Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:46:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Daemon beta testing and feedback  (Read 1617 times)
F4C3 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:54:43 AM

Introducing Coin Daemon https://www.coindaemon.com/

It is still in beta, but wanted to get some feedback from the community regarding the service.  If you run an ecommerce store and are interested in beta testing the service, please let me know.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:02:19 AM

Well done!

I had thought about offering bitcoind hosting service, but hadn't thought through all the legal stuff.

So.. who are you, and why should we trust you with money?  Smiley

bitcoind hosting is basically a bank.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:20:43 AM

Looks great, I signed up for an account. I'm basically a noob with e-commerce stuff, but would love more information about how your site works. What does it allow me to do?
F4C3 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 02:21:09 PM

Thanks for the kind feedback so far!  Smiley

My team and I will have an official introduction up before launch, we are pretty busy putting the final touches on the service.

As for currency storage, while you can certainly store as much as you would like in your wallet at Coin Daemon, I do not intend for this to be its primary function.  As with Paypal and many other ecommerce payment and transfer services, I expect most shop owners to use the service for its uptime and reliability and to move their payments to their local wallets after payments have been cleared and products delivered to their end clients.  In fact, we will probably assist with writing scripts for cron jobs and scheduled tasks to pull the funds down from Coin Daemon to their local clients.

When I was putting together the Zen Cart plugin for bitcoin, I witnessed the need for shop owners to have an always available bitcoind rpc service with which to track and provide their clients with payment addresses.  This is where Coin Daemon spawned from.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: