Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:35:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to Philippine Pesos (PHP)?  (Read 19104 times)
dettygt (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 04:32:20 AM

Is this currently possible?  Are there any wire transfers to Philippine banks available?

I'd like to cash out but I'm a bit lost on how to do it, avoiding PayPal (don't want to take the chance of getting the account limited.)

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
w0mbat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 12:34:19 PM

afaik its not possible right now. but you could trade with a other service and then exchange USD/EUR/GBP etc. to PHP.
here you can see your options: http://btcxc.info/btcxc.html

*** http://btcxc.info/  <->  Your source for everything around trading & mining Bitcoins! ***
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:09:46 AM

The only practical way right now is to pay someone BTC in exchange for PHP (Philippine Peso) deposit to your bank of choice. Or handed over to someone physically; the bank deposit would be safer. This is an old post, but until now there are no commercial exchanges that cater to this need, therefore the only viable option is through small time people willing to exchange your BTC.

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 09:33:11 PM

The only practical way right now is to pay someone BTC in exchange for PHP (Philippine Peso) deposit to your bank of choice. Or handed over to someone physically; the bank deposit would be safer. This is an old post, but until now there are no commercial exchanges that cater to this need, therefore the only viable option is through small time people willing to exchange your BTC.
Only a few days short of a full year Smiley
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 06:59:11 AM

I'd like to offer my services: Send me BTC 4.5 and I will deposit PHP1,000.00 (One Thousand Philippine Pesos) to your choice of bank account. Rates will vary every day, obviously, but I'm sure we can work out a deal. If you intend to have the money received door-to-door in the provinces, I can do that as well, but I will deduct the fees the remittance center charges (which is usually about P180 for every P3000).

If you want me to pay someone's water or electricity bill or load their prepaid cell phone with credits, just make sure they are not over due and I'll do that as well.

And oh, I only have about PHP 3000 for this, so don't send me more than BTC 13.5. I'm one of those small time bitcoin traders I mentioned.

I will, of course, email scans of all deposit slips and other receipts, if you want.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 12:56:45 PM

There are PNB branches in the States. I would like to see if I can get a Bitcoin exchange account linked to a PNB account. I don't think it would be directly linked to the Philippines, but it should make it easier to transfer money.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2012, 04:05:25 PM

There are PNB branches in the States. I would like to see if I can get a Bitcoin exchange account linked to a PNB account. I don't think it would be directly linked to the Philippines, but it should make it easier to transfer money.

Is this something Bitinstant.com should be interested in?
Can you post more details since I don't know anything about PNB?

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 10:17:44 PM

Is this something Bitinstant.com should be interested in?
Can you post more details since I don't know anything about PNB?
From the website http://www.pnb.com.ph/rci/
PNB Remittance Centers, Inc. (PNB RCI) was incorporated on October 19, 1990 under its former name, Century Finance and Remittance Centers, Inc. (CFRCI). The California Department of Financial Institutions licensed it as a transmitter of money abroad in May 1991. It is also supervised and examined by different regulatory agencies in Nevada, Texas, Illinois, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Florida, Washington State, Oregon and Alaska. PNB RCI is a subsidiary of PNB International Investments Corporation, which is wholly owned by the Philippine National Bank in Manila, Philippines.

PNB RCI began its operations by opening the National City branch (in San Diego) in September, 1991 followed by Chicago, Illinois branch in February 1992 and the simultaneous openings of West Covina and Union City branches in March 1992. Jersey City in New Jersey, San Jose and Carson branches opened for business that same year. To further expand its remittance services and to reach a greater portion of Filipino-American remitters, additional branches were opened in Las Vegas, Nevada, Illinois, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, Florida, Washington State, Hawaii and Texas. Today, PNB RCI has forty four (38) branches in the US and soon will be opening additional branches in California, Oregon and Alaska.

The high quality of client service, competitive exchange rate, and rapid delivery of funds make PNB RCI the no. 1 remittance company in the United States.

Call 1-800-PNB-8788 (1-800-762-8788)

© 2009 PNB » Philippine National Bank » Your Global Filipino Bank
316 W. 2nd Street, 7th Floor, Los Angeles CA 90012
Telephone Nos. (213) 401-1008, Fax No. (213) 401-1208

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
arielmoreno

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 02:47:03 AM

Is this currently possible?  Are there any wire transfers to Philippine banks available?

I'd like to cash out but I'm a bit lost on how to do it, avoiding PayPal (don't want to take the chance of getting the account limited.)

Thanks!

This is philippines' bitcoin wallet. https://coins.ph/r/tgJMkm  im using this and there are so many options where you can cash out even if you have no bank account. i hope this helps you. Sorry for my bad english.  Cheesy Btw im filipino  Smiley
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:08:08 AM

Well, it is now 2015. Some exchanges have come and gone (local ones, that is). But it's a little bit easier now. If you need help, I can do it for you.

Remember, to use any of these new exchanges, you probably have to have a bank account in the Philippines, as well as other identification, ... so if you want your transaction private, I can be your front.

My combined monthly limit on some of these local exchanges exceed 1~2 million pesos now. (approximately 20,000 USD to 40,000 USD). I can probably do about a quarter to half a million pesos in a day if needed.

fastdice.com

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Worlds fastest Dice Game - http://fastdice.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 01:51:47 PM

This guy is a pro on LocalBitcoin.
More than 4000 trades to date. More about selling BTC for Php.
Here is his advert and does meetups in Antipolo and is based in Australia
https://localbitcoins.com/ad/276992/buy-bitcoins-with-cash-philippines

Here is his full profile
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/greenglobal/

FrostStick

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 09:08:22 AM

Definitely check out the 2 main sites for local bitcoin buyers/sellers/traders. Localbitcoins and Paxful.

You'll usually find better deals on Localbitcoins though but Paxful's sellers are generally faster.

Good luck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: