angry that I refused to do business with him because he wanted free egifts. Post up pics of me scamming you? I'm waiting...We never did business ever. Fuck off I reported your thread to mod and is trying to get you banned for accusing me of something when we never done business. Also, you posted in wrong thread. Haters gonna hate. Your just angry because I'm selling lots of egifts. Also, how can I fake giving $500 free Walmart egifts to many trusted hero accounts here? They would have been reported me if I didn't give them that.
zybik (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:06:39 PM

I don't have to do business with someone to be able to tell if they are scammer or not. And the fact that you are "MrBossMan" this is a horrible way to approach the situation. Show proof of all your successful deals and I'll remove this thread.
zybik (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:07:37 PM

OP is alt of chronicsky and many others which I could state. He is angry that I refused to do business with him because he wanted free egifts. Post up pics of me scamming you? I'm waiting...We never did business ever. Fuck off I reported your thread to mod and is trying to get you banned for accusing me of something when we never done business. Also, you posted in wrong thread. Haters gonna hate.

Show proof of all your successful deals. Also unlock your thread if you are a legit seller.
MrBossMan

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:09:08 PM

OP is alt of chronicsky and many others which I could state. He is angry that I refused to do business with him because he wanted free egifts. Post up pics of me scamming you? I'm waiting...We never did business ever. Fuck off I reported your thread to mod and is trying to get you banned for accusing me of something when we never done business. Also, you posted in wrong thread. Haters gonna hate.

Show proof of all your successful deals. Also unlock your thread if you are a legit seller.

I asked you a question first. Show me proof of me scamming you? I don't see anyone jumping on your thread who actually bought from me saying I scammed them right? Haters gonna hate.
zybik (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:09:47 PM

I asked you a question first. Show me proof of me scamming you?

Why does that matter, where did I state I was scammed by you? Other than the fact you are showing all the qualities of a piss poor scammer. We can go back and forth but at the end of the day you can't provide any proof you even have done 1 successful business deal.
pamamolf

Activity: 119

My passion in life is to help people.

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:12:18 PM

I asked you a question first. Show me proof of me scamming you? I don't see anyone jumping on your thread who actually bought from me saying I scammed them right? Haters gonna hate.

There wouldn't be anyone jumping on OPs thread that bought from you because NO ONE HAS BOUGHT FROM YOU.
MrBossMan

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:13:59 PM

Why does that matter, where did I state I was scammed by you? Other than the fact you are showing all the qualities of a piss poor scammer.

Your whole thread is calling me a scammer dickhead my question to you is provide proof of me scamming you? You cant run to a police and say that guy sells drugs and think that's all the proof you need. The police will ask you why you believe that and do you have proof. You called me out for no reason because I refused to give you free egifts. I gave away $500 already dick head go check out the thread. Only reason I lock my thread is because of dick heads like you who call people scammers without ever doing business with them.
MrBossMan

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:15:58 PM

There wouldn't be anyone jumping on OPs thread that bought from you because NO ONE HAS BOUGHT FROM YOU.

Yes, I'm sure all $500 Walmart egifts given to many hero trusted members of this community was all fake too? Your an idiot.
zybik (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:18:32 PM

Why does that matter, where did I state I was scammed by you? Other than the fact you are showing all the qualities of a piss poor scammer.

Your whole thread is calling me a scammer dickhead my question to you is provide proof of me scamming you? You cant run to a police and say that guy sells drugs and think that's all the proof you need. The police will ask you why you believe that and do you have proof. You called me out for no reason because I refused to give you free egifts. I gave away $500 already dock head go check out the thread. Only reason I lock my thread is because of dock heads like you who call people scammers without ever doing business with them.

Show proof I even asked you for a free gift? Lol This is ridiculous. See if I were you in your shoes and I was a legit seller I would put an end to this by showing proof of my $1000s of dollars of deals through the blockchain. People are smarter than you think, give it a rest and close the scam thread.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: