Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:46:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox API  (Read 1879 times)
SkRRJyTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 09:34:13 PM

It is terribly frustrating to watch the market do very little for months and then on the day volatility kicks up the API lags and freezes.

There cant possibly be that many people or services trying to read this feed, so fix it please?  I am sure the Bitcoin community has enough talent to help you with this even.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 10:51:14 PM

It is terribly frustrating to watch the market do very little for months and then on the day volatility kicks up the API lags and freezes.

There cant possibly be that many people or services trying to read this feed, so fix it please?  I am sure the Bitcoin community has enough talent to help you with this even.

You know it could be just down to so many trades and bots trying to trade. There is really only one fix, and it isn't software it is a hardware so yea.

yeah, those bots would be working overtime with all the arbitrage on mtgox swings
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:37:37 PM

Is the streaming API down now?  I can't receive it
SkRRJyTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:10:40 PM

You know it could be just down to so many trades and bots trying to trade. There is really only one fix, and it isn't software it is a hardware so yea.

I refuse to believe this there are many other feed services that are used much more heavily, yet even if it was true MTGox has the money to upgrade hardware.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 03:11:20 AM

I am so happy someone brought this up. It pisses me off that certain sites for example like mtgox, clarkmoody, or even bitcoinity cant handle large request of people using there site. They only have one job todo which is to make sure there service works. Personally I dont blame clarkmoody and bitcoinity as for one they both are free to use and dont really have any income to upgrade there servers and second is that they use mtgox's api.Mtgox makes millions im quite sure, so youd think they could afford to upgrade there servers to support more capicty.Instead they sit on a high chair and dont quite care what happens
genuise

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 07:22:18 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2013, 09:51:56 PM by genuise

I am so happy someone brought this up. It pisses me off that certain sites for example like mtgox, clarkmoody, or even bitcoinity cant handle large request of people using there site. They only have one job todo which is to make sure there service works. Personally I dont blame clarkmoody and bitcoinity as for one they both are free to use and dont really have any income to upgrade there servers and second is that they use mtgox's api.Mtgox makes millions im quite sure, so youd think they could afford to upgrade there servers to support more capicty.Instead they sit on a high chair and dont quite care what happens

I think your reasoning about scarce resources with zero price (free) and dedicated resources (paid services) makes perfect sense. That is why I would suggest trying paid services like bitcoin-analytics.com. A long with paid access it has limited free access. And instead of only one exchage it gathers data about lots of exchanges for 4 currecnies.

good luck

SkRRJyTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:52:18 PM

GoxLive is garbage too.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:08:21 AM

agreed, someone needs to make a goo reliable exchange that offers some basic features and doesnt crash or have problems everytime alot of users use the site. I swear mtgox is just sitting on a pile of money instead of doing anything and improving and because of this they will loose marketshare and will be known as the early empire of bitcoin exchanges.Like in history with egypt being the first great empire that is what mtgox will be the first empire that few know about and few care about.
yuzhe

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:20:31 PM

agreed, someone needs to make a goo reliable exchange that offers some basic features and doesnt crash or have problems everytime alot of users use the site. I swear mtgox is just sitting on a pile of money instead of doing anything and improving and because of this they will loose marketshare and will be known as the early empire of bitcoin exchanges.Like in history with egypt being the first great empire that is what mtgox will be the first empire that few know about and few care about.

They can't. Any significant changes to trading engine (such as disabling partially-covered bid/ask ladder feature, coding the whole thing in pure C++ instead of php/mysql etc) will result *huge* outcry from everyone because fundamental rules will change.

Also, goxlag keeps HFT bots at bay, sorta.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:36:16 PM

Also, goxlag keeps HFT bots at bay, sorta.

It keeps everyone at bay LOL, but the reason there isn't true HFT bots, is cause the market isn't that big yet so it is hard, my bot just doesn't trade when the lag is more than 10secs.
the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:04:32 PM

are you using it just for price quotes?   If that's the case I already fixed it.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: