Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best GPU's For Mining?  (Read 74383 times)
zef316

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:10:39 AM

I am new in mining and also i dont have graphics card in the computer. I am looking for the normal graphics card for the mining which i can buy and can use for the mining through my own pc. i have quad core processor. so please suggest me a good graphics card. Here in my country these are much costly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:33:31 AM

I am new in mining and also i dont have graphics card in the computer. I am looking for the normal graphics card for the mining which i can buy and can use for the mining through my own pc. i have quad core processor. so please suggest me a good graphics card. Here in my country these are much costly.

like it was said for beginners that don't want to spend too much the 470/480 4gb is the best option right now, you can mine both etheruem and zcash with a decent profit
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:01:15 PM

hello, anyone can help mio whit mod bios of rx480 red devil 8 gb? thanks
ether19

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

BTC. ETC. EOS

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 11:29:22 AM

I'm good with my XFX RX 480 8 GB cards. 3 GPU's mining at 80 Mh/s overall with 60 W power draw of each according to GPU-Z (of course I know that it's far from being accurate). Not much of overclocking done because I don't want my any of the GPU's to die or to lower the life duration.

You are doing okay and I think that is pretty nice, you also should not overclock it because it can get you into trouble and its also that its really lowers the life duration significantly.
These cards are by the way pretty powerful so that is nice.

What is to get into trouble for overclocking? If it doesn't work revert, it not like the overclocking police are going to come to your house, lol.

Also, it is not the overclocking that will lower a devices lifespan, it is the heat and/or too much voltage. If you can overclock a little, and in many cases with the BIOS mods, under-volt at the same time, you will not only lower the voltages going through your card, you will significantly lower the heat being generated thus prolonging the lifespan of your card.

As with all things moderation is the key, but for me I can pull a fresh RX 470 out of the box and get 22-23 MHash/s out of it with it reading about 70-80 Watts on GPUz and ~120 W at the wall. I can apply a simple BIOS mod, lower the default GPU clock, increase the memory clock, and reduce voltages a bit and up my hashrate to ~27-28 MHash/s while at the same time reducing my GPUz reading to around 50-60W and at the wall to under 100 W.

There is nothing wrong, illegal, or immoral about this. It is simply re-tuning the GPU for a different purpose (mining) than what it was tuned for at the factory (gaming). Considering these cards have the lowest common denominator for settings so that the absolute worst binned part will perform ok, in most cases there are significant improvements to be made over factory defaults.

Overclocking done right can give the most performance out of the cards. At the same time if one is not good at overclocking, it is best to leave it alone. I am totally new to overclocking GPUs safely. Do you have any good tutorials or links to good videos to start with? I am sure experience is the best teacher, but I don't want to burn any GPUs trying to overclocking it especially  when I can take good advises from the experts in bct. 
Qutmin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 02:16:34 PM

I'm good with my XFX RX 480 8 GB cards. 3 GPU's mining at 80 Mh/s overall with 60 W power draw of each according to GPU-Z (of course I know that it's far from being accurate). Not much of overclocking done because I don't want my any of the GPU's to die or to lower the life duration.

You are doing okay and I think that is pretty nice, you also should not overclock it because it can get you into trouble and its also that its really lowers the life duration significantly.
These cards are by the way pretty powerful so that is nice.

What is to get into trouble for overclocking? If it doesn't work revert, it not like the overclocking police are going to come to your house, lol.

Also, it is not the overclocking that will lower a devices lifespan, it is the heat and/or too much voltage. If you can overclock a little, and in many cases with the BIOS mods, under-volt at the same time, you will not only lower the voltages going through your card, you will significantly lower the heat being generated thus prolonging the lifespan of your card.

As with all things moderation is the key, but for me I can pull a fresh RX 470 out of the box and get 22-23 MHash/s out of it with it reading about 70-80 Watts on GPUz and ~120 W at the wall. I can apply a simple BIOS mod, lower the default GPU clock, increase the memory clock, and reduce voltages a bit and up my hashrate to ~27-28 MHash/s while at the same time reducing my GPUz reading to around 50-60W and at the wall to under 100 W.

There is nothing wrong, illegal, or immoral about this. It is simply re-tuning the GPU for a different purpose (mining) than what it was tuned for at the factory (gaming). Considering these cards have the lowest common denominator for settings so that the absolute worst binned part will perform ok, in most cases there are significant improvements to be made over factory defaults.

Overclocking done right can give the most performance out of the cards. At the same time if one is not good at overclocking, it is best to leave it alone. I am totally new to overclocking GPUs safely. Do you have any good tutorials or links to good videos to start with? I am sure experience is the best teacher, but I don't want to burn any GPUs trying to overclocking it especially  when I can take good advises from the experts in bct. 

You are right. But the mining profitability is not so high now. So if you pay high electricity cost, it is better to downclock.
thedue

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 03:58:03 PM

Can someone tell me why the 4GB HIS Radeon RX 470 iCooler OC does only consume 75W instead of 120W like "normal" RX470 gpus?! Couldn´t find any difference so far.
dumpida

Activity: 722

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:25:27 AM

Can someone tell me why the 4GB HIS Radeon RX 470 iCooler OC does only consume 75W instead of 120W like "normal" RX470 gpus?! Couldn´t find any difference so far.

There is no way that  4GB HIS Radeon RX 470 iCooler OC does only consume 75W instead of 120W like "normal" RX470 gpus.

They might talk about the GPUZ power readout.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
szafa

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 07:52:08 PM

What you think about gtx titan x and gtx 1080?
xxjacksonxx

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 11:12:45 PM

Hi i'm going to buy gpu gtx 1070 is good for mining Shocked
Dark-m-u

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 12:00:00 AM

30MH rom for Saphire RX470 4GB Elpida
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1710085.0
xxjacksonxx

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 04:38:18 AM

Hi i'm going to buy gpu gtx 1070 is good for mining Shocked
xxjacksonxx

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 05:22:44 AM

Hello I want to know if the gtx 1070 is good for mining and if it is profitable to conquer it and if possible you can tell me when money gives every day many thanks
Umister

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:19:42 AM

Hello I want to know if the gtx 1070 is good for mining and if it is profitable to conquer it and if possible you can tell me when money gives every day many thanks

GTX 1070 is good for mining, it is very efficient. but it is too expensive.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1707546.0
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:11:40 AM

GTX 1070 is a poor choice for mining as it costs about 2x vs many RX 470 and some RX480 cards, but mines about the same hashrate.

The only reason I have a BUNCH of them is that my intended usage for them isn't mining - they're just mining to help pay their cost while the mining is profitable.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:41:14 AM

GTX 1070 is a poor choice for mining as it costs about 2x vs many RX 470 and some RX480 cards, but mines about the same hashrate.

The only reason I have a BUNCH of them is that my intended usage for them isn't mining - they're just mining to help pay their cost while the mining is profitable.

A GTX 1070 is very good card for gaming and mining as a hobby.
For a gpu farm, semi professional mining, amd card are a better choice (less expensive -> less initial investment, similar hashrate on most important algo, but higher power usage, better ROI).

A small miner may aims at less popular coins, without pools or big exchange and have a higher profit per card.... A gtx 1070 is very good for spreadcoin for instance (a small interesting coin on bittrex with low volume), or lbry ( not a small coin).
elgi76

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 12:17:47 PM

you can show this too :

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/#/equipment

for me, the best choice is sapphire nitro rx470 8gb.
it's cheap, consume is very low.
with zcash gpuz and hwinfo show 70W, with eth 100W, with anorak's ps mod bios.
Panoqtiqm

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 01:12:03 PM

Before we start, if you’re new to Bitcoin mining and don’t know what it is watch this short and simple explanation, For me the best bitcoin mining GPU is the Antminer S9 with hash power of 14.0 TH/s for $3,000 dollars but if you buy this you are also trouble in the electricity but this is worth is for me this is the best GPU for mining if you give me to chance to buy this why not heheh :)Bitcoin is the new hot thing. It is a virtual cryptocurrency that is distributed or "minted" by having computers do SHA-256 calculations often called hashing. This currency can be used as payment online and entirely decentralized so it can be transferred quickly and is nearly untraceable and has little to no transaction fees.It is easy to earn yourself some bitcoins by employing an idle gpu to do these hashes so you may have your piece of the Bitcoin pie. The first step of getting on your way to earning bitcoins is getting a wallet. You have several options, but in this tutorial I will be walking you through the vanilla bitcoin-qt. You will want to acquire this by going to http://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet You can find a lot of interesting info on the official bitcoin website and if you are curious about the specifics of how it works, they have a very informative video on the front page that you may want to watch.I drew an arrow to point out the bitcoin-qt icon. You can click on this to bring you to the download of the client. Download this and it should be your usual installation process that you are accustomed to in windows or mac or linux.
xxjacksonxx

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 01:57:56 PM

A GTX 1070 is very good card for gaming and mining as a hobby.
For a gpu farm, semi professional mining, amd card are a better choice (less expensive -> less initial investment, similar hashrate on most important algo, but higher power usage, better ROI).

A small miner may aims at less popular coins, without pools or big exchange and have a higher profit per card.... A gtx 1070 is very good for spreadcoin for instance (a small interesting coin on bittrex with low volume), or lbry ( not a small coin).
so what gpu for the professional mining I recommend that I buy that the investment is good but I can recover the invested ... and if you can tell me exactly what you are buying for a PC of 6 gpu miner you would be very pleased

xxjacksonxx

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:30:41 PM

so what gpu for the professional mining I recommend that I buy that the investment is good but I can recover the invested ... and if you can tell me exactly what you are buying for a PC of 6 gpu miner you would be very pleased
jimmy_007vn

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 01:02:30 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814150775
Does anyone here use this before?? i need some review regarding to card's temperature and fan noise level.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: