Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 06:19:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I join a pool?  (Read 348 times)
kaetzchen (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 01:41:07 AM

First off, I'm very new to everything. I figured out how to get BTC mining working, joined a pool and a day later laughed at the 10 satoshi I made. After that I went looking into other coins, ended up here reading about ETH got it up and running and today I'm actively mining. I'm not looking to make a lot of money and i'm not interested in buying any new parts to make it more efficient. My gpu is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, I run windows 7, power cost is .06 kWh, and my hashrate is 6 MH/s.

Would it be to my advantage to join a pool? I'm feeling a bit lazy atm so the thought of joining one just to see how it goes isn't very appealing, however I am interested in the long run and if it would make a difference I would rather figure it all out now.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:19:54 AM

You definitely should. With your hashrate you'd need ~28 days to find a block on average with the current difficulty.

And of course you need a great internet connection to solomine successfully, especially when the time between blocks is so small as it is for Eth (17-18 seconds).

Not your keys, not your coins!
kaetzchen (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:38:47 AM

Oh wow I didn't know it would take that long to find one  Shocked thanks for letting me know!
CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 05:44:42 AM

Oh wow I didn't know it would take that long to find one  Shocked thanks for letting me know!

Pools are definitely the best choice. You can even use multipools that pay out in your selected crypto.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: