Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:07:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best GPU's For Mining?  (Read 74383 times)
Bemerand

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 07:35:11 PM

The 380X seems to be the best middle ground for space + buy in cost + ROI.
What motherboard would be best for doing a 4x380X setup? Or do you recommend using something like pci risers to keep them out of the case and put them in milk crates like old times?

The best motherboard for mining is the ASrock H81 pro btc. It is very solid and price is not high either.

I use the Asrock H61 and H81 pro BTC, they are working very well, you do not need to short the card presence pin.

Thank you both!
Since it only has one x16 slot, I assume it was designed to have the cards outside the case for the rest of them.
Which Risers did you use?

You can use either the USB or the flat cable riser. If you use the flat cable, you need to plug the two molex socket on the mother board.

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 04:53:15 AM

What motherboard would be best for doing a 4x380X setup? Or do you recommend using something like pci risers to keep them out of the case and put them in milk crates like old times?

The best motherboard for mining is the ASrock H81 pro btc. It is very solid and price is not high either.

I use the Asrock H61 and H81 pro BTC, they are working very well, you do not need to short the card presence pin.

Thank you both!
Since it only has one x16 slot, I assume it was designed to have the cards outside the case for the rest of them.

You can use either the USB or the flat cable riser. If you use the flat cable, you need to plug the two molex socket on the mother board.

Which brand and model do you recommend?

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:41:09 AM

Thank you both!

brand for riser? they are all the same, just don't buy from chinese on ebay, high % of having many not working, and result in burning your gpu

i'm buying from a german guy on ebay, his risers are very good, all working for me, no issue
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:36:01 PM

Thank you both!

brand for riser? they are all the same, just don't buy from chinese on ebay, high % of having many not working, and result in burning your gpu

i'm buying from a german guy on ebay, his risers are very good, all working for me, no issue

Is that USB riser made in Germany or made in China? I have all my risers from China, all working well.
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:43:17 AM

+1 for stay away chinese usb riser on ebay. I bought 5 and more than 50% of them are not working... Angry
Junamalik

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:49:50 AM

+1 for stay away chinese usb riser on ebay. I bought 5 and more than 50% of them are not working... Angry
i prefered buy hardware near from my place, it's high risk to buy hardware from other country

Juantzy

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:28:06 AM

Looking into building a rig for mining XMR ect. What are the best GPU's for that right now?

Thanks for the help and this should help newbies in there research as well. Also I'm not looking for necessarily energy efficiency more hash power I know 290s are good but price wise better to get 280s and run them in crossfire or sli?
N card is best,like GTX980.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:20:17 AM

Thank you both!

Is that USB riser made in Germany or made in China? I have all my risers from China, all working well.

i don't know, but i know that risers from china soem times are defective
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 10:32:16 AM

Thank you both!
Can you send me a link?

Can you send me a link?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 10:50:41 AM

Thank you both!
Can you send me a link?

Can you send me a link?

this in english, i payed 5 euro at first and then 7 euro, now they are at 8 euro apprently he is rising the price, too much demand i think

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEU-25cm-Extender-Riser-Flex-Kabel-PCI-E-PCIe-x16-Karte-x1-Slot-Cable-/291076040426?hash=item43c57be6ea:g:tu8AAOxyiRlSbV2F
PeaMine

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:15:20 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2016, 06:55:22 PM by PeaMine

What about these?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EUW4F4K?psc=1
Without the ribbon cable, are these recommended?

Also the 390 with 8GB of RAM should be able to get around 30MH correct?

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
dumpida

Activity: 722

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 12:50:04 PM

What about these?

The 390 should get around 30MH/s when the Core frequency is around 1060mHz and memory 1250MHz.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
amirheavy666

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

NEM (XEM) Top Coin

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:18:01 AM

I have R9 390X and have around 27MHZ now in windows 10...Just for you information and your future action

Nem.io
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:37:59 AM

What about these?

The 390 should get around 30MH/s when the Core frequency is around 1060mHz and memory 1250MHz.

Try 625 mhz mem, you will still get 30MH/s  Smiley
Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:52:48 AM

What about these?

Try 625 mhz mem, you will still get 30MH/s  Smiley

In order to get 30MH/s, 1125 MHz is the minimum. Have you tried the 625 MHz memory frequency yourself?
PeaMine

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:49:22 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2016, 01:00:44 PM by PeaMine

What about these?

Try 625 mhz mem, you will still get 30MH/s  Smiley

In order to get 30MH/s, 1125 MHz is the minimum. Have you tried the 625 MHz memory frequency yourself?

Just tried it on my 290X, I get the same rates, 27-28MH, however Overdrive and the miner still report 1250mhz, so could just be a fluke.
But Afterburner shows 650Mhz

Falmant

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:52:43 PM

What about these?

Try 625 mhz mem, you will still get 30MH/s  Smiley

Just tried it on my 290X, I get the same rates, 27-28MH, however Overdrive and the miner still report 1250mhz, so could just be a fluke.
But Afterburner shows 650Mhz

What does the GPUZ show? It is impossible for the miner to reach 27 with 650 MHz.  If I change the memory to 750 MHz, it is 21 MH/s.
PeaMine

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 06:53:13 AM

Will have to check GPU-Z to validate.

Also I got a 390 and 390X, sadly both volt locked.  So my -100mv 290X can almost reach a 390 stock.
Windows 10, latest AMD drivers, getting 29-31MH, 33MH with extreme overclocking.
390X runs a bit cooler and can crank out higher engine OC, but I need to upgrade my PSU to make things safe to test long term.

I have not messed with memory clocks, as I'm happy with those speeds, but curious if anyone else has feedback.

FruitBucket

Activity: 286

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 07:10:46 AM

Will have to check GPU-Z to validate.

Also I got a 390 and 390X, sadly both volt locked.  So my -100mv 290X can almost reach a 390 stock.
Windows 10, latest AMD drivers, getting 29-31MH, 33MH with extreme overclocking.
390X runs a bit cooler and can crank out higher engine OC, but I need to upgrade my PSU to make things safe to test long term.

I have not messed with memory clocks, as I'm happy with those speeds, but curious if anyone else has feedback.

You can use the HawaiiBiosReader to modify the voltage to be lower than the stock. It will save you lots of energy.

Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 07:17:19 AM

so it seems that the new 470 is better than the 480? same bus but less consumption

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: