Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fing Car wont start  (Read 1647 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:49:26 PM

Adam,

Is your car a manual or automatic? And yes, batteries don't do well in the winter time.

automatic

Pop starting would have been a temporary fix anyway. Although it might have been useful to get to the auto parts store!

damn that's right eh... next time I'll buy a manual, more control!

Manuals are for single guys with sports cars. You better stick with the auto family man. The kind of control you need is an extra hand to block projectiles flung from the back seat!  Grin

At least wait until the kids are out of the house and you are in a mid life crisis to buy the manual. Maybe your bitcoins will allow you to buy something really nice by then!
My wife disagrees!  We have two kids, a third on the way, and her car is a manual (and she insists on her next being a manual as well)!  Mine is too, of course.

Also, when the battery is completely dead, push-starting doesn't work.  At least, it never did for me.  I'm talking no clicks dead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:06:34 PM

Adam,

Is your car a manual or automatic? And yes, batteries don't do well in the winter time.

automatic

Pop starting would have been a temporary fix anyway. Although it might have been useful to get to the auto parts store!

Manuals are for single guys with sports cars. You better stick with the auto family man. The kind of control you need is an extra hand to block projectiles flung from the back seat!  Grin

At least wait until the kids are out of the house and you are in a mid life crisis to buy the manual. Maybe your bitcoins will allow you to buy something really nice by then!
My wife disagrees!  We have two kids, a third on the way, and her car is a manual (and she insists on her next being a manual as well)!  Mine is too, of course.

Also, when the battery is completely dead, push-starting doesn't work.  At least, it never did for me.  I'm talking no clicks dead.

It was a joke. I don't know how I could have made that more obvious! Talking about flying projectiles, a mid life crisis, and getting rich off Bitcoins wasn't enough?   Tongue
I don't know, it all sounded pretty reasonable based on all the advice I receive from all the backseat parents around me.  Cheesy
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 2111

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 10:42:07 PM

Manual FTW.

Your battery probably bit it when it went low last time. Deep discharge is pretty damaging to regular car batteries. I've killed a couple myself that way.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 11:25:32 PM

Is this car a Fiat?  Wink

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 11:48:48 PM

Adam,

automatic

Manuals are for single guys with sports cars. You better stick with the auto family man. The kind of control you need is an extra hand to block projectiles flung from the back seat!  Grin

My wife disagrees!  We have two kids, a third on the way, and her car is a manual (and she insists on her next being a manual as well)!  Mine is too, of course.

Also, when the battery is completely dead, push-starting doesn't work.  At least, it never did for me.  I'm talking no clicks dead.

It was a joke. I don't know how I could have made that more obvious! Talking about flying projectiles, a mid life crisis, and getting rich off Bitcoins wasn't enough?   Tongue
I don't know, it all sounded pretty reasonable based on all the advice I receive from all the backseat parents around me.  Cheesy

i was thinking of buying a manual, but everyone told me not to, and i eventually agreed with them ... automatic is a plus for me, because it can be my wife's car when she gets her license.

the PT cruiser was a crazy good deal  70,000KM 4000$(without taxes), they got it from a trade in, and they sold it to me 'AS IS' no 60 day guarantee nothing, so i jumped on it!

looks better then a van, same amount of space, ok their like 0 room in the back seats, but my kids are 2 and 0 so doesn't matter... the trunk has alot of room

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:11:47 PM

Yeah, used American-made cars can be had for dirt cheap.  Definitely an economical way to go - they aren't all that bad in reliability anymore either.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:54:44 PM

0 room in the back seats, but my kids are 2 and 0 so doesn't matter... the trunk has alot of room

Grin

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: