Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:35:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST MINING GRAPHIC CARD AT A CURRENT TIME!!!!???  (Read 4551 times)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 03:40:07 PM

Not enough CAPS and !!!s and ???s

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jdhayes

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:26:17 AM

Can anyone give me a breakdown on who may ACTUALLY be legit with some proof and not just a bunch of FUD? (fear, uncertainty, doubt)
In my opinion, no.

Like you I'm new to this and I've been looking into ASIC.  I've come across the big three and all three of them are not simply missing ship schedules but doing so in particularly shady ways.  Rather than clear, concise information about where the product is and where people's money is you get these weird blog entries and thread responses that oft-times sound more like zen koans than an actual business answer.  So I don't trust the businesses themselves simply because they aren't acting like businesses.  Now... who else might actually provide any "proof"?  I can't think of anyone.

Does that mean I'm out of the ASIC game?  No.  I might yet even pre-order and if I do it'll likely be BFL.  But my assumption is that anything I pre-order with them is simply throwing money away so it'll be some small amount I can afford to lose.  Honestly, if I was going to drop non-trivial money I'd want to fly out and visit BFL in person at this point.  I can't think of anything else they might do other than actually ship some product that would count as proof.

Sorry, but the "fear", "uncertainty", and "doubt" in this case is all very well placed and it wasn't put there by me.  Should FUD be enough reason to not move forward?  Not necessarily but it sure as heck ought to be a reason to move forward cautiously.  Look at it this way, you were never going to get wealthy using ASIC miners anyway despite the garbage spewed by "profitability calculators" such as this one:  http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/
TehTDK

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:38:39 AM

I can highly recommend a 7970 for gaming and it can crank out over 600MH/s when you are not playing games.
But like the last person said, buy it because it's a good gaming card, not because it can mine bitcoins.
Because in a few months when the ASIC rigs start mining the difficulty will raise so high it won't be worth mining with GPUs anymore.
However, afterwards, Folding@Home, BOINC and several other distributed computing challenges will welcome your GPU with open arms.  Smiley

So far as I have seen from most of those services, they only CPU mine and not GPU mine. But then again they too might have changed their ways and learned a few things Tongue.
Gestas

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:47:37 AM

...Nobody even has an ASIC, not from any company yet...

Forgive me sir, I am new, and literally only discovered Bitcoin a few days ago.

I heard, however, that one distributor, Avalon, have sent out their first 300 units a few days ago?  Has no-one received theirs yet?
They are just buying time until their shipment gets "stolen" by Somalian pirates or some other nonsense so they can try and get more money from idiots.
TehTDK

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 06:15:40 AM

...Nobody even has an ASIC, not from any company yet...

Forgive me sir, I am new, and literally only discovered Bitcoin a few days ago.

I heard, however, that one distributor, Avalon, have sent out their first 300 units a few days ago?  Has no-one received theirs yet?
They are just buying time until their shipment gets "stolen" by Somalian pirates or some other nonsense so they can try and get more money from idiots.

Or "Insert random BS excuse here"
flyG

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:30:28 PM

When you look at this link: https://bitclockers.com/miningcalculator

GPU's won't stand a chance fighting ASICs, and 600K chips have been ordered to avalon.

That's around 170 TH/s added to the network!
benmuc

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:46:03 PM

Im currently mining LTC on a  OC'ed 5970. Max Hashrate is at 800. Card has a high power consumption, so i would not reccommend it.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:19:36 PM

I'm making about 1 BTC every 5 days at 10.1, even with difficulty increasing I figure I still have a couple months to pull nearly 1BTC a week.

My rig would not quite pay for itself then, but only $500 shy. More importantly I got bitcoins that may or may not go up in value!

I have free power and a place to run it, though. If you don't I wouldn't bother.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
CNClove

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:26:42 PM

Whats the best mining graphic card at a current time?
Im planning on adding a graphic card to my pc and start mining again...
I cant decide which card to choose...from my research I have done here are the ones I consider choosing from:
5850, 5870, 5770, 5830, 5970, 7970, 6770..and I have found only 6770, 7970 online that are in stock still... Sad
Please help me choose!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Huh Roll Eyes

7950, 7970, 7990
krasnolud

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:45:01 PM

I recommend 7970 or - as a budget solution - used 5870.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: