Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:01:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [82/83] "What is Bitcoin?" silkscreened posters [UPDATED DESIGN FOR 2016]  (Read 8412 times)
Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:45:15 PM

@nubbins haven't been online in 11 days now. I hope nothing has happened.
Well, that sucks! Hope he didn't get hit by bus or worse.    Undecided

Someone received their poster in the meantime?
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2672
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 03:14:50 PM

Someone received their poster in the meantime?

I received mine about a week ago. (SC, USA)

Regards,
Me

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:13:45 PM

Hi folks, sorry, our provincial government released a brutal austerity budget two weeks ago and there's been a flurry of protests since that's happened -- been really busy pumping out propaganda and rallying folks. Over 2,000 leaflets & posters distributed, with rallies doubling in size each week  Shocked

Indianacoin and IOTUSA, please PM me with a BTC address and I'll return the cost of your posters to you, with my sincerest apologies for the delays in shipping. They're finally on the way Smiley

Others who are still waiting on posters, please PM me (again! sorry..) and I'll sort out your tracking numbers. I still have all the slips here. Some of the packages in last year's batch took several weeks to arrive; I think only a single one was actually permanently lost in transit.

I'm much too busy right now between running my business and doing activism work / opposing the new budget, so at this point I will probably halt all retail sales of these posters and turn it over to other distributors. I believe MinerJones has shown an interest in reselling.

Links about our government's insane decisions (book tax, closing most libraries, huge gas tax, regressive taxes that hurt the poor, dismantling healthcare and education, etc) and the public reaction, with photographs of me if you know who to look for Sad

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/march-confederation-building-live-blog-1.3558651
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/budget-protest-tee-1.3557254
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/confederation-building-rally-1.3546491
http://www.vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?mn=2&id=62295&latest=1
http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2016-04-29/article-4514005/Anger-rises-on-steps-of-Confederation-Building/1

Thanks everyone for your support so far and please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions or concerns. Just too much happening at this moment to keep much of an online presence at the moment. Cheers.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:55:13 PM

PM sent. Hope it works this time...
Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:17:00 PM

received  tracking number.
Expected delivery: Europe — 1-2 months  Shocked

Does Canada Post use water snails for transit??? Roll Eyes
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:42:54 PM

received  tracking number.
Expected delivery: Europe — 1-2 months  Shocked

Does Canada Post use water snails for transit??? Roll Eyes

Wait until you see how much it cost me Sad

Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:09:24 AM

Indianacoin and IOTUSA, please PM me with a BTC address and I'll return the cost of your posters to you, with my sincerest apologies for the delays in shipping. They're finally on the way Smiley

Hi, I have sent you a pm with my BTC address.
Hopefully you noticed it until now.

This is just a reminder for that.
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:12:45 PM

Hi folks, sorry, our provincial government released a brutal austerity budget two weeks ago and there's been a flurry of protests since that's happened -- been really busy pumping out propaganda and rallying folks. Over 2,000 leaflets & posters distributed, with rallies doubling in size each week  Shocked

Others who are still waiting on posters, please PM me (again! sorry..) and I'll sort out your tracking numbers. I still have all the slips here. Some of the packages in last year's batch took several weeks to arrive; I think only a single one was actually permanently lost in transit.

I'm much too busy right now between running my business and doing activism work / opposing the new budget, so at this point I will probably halt all retail sales of these posters and turn it over to other distributors. I believe MinerJones has shown an interest in reselling.

Links about our government's insane decisions (book tax, closing most libraries, huge gas tax, regressive taxes that hurt the poor, dismantling healthcare and education, etc) and the public reaction, with photographs of me if you know who to look for Sad

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/march-confederation-building-live-blog-1.3558651
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/budget-protest-tee-1.3557254
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/confederation-building-rally-1.3546491
http://www.vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?mn=2&id=62295&latest=1
http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2016-04-29/article-4514005/Anger-rises-on-steps-of-Confederation-Building/1

Thanks everyone for your support so far and please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions or concerns. Just too much happening at this moment to keep much of an online presence at the moment. Cheers.

Nubbins,
If the posters are on the way I don't see any reason for you to return the coin. I will however PM you for a volume purchase if you want to give me a discount on order 10, 20 or all of your remaining posters.

nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:40:19 AM

30 posters were purchased yesterday by a bulk reseller. I believe i have just two posters remaining, probably #82 and #83. If anyone would like to purchase these specific numbers, please let me know. I'll likely only ship within North America. Please see IOTUSA or minerjones for all other purchase enquiries.

Thanks again for helping support a small print shop, maybe I'll see you all again next spring Smiley

IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:48:36 AM

You guys think this is his best work? I have something much nicer he made for me...

Dude, how do I get my hands on that one?

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 11:52:37 AM

You guys think this is his best work? I have something much nicer he made for me...

Dude, how do I get my hands on that one?

Haha.. I got that from a Casascius auction. IIRC my offer was contingent upon him making me a custom art piece to go with the coins.
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:04:56 AM

Haven't received my poster after about a month of shipping. It is stuck at "sent item abroad) for more than 20 days now. Any help would be nice.

Has anybody in the EU received their posters?
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:12:10 AM

Nope I haven't received it yet but just relax it will arrive some day (soon)
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:19:28 AM

Sorry guys, all the packages were awkward sizes, and it's prohibitively expensive to mail a large package via express. All of the rolled posters ended up costing me 2x what I charged for shipping.

Packages are all on the way, I don't have any more info beyond what Canada Post says, your packages will eventually arrive, and any that don't arrive will receive a 100% refund. Patience Wink

Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 04:47:23 AM

In case you forgot, let me remind you again that the refund has not been made until now.
Kindly notice my pm for further details Smiley
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 01:15:04 PM

My poster was waiting for me at home when I got back behind the iron curtain. 
Looks great! 
Thanks Nubbins, look me up on IRC Cheesy

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 01:29:05 PM

Good news: all posters shipped to germany arrived in Hamburg.
Bad news: DHL package center Hamburg is an effing bermuda triangle.

But let's wait and see. Glad there was a shipping update yesterday Smiley
nubbins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:25:14 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2021, 07:50:44 PM by nubbins

Good news: all posters shipped to germany arrived in Hamburg.
Bad news: DHL package center Hamburg is an effing bermuda triangle.

But let's wait and see. Glad there was a shipping update yesterday Smiley

Sadly, the entire Atlantic Ocean is a Bermuda Triangle for tracking packages.

If you take a look at a map of Canada, you'll find St. John's on the very, very eastern edge of the island of Newfoundland. Roughly 2,000km to the west, near the Great Lakes, is Montreal.

International packages sent from St. John's must first travel to Montreal, THEN they're sent overseas from there.

Wildly inefficient system, and now you know why shipping costs so much Wink

(Anyone who has received a "tube" / rolled poster is welcome to share a photo of the postage -- I lost HUNDREDS of $$ underestimating the cost of rolled shipping)

wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:15:08 AM

Today my poster arrived ! Thanks nubbins, this poster is awesome, a piece of art.

I want to send you some BTC to compensate a bit of your loss on the shippingcosts, can I send it to: 18eQJRj5dMVtT1TeGr3sVesmFBruCq6f8F ?

Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:07:53 PM

Received my poster well Cheesy As soon as custom made frame is ready I will post a picture of it. This poster is super awesome!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: