Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:51:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Web Developer/Developer Required to build Dice/Game Site [10% Profit Offered]  (Read 575 times)
succeed (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 12:38:01 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 05:23:14 AM by succeed

Hello friends, I am new to this forum, but I am not new to the whole Bitcoin environment. I want to hire a developer who can actually build a dice site/game website, which would be a combination of both dice, and would have other games like, odd-even game with 5 seconds timer (like in secondstrade). I want it to be on-chain like satoshibones (for dice), and like secondstrade/LuckyBit. I do not know anything about programming, except for very basic HTML, CSS & JavaScript. So, I want you to do it for me. I have bitcoins and I am ready to pay for it. Domain, Hosting and everything wont cost much. The domain has already been bought by me from Namecheap. All I have is just 3.56 BTC that I have from which I will also have to pay customers if they win the game. So, developers please send me a PM to let me know your pricing to do all this. I need to purchase only the hosting and we can set it up. Here's the proof that I actually do have the funds.

http://coinig.com/?adr=15zokYwZZT7edheRabpVgYAkCLpCuHGJB1&msg=Hello%2C+this+is+succeed+from+BTCT.+And+this+is+the+proof+that+I+own+this+address.&sig=IJcbKQ%2B0lnBPjhcNa11n0UqZlZsw9XBgfpAzMwhU5fO7awqGCgBxOy%2FwrqjgTurnhY8iPiXoKMExpE7b%2FQkKfoA%3D

Hello, this is succeed from BTCT. And this is the proof that I own this address.

Address:
Code:
15zokYwZZT7edheRabpVgYAkCLpCuHGJB1

Sign:
Code:
IJcbKQ+0lnBPjhcNa11n0UqZlZsw9XBgfpAzMwhU5fO7awqGCgBxOy/wrqjgTurnhY8iPiXoKMExpE7b/QkKfoA=

I can be offer to give the developer 10% of the site profit if he continues to work for the site and keeps it up. If the site runs in loss, only I will bear the loss.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:18:32 PM

All I have is just 3.56 BTC
A good coder will ask a lot more than that and how are you going to pay if someone won BIG ?

yo
succeed (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:54:14 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 05:20:43 AM by succeed

A good coder will ask a lot more than that and how are you going to pay if someone won BIG ?

I know it's a tough task but I can offer 1 BTC or at max 1.25 BTC, provided it looks completely new. Since it's on chain, I was thinking of fixing the max bet size so, I can offer payout even if someone wins big. I definitely have more funds with me that I am not disclosing here as I do not want to spend all the my BTC into this dice website.
Angell

Activity: 565
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:14:24 PM

More than 3.56BTC? What? I'm a developer, and anyone who asks more than 1BTC for a site like that doesn't know what he is talking about.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:47:22 PM

More than 3.56BTC? What? I'm a developer, and anyone who asks more than 1BTC for a site like that doesn't know what he is talking about.
I'm quite sure a good web developer will ask around 2BTC or more for the job.Provided he is writing his custom scripts and have a solid backend resistant to all the attacks.The OP wants a gambling website and you can image what heights people can reach to cheat,the website must be protective of its server scripts which shouldn't be manipulative and such.Definitely an experienced coder is needed for the job.
succeed (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:19:16 AM

That is what I think too. I can be offer to give the developer 10% of the site profit if he continues to work for the site and keep it up.

I'm quite sure a good web developer will ask around 2BTC or more for the job.Provided he is writing his custom scripts and have a solid backend resistant to all the attacks.The OP wants a gambling website and you can image what heights people can reach to cheat,the website must be protective of its server scripts which shouldn't be manipulative and such.Definitely an experienced coder is needed for the job.

But 2 BTC is like 860$. Thats literally too much.
succeed (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:36:27 AM

Slowly I will increase the limits as the game grows old and I make some profit so I can pay the big winners too.
JackpotRacer
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1014

All Games incl Racer and Lottery game are Closed

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:40:46 AM

Slowly I will increase the limits as the game grows old and I make some profit so I can pay the big winners too.

my tip for you would be to checkout moneypot.com and start with a game app there

Please check my Scam accusation against 👉 Blackjack.fun 👈 to be always up to date
                       👇🏿👇👇👇👇👇👇👇🏿
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5474047.0
succeed (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:45:05 AM

my tip for you would be to checkout moneypot.com and start with a game app there

But I want to host it on my own domain.
JackpotRacer
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:57:19 AM

But I want to host it on my own domain.

you can host it and have your own domain as we did it with all our games. just check it out Smiley
it was just a tip and IMO a good one

Please check my Scam accusation against 👉 Blackjack.fun 👈 to be always up to date
                       👇🏿👇👇👇👇👇👇👇🏿
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1295

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 08:14:20 AM

Just a few notes:

- 1, 2 or even 3 coins will be not enough for a good and trusted developer. You might find a developer, but IMO expect bad results, a developer who will cheat you or/and a very insecure site that can be easily hacked. 10% profit sounds fun, but as a developer I can easily just make this site for myself and make 100% of the profit.
- Sounds like you also need a designer, this also costs money.
- On-chain is possible, but I think with the increasing blocksize, you probably should look into off-chain games. IMO those site that you mentioned, should also consider switching.
- You should have a max profit per bet of 0.5-1% of your bankroll. If you have 2 BTC as bankroll, the max profit per bet should be max 0.02 and adjust dynamically with every bet. This is based on math (search "Kelly criterion".) If you offer a bigger max bet, you have way too much risk to lose all your money and I am fairly sure your expected results are even losses in that situation.
- That's why MoneyPot (MP) can be indeed an option. There are even some basic free open-source scripts like: https://github.com/untitled-dice/untitled-dice.github.io to get started. You will be able to have your own domain/hosting, but the wallets/seeds/bet-calculations/max-profit/etc go through MP. This is also much better for security (if you get a cheap developer) and your budget.  You will need to trust MP though, obviously. Although from the player's perspective, MP is probably more trusted than you.
- Still there are already many (more trusted/interesting/fun) gambling sites. You will need a budget for promos/ads/etc too. The full 3 BTC is even limited for advertising IMO. Especially with a non-unique concept/game.
- If you do get a popular site, the hosting costs might be disappointing too. Plenty of gambling sites spend 1-3 BTC  a month on hosting.

Best of luck though.

I just think people highly underestimate the budgets/time/effort to make and run a good gambling site.

JackpotRacer
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:20:22 AM

Just a few notes:

- 1, 2 or even 3 coins will be not enough for a good and trusted developer. You might find a developer, but IMO expect bad results, a developer who will cheat you or/and a very insecure site that can be easily hacked. 10% profit sounds fun, but as a developer I can easily just make this site for myself and make 100% of the profit.
- On-chain is possible, but I think with the increasing blocksize, you probably should look into off-chain games. IMO those site that you mentioned, should also consider switching.
- You should have a max profit per bet of 0.5-1% of your bankroll. If you have 2 BTC as bankroll, the max profit per bet should be max 0.02 and adjust dynamically with every bet. This is based on math (search "Kelly criterion".) If you offer a bigger max bet, you have way too much risk to lose all your money and I am fairly sure your expected results are even losses in that situation.
- That's why MoneyPot (MP) can be indeed an option. There are even some basic free open-source scripts like: https://github.com/untitled-dice/untitled-dice.github.io to get started. You will be able to have your own domain/hosting, but the wallets/seeds/bet-calculations/max-profit/etc go through MP. This is also much better for security (if you get a cheap developer) and your budget.  You will need to trust MP though, obviously. Although from the player's perspective, MP is probably more trusted than you.
- Still there are already many (more trusted/interesting/fun) gambling sites. You will need a budget for promos/ads/etc too. Even the full 3 BTC is limited for advertising IMO.

Best of luck though.

Nico thanks for jumping in with your more in depth explanation that is spot on because to be frank I am not able to explain this as you did Smiley

OP listen to this user he is an expert and check out moneypot and it would be a good starter for you to get some experience

👇🏿👇👇👇👇👇👇👇🏿
s@toshiClaims

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

☜★ WinBits Trade ★☞

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 08:21:11 AM

I have send you a pm. if you have all the stuff ready already i can help you with setting up. for a dice game you need a server so start with that if you have that we can move on..

succeed (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:45:58 PM

True, but the developer may not have enough money to fund this.

Yeah, I do have near 9.56 BTC, but out of which I only wish to invest 3.56 BTC into this.

I agree with you, I can ask the dev to make this off-chain.

I know math but not sure how this works. I will leave it to the dev or I would definitely appreciate if you can elaborate this point. I am curious and I will try my best to understand it.

This site looks nasty. I don't want to host it on MP anyhow.

- Still there are already many (more trusted/interesting/fun) gambling sites. You will need a budget for promos/ads/etc too. The full 3 BTC is even limited for advertising IMO. Especially with a non-unique concept/game.

I guess, I will have to consider putting more money, I can do upto 7 BTC, not more than that.

- If you do get a popular site, the hosting costs might be disappointing too. Plenty of gambling sites spend 1-3 BTC  a month on hosting.

If I get popular, I can surely afford better things because at the end of the day, "The House always wins."

Best of luck though.

Thanks sir, I will surely appreciate if you can help me with anything in this.

I just think people highly underestimate the budgets/time/effort to make and run a good gambling site.

I am not underestimating, I have never been into this before, so, I was making wrong assumptions. Now, I am getting to know about this better.
succeed (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:11:42 AM

A Big Fucking Bump. Still looking for one.
s@toshiClaims

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

☜★ WinBits Trade ★☞

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 12:32:45 PM

A Big Fucking Bump. Still looking for one.
add me to skype. satoshi.claims

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: