Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My idea for some safety cover for buying Amazon Gift Card with bitcoin.Thoughts?  (Read 397 times)
manicminer (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:50:26 AM

If you are buying Amazon Gift Cards from a not so trusted party, you may get into a few troubles:

- Amazon Gift Cards are refundable, up to 45 days

- The card be stolen, or generated (I don't know how it works)

So, just to add a little bit of safety:

You and your friend (can be an imagined friend, Amazon doesn't really care for this), are using two Amazon accounts, can be with addresses in separate countries (such as one in the UK, one in the US). Sure, I know you can log in to all Amazons with the same login, but you can make one more "UK like" (add a UK address), the other more "US like" (add a US address).

Suppose you bought some Amazon Gift Cards is USD for you UK address. You then send them over to your "friend" in the US? If you do this more, and Amazon questions you, you have plausible deniability that you are in the UK, and your friend will buy the things for you in the US, ships to her address, and bring/send over to you.

With this extra step, your UK Amazon has a proof, a receipt, that you bought and sent legit Amazon Gift cards to your friend in the US. In the case the original seller want a refund to the gift card, or turns out to be a scam.

Might be a totally silly idea, what do you think?

See more here: What's the safest way to buy Amazon UK, US, DE gift cards (not Wishlist)?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: