Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:01:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are negative trust ratings for?  (Read 1977 times)
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:45:26 AM

Mexxer, I've removed the neg by the way - it served it's purpose.
Well then, since you stopped the promotion of the ponzi schemescam in the interval according to my "Policy" I suppose I should remove the tag.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 10:50:24 AM

Got to admit that the trust system here is flawed as anyone can leave a trust rating without being sure that the other person is trusted or not. DT members have certain responsibility while leaving ratings but some have misused their power in the past and have left ratings for personal reasons even though it's mentioned to mark a negative if you consider the person is a scammer. It happens a lot with escrows who leave a positive rating when any users uses their services and it happened with escrow.ms leaving random ratings. People who own ponzis, buy accounts with a positive trust, sell illegal goods, scam users and default on a loan should definitely be marked negative.

Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:22:32 AM

Basically, with each individual, they have a trust rating. You should take notice and keep in mind that anyone can leave feedback. There are certain members of the community who are "Default Trust" (DT). Individuals who are (DT) are generally trusted by people who have substantial reputation,trading history or have been active for quite some time. A negative trust rating is basically a indicator that the person you are dealing with should be dealt with discretion. You should avoid those who have negative trust because it is generally received for doing something wrong. Various things that can get you negative trust include scamming, ponzis, defaulting on loans, and other frowned upon activities that are not legal. You should be familiar with who you are dealing with and after quite a while, you know who to trust and who is a reputable person.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:48:42 AM

You have to be a trusted member of Bitcointalk to even leave a trusted rating on someone else's profile. So you can't really abuse the trust system.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:37:12 PM

I need to know what negative trust ratings are for
To my knowledge, negative trust is left on the accounts of those who are scammers or those that the person leaving the trust think that are scammers but I have been seeing people leave negative trust for reasons that have nothing to do with scamming, just their opinion

When I look on the trust page, I see the following,
Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.

If a person leaves negative trust for none of the above reasons, is it not abuse of the system?

I see what you did there.

Giving an ISIS supporter who uses his avatar to subliminally promote violence is something that should be defended. So what if there is no way of stopping him from brandishing hate as long as he doesn't post anything promoting hate?

So everyone around him just has to shut the fuck up because he has the right to support an illegal terrorist organisation that many countries are currently at war with.

Fuck the people who died in Paris. Fuck the people who drown each day escaping the terrorists. Fuck the people who get their heads cut off because it's cheaper than raising money for advertising.

Let him brandish hate in peace.

But, wait.  If he is allowed to be involved with profiting from a currency project, won't he use that profit to fund terrorist activities? Go head, defend his fucking rights.

Yeah, I don't trust someone who is actively promoting taking over the world by means of violence.  Even if it is just a fucking avatar.  It stands for something and innocent people die each day for what that avatar stands for.

So get me fucking banned for giving a terrorist supporter negative trust.  That would be so ironic, but as long as it sits well with your moral compass.

Let's just finish that thought off with a question as to why r/btc exists?  Rules can be broken, but not when it comes to letting terrorist supporters spread their cancer among us.

If you think he is a scammer and you strongly belive it, -ve him. its that easy. If you cant stand other people support things you dont like, you are to weak for the world.

Your Point Is Invalid (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 01:46:52 PM

I need to know what negative trust ratings are for
To my knowledge, negative trust is left on the accounts of those who are scammers or those that the person leaving the trust think that are scammers but I have been seeing people leave negative trust for reasons that have nothing to do with scamming, just their opinion

When I look on the trust page, I see the following,
Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.

If a person leaves negative trust for none of the above reasons, is it not abuse of the system?

I see what you did there.

Giving an ISIS supporter who uses his avatar to subliminally promote violence is something that should be defended. So what if there is no way of stopping him from brandishing hate as long as he doesn't post anything promoting hate?

So everyone around him just has to shut the fuck up because he has the right to support an illegal terrorist organisation that many countries are currently at war with.

Fuck the people who died in Paris. Fuck the people who drown each day escaping the terrorists. Fuck the people who get their heads cut off because it's cheaper than raising money for advertising.

Let him brandish hate in peace.

But, wait.  If he is allowed to be involved with profiting from a currency project, won't he use that profit to fund terrorist activities? Go head, defend his fucking rights.

Yeah, I don't trust someone who is actively promoting taking over the world by means of violence.  Even if it is just a fucking avatar.  It stands for something and innocent people die each day for what that avatar stands for.

So get me fucking banned for giving a terrorist supporter negative trust.  That would be so ironic, but as long as it sits well with your moral compass.

Let's just finish that thought off with a question as to why r/btc exists?  Rules can be broken, but not when it comes to letting terrorist supporters spread their cancer among us.
You guys are incredibly stupid if you think this guy has nothing at all to do with isis, he just put the flag there to get some attention and you guys have given him that attention, the negative trust will trick new users into thinking the guy is legit isis, when his trust waz neutral, no-one took him seriously and we all knew he was trying to attract attention

whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 03:26:50 PM

I've been told that plenty of people have taken him seriously and his precence has been an issue on a number of fronts and to a number of people.  There is evidence that was the case, not just interpretation or supposition.

My complete objection to his ability to promote hate by brandishing a hate image and tagline that states his support to take over is sufficient evidence that one or more people are affected by him.

It's easy to say he is harmless when you have zero evidence to the contrary.

I'm pissed because a core member of our dev team walked away from a years worth of work because of this harmless ISIS avatar.  So execuse me if i disagree with your view that it has no impact.  

I had him on ignore for months. But ignoring cancer doesn't work. Turning a blind eye lets the cancer grow.

Fuck his rights to quietly brandish hate and support the destruction of thousands of years of historical artefacts and world heritage sites because the sysmbols on those historic buildings showed images that they disagreed with.  They take images seriously, but we should not?

Yeah, fuck that.I don't trust him. Neg'd the fucker so others know he is a cancer and not to be trusted.

Countrys like USA, UK or Germany (just to name a few) killed more people for their belives than ISIS ever will. I dont see you moan about YPII (sorry mate i cant recall another member with a flag).

Why not blame the USA, arent we in this situation because they messed up?  

EDIT: I am not supporting that guy, its just what came up my mind. Not saying i dont care about it.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: