Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:38:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Economical Confederation for the Prohibition of Bitcoins  (Read 1419 times)
seafunk (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:36:35 AM

Yes, you read right. I translated the name from German to English. I'm a little afraid now, that my freshly bought coins will quickly drop in value... :/

I mean, I still think this is a beautiful idea, it just seems to be a huge thread to the other currencies and gouvernments will outlaw payment with bitcoins sometime soon which will then mean a loose in trust into the currency and a massive drop in value. If these coins cannot be used to be through ebay for example it would almost render them useless imho.

Pretty frustrating thought, so let's hope it's not going to happen!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:39:33 AM

After reading this my first thought was, "seafunk is probably involved with the Economical Confederation for the Prohibition of Bitcoins and is trolololing here trying scare people away from bitcoin.   Cool

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
oneforall

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:43:31 AM

I don't think he is lying, how else would he be able to provide all those refrences and all that proof? Just look at all that proof! It's rediculous!  Shocked
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:44:14 AM

I'm sure we will see a large crash someday, it might be when/if mybitcoin.com gets hacked and loses everyone's funds, it might be if a govt declares Bitcoin illegal. It won't be the end, though, unless prices crash so low that mining is no longer profitable.

Personally I think this is unlikely; bitcoin has so many useful characteristics that I think it would hold most of its value in the middle term in such a crash scenario, although it might drop reallly low for a bit.

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
oneforall

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:49:17 AM

...it might be when/if mybitcoin.com gets hacked and loses everyone's funds...

Only a fool would keep a substantial amount of his total bitcoins in another mans purse.

--Winnie The Pooh
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:53:08 AM

Only a fool would keep a substantial amount of his total bitcoins in another mans purse.

--Winnie The Pooh

One day we might see the formation of an Economical Confederation for the Prohibition of Bitcoins.  That's the day you'll want to sell all your bitcoins.

-- Abraham Lincoln, 1863

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
oneforall

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:01:32 AM

--Winnie The Pooh

One day we might see the formation of an Economical Confederation for the Prohibition of Bitcoins.  That's the day you'll want to sell all your bitcoins.

-- Abraham Lincoln, 1863

I for one, would not be surprised to learn that the ECPB hired Mr. Booth.
-- Mary Todd Lincoln, April 1, 1865
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:07:06 AM

Why are you afraid? They are the ones who are afraid. These old fools are getting weaker while we grow more powerful. With each day that we are still here their chances of failure and oblivion are increased.
Ruxum

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:08:01 AM

If Germany were to outlaw it wouldn't Bitcoin get tons of press and possibly be worth even more.  

Then every country would have to systematically get "banning Bitcoin" legislation through their governments.  

I can't see it hurting Bitcoin that much.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:12:23 AM

Time to start an Economical Confederation for the Prohibition of Government.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
andrew_jacksun

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:59:31 AM

in germany it's illegal to deny the holocaust existed, or to do current forensic research.
in china, it's illegal to suggest a different type of government.

nice going citizens, my bet is on yall being too unorganized to stop any legislation
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: