Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:29:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you really think that Vitalik is Satoshi Nakamoto?
Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Vitalik Buterin Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 3998 times)
rickn

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:28:12 AM

No, I do not think so. For me, Satoshi Nakamoto does not exist. It must be a company or a group of companies that have joined and created the BTC and not just a guy.
SkyscraperFarms

Activity: 39
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:39:05 AM

It is more likely that Mike Hearn is Satoshi than Buterin.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2146520.0
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:53:51 AM

I'm guessing that it should be Hal Finney and he's the closest person to be Satoshi Nakamoto but he never claimed it.
No, I do not think so. For me, Satoshi Nakamoto does not exist. It must be a company or a group of companies that have joined and created the BTC and not just a guy.
This is what I'm also thinking, it's just a pseudonym for a group that wants to hide and remain anonymous.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1366

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:43:31 AM

Same. I think that Satoshi Nakamoto would've been a name for a group of people specialized in computer science, cryptography, distributed computing, and other fields. With all the complex subjects that blockchain technology involve, it would've been difficult for a single person to have come up with such a project. It would have taken years of experience and dedication to be able to come up with a new technology that would revolutionize finance.

While Vitalik may not be Nakamoto, he sure is smart and created another revolutionary cryptocurrency called Ethereum that is hitting the world by storm. Smart contracts, and decentralized applications will be the way of the future. As for Bitcoin, it is only a matter of time before the creators reveal their true identities or not. If identities become revealed, then it would greatly impact Bitcoin's value over the long term.

Nevertheless, all that matters is that Satoshi has introduced us a way to transact freely and gain control of our financial future. It will pave the way towards decentralized commerce, identity issuance, property registration, and more in a safe and secure way that has never been thought possible before. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Peullat

Activity: 4
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2022, 08:07:08 AM

Unlikely.

Vitalik Buterin was born in 1994, and the Bitcoin Whitepaper (which took years to build) was published in 2008, therefore he was 14 years old at the time.

Even though he's a great worker, no tween is going to spend their free time working on something like the Bitcoin protocol.

For further reading about the issue

https://pureweb3.blogspot.com/2022/04/could-vitalik-buterin-be-satoshi.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: