Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:44:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-03-02] Is bitcoin a safe haven against mainstream money mayhem?  (Read 323 times)
Scream (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:25:43 AM

bitcoin/ n. A type of digital currency in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of units of currency and verify the transfer of funds, operating independently of a central bank.

Eh? No wonder so many people are confused about bitcoin. What you see above is the Oxford Online Dictionary definition of what is probably the most fashionable currency in the world. I realise that’s not saying much: currencies don’t usually have cult followings. But if the euro is the nerd no one wants to be seen with, bitcoin is the coolest kid in the class.

Perhaps part of the attraction of bitcoin for techie types is the very fact that it’s such a mystery to everyone else, accustomed as we are to traditional currencies. That makes the bitcoin club very exclusive.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/is-bitcoin-a-safe-haven-against-mainstream-money-mayhem/
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:57:13 PM

I hope so else i'll need a plan 'B'  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: