Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:53:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: i heard bitcoin illegal in Taiwan...why?  (Read 12999 times)
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 04:49:46 PM

is there any single country where bitcoin is legal. although there are some steps have been take in favour of bitcoin to legalize it but yet there is not a sing country who properly legalize bitcoin up to now. may be same is the case in Taiwan.

Yes, there are a lot of countries where it is legal to own/use bitcoins, although they may not be legal tender.
If governments are giving licences to companies which deal in bitcoin, then they are definitely legal.

can you mention a single country and do you have any proof. i think these are such kind of countries who have yet not given any statement about bitcoin. they have not legalize it not banned it. therefore people are doing trade and using it openly there.
abugseuf

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 01:33:14 PM

is there any single country where bitcoin is legal. although there are some steps have been take in favour of bitcoin to legalize it but yet there is not a sing country who properly legalize bitcoin up to now. may be same is the case in Taiwan.

Yes, there are a lot of countries where it is legal to own/use bitcoins, although they may not be legal tender.
If governments are giving licences to companies which deal in bitcoin, then they are definitely legal.

can you mention a single country and do you have any proof. i think these are such kind of countries who have yet not given any statement about bitcoin. they have not legalize it not banned it. therefore people are doing trade and using it openly there.
yes our country also yet not given any statement about bitcoin. we have no idea that either bitcoin is legal here or not. but still we are using it. i am hopeful that our govt will have positive thinking about bitcoin and they are going to legalize it.
zodin

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:44:45 AM

yes our country also yet not given any statement about bitcoin. we have no idea that either bitcoin is legal here or not. but still we are using it. i am hopeful that our govt will have positive thinking about bitcoin and they are going to legalize it.
yes every country has their own rules and regulation. in some countries it is consider it as legal. where as it is consider it as illegal. but yet some states have no reaction about bitcoin. either it is legal there or not.
Cresciuanto

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:00:49 PM

yes and that is not only the problem of Taiwan but so many other countries are also facing these problems. i thin with the passage of time these problems will be solve.
youhgt2

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:25:17 PM

i think it is not onlyillegal in taiwan but i think it is still banned in so many other countries of the world.
Maesters1-

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 09:38:09 AM

i think it is not onlyillegal in taiwan but i think it is still banned in so many other countries of the world.
to me i think not a sing country has yet banned bitcoin, as we can see people from all most all the countries of the world in bitcoin forum, but still so many countries have not officially legalize bitcoin.
StoreBit

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 09:22:43 PM

really?? i found this article
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-taiwan-retail-familymart/
what's the truth legal or illegal using bitcoin in taiwan?
to be honest i'm very gratefull due to the regulation in my country that never banned bitcoin, even thought The government has stated that the bitcoin is not  currency or legal payment in our country but we can still trade it like stock as like as gold,oil etc

exactly, so far no country that i know of has banned bitcoin. you can still use bitcoin, buy and hold it.
they just don't want to see it be used as a payment method in the businesses and that is because they have not set rules for its regulation and taxes.
yes i am agree with you i think it is a fact there is still not a single country which have banned bitcoin, therefore i think it is not true news however if some one there from Taiwan he can answer to this question,
arcanaaerobics

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 11:01:05 AM

yesterday i heard that using of bitcoin illegal in Taiwan i don't guess why in some country its legal and in some like Taiwan is illegal?

The governments have fear of decentralized coins because they will collect less taxes and the cryptocurrency can reduce the local fiat value if a lot of people start to using bitcoin or other alt. Well, that's the power of the bitcoin!
PsursV

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 07:34:22 PM

yesterday i heard that using of bitcoin illegal in Taiwan i don't guess why in some country its legal and in some like Taiwan is illegal?

The governments have fear of decentralized coins because they will collect less taxes and the cryptocurrency can reduce the local fiat value if a lot of people start to using bitcoin or other alt. Well, that's the power of the bitcoin!
yes that is the real reason that government do not want to accept a decentralize currency which will reduce their tax revenue and will degrade the fiat currency of the state therefore the governments are not going to accept bitcoin in present time.
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:12:41 PM

Every country is free to make law about what they consider is best for their citizens and for her own sovereignty>Government of Taiwan might consider bitcoin not good for their people and country(although they are wrong) thats why they declared it illegal.Other countries who have declared btc legal may have their resons

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
rifat shaheen

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:44:00 AM

i think it is not only illegal in taiwaan but also illegal in so many other countries but still people are using it there.
gooshtea

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 11:27:02 AM

This is normal. Some countries do not recognize bitcoin, let bitcoin circulation in the market, worried that bitcoin will replace the money, became the main currency, while the government has no exact documents to regulate bitcoin, will ban bitcoin. But I believe that bitcoin will be accepted by more and more countries over time, which is inevitable.
satdas

Activity: 281

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 10:00:37 PM

i have no personal idea about this, but i think bitcoin is still not banned or consider as illegal in any state of the world, actually not a sing country has yet give any statement about bitcoin, therefore people are using it as legal currency.
kollo99

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 08:22:31 PM

i think bitcoin is not even illegal in Taiwan, but i think it is also illegal in so may other countries, but in fact it is not illegal any where in the world because still not a single country consider bitcoin as illegal therefore it is not still illegal anywhere in the world.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 10:56:34 PM

i have no personal idea about it that either it is really illegal in Taiwan or not, because to me still not a sing country yet consider bitcoin as illegal currency,
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:13:03 AM

Some of the countries just ban it because they have doubt that in their country the criminals will have opportunity to use bitcoin easily for their crimes so they without any further investigation ban bitcoin which is not good as bitcoin is mostly used for the advance world digital businesses.
dana pani

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:47:42 AM

i think it is not illegal there because still not a single country consider bitcoin as illegal.
ivanpoldark

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:41:55 AM

Drug traffickers have long been used digital money to their dark schemes. The appearance of Bitcoins should not greatly affect the situation.
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:33:34 PM

Every country is free to make law about what they consider is best for their citizens and for her own sovereignty>Government of Taiwan might consider bitcoin not good for their people and country(although they are wrong) thats why they declared it illegal.Other countries who have declared btc legal may have their resons
yes in fact every country make their own rules regulation and their own law for their citizen and they always prepare their policies according to their own needs, therefore may be Taiwan banned bitcoin but i am hopeful that a time will come when they will allow people to use bitcoin as it will be the need of time.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 08:35:38 AM

I dont think so, better have a research before jumping into conclusion.

Bitcoin has been “unbanned” in Taiwan. Well, that’s not exactly accurate. Sources are claiming that the digital currency was never banned in Taiwan in the first place, despite Central News Agency’s — one of Taiwan’s largest media outlets — recent report that the country’s Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) labeled bitcoin and digital currencies “illegal.” The words are attributed to Tseng Ming-Chung, an FSC officer who during a legislative hearing, allegedly referred to digital currencies as “unlawful.”

Source: http://bitcoinist.net/taiwan-there-is-no-bitcoin-ban/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: